1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fenix Light Comparison

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Bubba, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Bubba

Bubba Loaded Pockets

We were recently given the opportunity to review and compare a few different models of Fenix brand LED flashlights. We reviewed the Fenix; TK10, L2D, PD30 and PD20. These are mid priced, high quality lights that push a lot of light from standard size batteries. Three of these lights use the common CR123 size battery, one uses AA size batteries. We looked at three lights with 5 separate functions and beam intensities. One of these Fenix lights (the TK10) is a tactical design with two brightness intensity options and a less complicated interface. All of these lights include replacement parts and other accessories in the package when you buy them.

Click Here for Full Review & more pics

[img width=640 height=494]http://www.tucsonpictures.com/pics/2008-11/00-11-17--08-0035.jpg[/img]

I'm really impressed with Fenix lights so far, we plan to do some torture tests next to see how well they can hold up to abuse
    Any ideas?

Click Here for Full Review & more pics

2. Bucky

Bucky Loaded Pockets

Great review. It would be an added bonus if the pictures on the site could be enlarged.

Bucky

3. techwg

techwg Empty Pockets

Nice, i only wish you had throw shots, over distances of like 65 yards. I dont have pictures, but my PD20 hits 80meters (87 yards) and i was clearly able to see the roof and chimney enough to know its there.

4. Bubba

Bubba Loaded Pockets

thanks, we'll include longer distances in future reviews for sure
    This was a quick one I did when I first received them

I'm very impressed with their performance, and I want to compare how they do with the more expensive models I also use all the time

5. op1

op1 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the review, very informative and reassuring as I have just bought a PD30 which is currently in the post

6. Bubba

Bubba Loaded Pockets

I've been carrying the PD30 in my pocket for a few weeks and I don't know what I did without one

I keep it in the non-turbo mode, so first click is low, and thats why I need it 99% of the time, occasionally I click it up brighter
    and every so often usually outside I'll twist it up to turbo / max brightness

It's so light I forget it's there, till I need it
    I'm very satisfied with it so far

7. BeerGuy

BeerGuy Loaded Pockets

I just bought my first light, a Fenix PD20, should be here in a few days.

I picked up my wife a L0D from Fenix also.

Thanks for the review. It helped me with my decision.

8. Bubba

Bubba Loaded Pockets

thank you too

You won't go wrong with the PD20.. I liked mine more and more each day until I lost it ;)