1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fenix flashlights?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by redbeard_actual, May 17, 2013.

1. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

jeepsrjason Loaded Pockets

They're very similar. The LD 22 is 215 lumens on turbo and has a 2:15 minute run time. The Ld 20 is 205 on turbo for 2 hours. Also the LD22 has a rubber selector button to select between modes.

grids7 likes this.
  2. david57strat

david57strat EDC Junkie!!!

I've got the tiny E15, the slightly larger PD20, and an E50, and am extremely pleased with all three lights. I EDC the E15 and the PD20, and when going out on jobs where I require a toolbox, the E50 (and other lights) get packed in the tool box.

The E50 has the added convenience of working with, or without the extension tube. The extension tube allows for use of the light with two 18650 batteries. Using the light without the extension yields the same light output, with shorter run time.

Very dependable lights. It's hard to go wrong with a Fenix, and they come in all sizes, battery configurations, and price ranges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KODIAKman and watchcollector1968 like this.
  3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have several of them but the only gripe I have is the cheesy clip on some models which ALWAYS comes off and gets lost for me?
    I was camping last weekend and had the LD21 and a Zebra SC52 and between the 2 I had any kind of light that I needed and a backup too.

The best that are easy to find for the price in my experience.

Ed

4. Racer

Racer Loaded Pockets

I saw the title of this thread and immediately pictured some guy named Felix selling flashlights out the back of a primer-painted van.

phenom880 and SAKplumber like this.
  5. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I have the Fenix EO1, EO5, LD10, LD20, E15, TK50 and PD22 and like all of them. I carried the LD10 for about 6 months before switching to my Surefire E1B, but have been carrying the PD22 for close to 6 months now. I carry the PD22 mainly because I would hate to lose my Surefire at work, I would hate to lose the PD22 but being half the cost of a Surefire I could deal with.

Monocrom, Fukurai and SAKplumber like this.
  6. ANJARI

ANJARI Loaded Pockets

I love Fenix. Always have a flashlight to work, whatever!!!
    [​IMG]

7. Russ Prechtl

Russ Prechtl EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have a couple of Fenix lights and love them. I keep an LD-10 in my trauma kit with a lithium battery for emergencies. I also gave a single CR123 light to my sister in law for her keychain. It's super bright!

8. ji553r

ji553r Empty Pockets

I have 3 Fenix lights and am impressed by all. Will be buying more from them. Mostly will own only Fenix but I do plan on buying a g2x here soon maybe. Check out promotive.com to see if you qualify, you won't regret it.
    [​IMG]

xnyne, david57strat and ANJARI like this.
  9. dcmassena

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

I've got an e11 and its a good light.

10. david57strat

I just picked up an E40 on CPF Marketplace. That makes #4, of the Fenix collection :). Love 'em! Would love to get my hands on a TK75.

AK Adventurer likes this.
  11. AcesQ

AcesQ Loaded Pockets

I find Fenix pretty good except for their recent LD & PD series. I dislike the design and usage of the side switch

I have Fenix LD20 over 4 years and is still working fine , and always a E01 on my keys

Last edited by AcesQ, Jun 4, 2013
    Fukurai and jeepsrjason like this.
  12. Aleister

Aleister Loaded Pockets

I have a TK-35 from the day it was released and it's one of my most loved flashlights. I consider TK-35 as the one to have "if you could only have one flashlight", a really good, dependable and sturdy all-round light.

I also might be in for a PD35 when it's out, depending on specs and UI.

13. UrbanWarrior

UrbanWarrior Loaded Pockets

Yeah how is the E11 on a keychain?

To the OP I keychain carry a Fenix E05. I like everything about this little single AAA light. I'm still using the first Duracell battery I put in it when I first got it last year.

[​IMG]

ItsHardToKnow likes this.
  14. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I have to agree. I'm glad I got my PD20 before Fenix made it a more complicated light with that ridiculous side-switch. If I ever lose my PD20, I won't be replacing it with a PD22.

Fukurai and ozner1991 like this.
  15. david57strat

I only picked up the PD22, because it was available for twenty bucks, shipped to my doorstep, on CPF Marketplace, and in pristine condition. Couldn't pass that up; but I've got to say, I'm very pleased with the interface on that light. The only (other Fenix) light I have, with the side switch, is the E50, and I don't really have any complaints about electronic switches (just took some getting used to, as compared to mechanical forward clicky switches of most of my other lights).

I'm still drooling over the TK75, which I have yet to buy, when funds permit. Gotta have one :|. Got the Fenix bug. You all can relate, I'm sure.

16. ozner1991

ozner1991 Loaded Pockets

i agree, i have a pd30 which was made before that odd side switch. i liked fenix for their basic design and no draining memory modes. but these side switches are steering me away from upgrading to their newer lineup

Monocrom likes this.
  17. phenom880

phenom880 Empty Pockets

Bought my first quality flashlight today...fenix ld20 on amazon for 43 bucks shipped...cant wait till it gets here!!!!!

AcesQ, Norse Scots and jeepsrjason like this.
  18. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

e05 on my keychain, love it!

tmedina likes this.
  19. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

That's the thing with EDC gear in general. You find something that works well, buy another one exactly like it before the company that makes it discontinues it or "improves" it.

AcesQ, Fukurai, jeepsrjason and 2 others like this.
  20. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I like the side switch a lot as it just works best for me and the way I use the light.
    I use the momentary all the time and I like knowing the light will come on exactly as I left it the last time.
    The side switch is a brilliant idea as the switching all from the tail switch makes it too easy to change levels when I don't want to.

To each his own.