1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fenix PD35 Tactical

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by crinko, Feb 12, 2018.

1. crinko

crinko Loaded Pockets

so I decided to break down and purchase a flashlight and after watching videos on YouTube I decided to go with the PD35 tactical version. If you have one how do you like it ? I can’t wait to get it and test it out !!!!!!!!

2. BillyFred

BillyFred Empty Pockets

Love it. Using the Felix 18650 batteries with a Nitecore charger. I work deep nights and it gets used a lot. Seems like its a couple of years old and hasn't missed a beat. Right size for easy carry and really bright.

3. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

I don't have a PD35 but I have the UC35 which is very similar but has a built in charge port. I love it for a EDC bag light, and mine has held up to quite a bit of abuse. A common misconception is that the UC35 is less waterproof because of the USB charge port which isn't true.

All in all you made a great choice, the PD35/UC35 are great lights which will serve you well.

4. ty_higg
    • +1 Supporter

ty_higg Loaded Pockets

Iv had one for about 2 years now and I absolutely love the light. Great output settings and really good battery life! I'm running mine with the Fenix 18650s also highly recommend them so you don't have to continue buying batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. crinko

crinko Loaded Pockets

Thanks for you info and feedbackguys, I’m thinking on getting some rechargeable batteries in the near future. this is going to make a great addition to my EDC

6. jcwagers

jcwagers Loaded Pockets

Congrats on your PD35 Tac. :) You mentioned getting some rechargeable batteries. You'll also need to get a charger for those batteries. As far as batteries go, there are plenty of good ones. The main thing is to stay away from batteries that end in *fire. Some of the 18650 batteries claim wild mAh numbers but don't deliver. If you can find some good 3400-3500 mAh batteries, you should be fine.

I personally like the protected cells in my lights but I know a lot of people prefer unprotected. The protected ones usually offer overcharge protection, overdrain protection, and a few others. The unprotected ones are just the straight batteries but if you're careful and don't run them down too low, they'll work just as good. Other people on here can give you much better and more detailed info on protected vs unprotected 18650 cells. The unprotected Panasonic 18650 cells are more affordable than the protected cells. The protected ones you can usually get a pair for $25-30. Orbtronic, Olight, Fenix, Keeppower, and Eastshine are just a few of the companies that sell 18650 protected cells.

As far as chargers go, the Xtar chargers are very nice for the money. Nitecore also makes some nice ones as well. Whichever you decide to go with, try to get something that will also charge larger batteries, like 26650. You may not have interest in them now but as more lights adopt that battery size, you may become interested. A charger that will charge those as well as your 18650's will just put you a step ahead in the game and make it so you don't have to buy another charger. Good luck and I hope you continue to enjoy your light and get some good batteries and a good charger. Take care and keep us updated!