1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fenix L1D or Fenix LD10

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by antman157, Jun 24, 2009.

1. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

Hey,

I am going to purchase a light tonight, this will be my first Fenix light. Currently I have a Coleman LED light I carry, but am wanting to upgrade.

Are both of these lights close to the same? Is one newer than the other? I was looking on Amazon and the LD10 is $7 dollars more .. Was wondering what the difference is between the 2 lights? The L1D is 48.00 .. Just wondering which would be a better deal ... Can someone please help?

Thanks!

2. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

LD10 is the newer version of L1D, other than appearance and a little brighter, I don't think there are any significant difference.

3. jwalker497

jwalker497 Loaded Pockets

One has 3 output modes and one has 5 modes. Low med High, then Strobe and SOS. I prefer the one with 3 modes.

4. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

jwalker are you sure you aren't referring to the L0D and LD01?

The L1D and LD10 are the AA-based light -- the LD10 is just a refreshed version of the L1D and is not necessarily a huge improvement but offers some welcome changes.

5. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

I EDC an L1D and I am very pleased with it. I added a Fenix forward click switch to mine.

6. Doug S

Doug S Empty Pockets

I just got my first Fenix light (P1D - Q5), and I have to say I'm impressed with it. Comparing it to my Surefire 6P, G2, and E1e, the Fenix is brighter with just as nice of a beam. I haven't studied it, but at a glance the fit and finish are comparable to my Surefires. Since I just got it I can't comment of durability and such, but first impressions are very good. If it is representative of the other Fenix lights, I think you'll like them.

7. MinorCuts

MinorCuts Empty Pockets

The LD10 has "flats" on the barrel which helps keep it from rolling when you set it down. It also has a slight crenellated bezel. I like the updated features over the L1D model.