1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fenix flashlights?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by redbeard_actual, May 17, 2013.

1. KODIAKman

KODIAKman EDC Junkie

Pd22, pd32, ld15, eo5...love em all. Only bad luck I had was with an eo1. The third time I turned it on the head literally popped off. On further inspection the threads were so shallow they were almost non-existent. Luckily it was an REI purchase and easily returned. I'm sure it was just one of those that got by a sleepy QC guy as I have read the eo1 is darn near bullet proof:)

defuse kit and Fukurai like this.
  2. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

I've had my E01 forever and my friend has had the older one for even longer, so I can attest to its durability and longevity. After that, I'm most familiar with the LD01 and E05. Not the smallest form factor, not the craziest specs, but solid performers for a relatively low price.

If you're willing to spend a bit more, I'm in love with the Zebralight SC52 and would recommend it strongly. Otherwise, Fenix lights are good and have the added benefit of being found in some brick and mortar stores for you can see and handle them.

3. Dr. Bahn

Dr. Bahn Loaded Pockets

I own a T1, an E01, LD10 R5 and another whose name I donĀ“t remember atm. :D They are all great lights for their prices.

4. Blitzkrieg
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzkrieg Loaded Pockets

Derp. Stupid phone - was typing in a warehouse trying to hide from the (usually busy) boss. Meant to say E01. That's what I get for sneak typing when I should be working.

muffinkat, REDDEVIL, Aleister and 3 others like this.
  5. gooseman1991

gooseman1991 Loaded Pockets

lol

6. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

My E01 was one of two lights I took with me on vacation back in 2009. Durability is its strong suit.

PD20 for belt-carry. Best part is, if you can get one of Fenix's older open-top (single-CR123) belt pouches you get a light that is just as tall as a non-dress belt. Blends in nicely, without looking like you're trying to be Batman.

TK35, a compact beast of a light for when you need those lumens.

LD05 is thicker and longer than the average 2AAA penlight, but is overall the best one I've encountered on the market.

My L0D rebel 80 is particularly special. Basically an LD01 with strobe and S.O.S. settings, the older L0D is nice if you don't mind or actually want those settings. My L0D actually helped to save the day when my much more expensive and ridiculously overrated Night-Ops Gladius failed on me one night when I truly needed a good amount of light. Luckily, I was carrying my L0D as a back-up light, and it performed flawlessly.

kembativz, Fukurai and AK Adventurer like this.
  7. redbeard_actual

Yeah yeah I meant fenix, ipad auto corrected

8. redbeard_actual

I'm gonna check those out too

9. redbeard_actual

Thanks everyone

ItsHardToKnow and Fukurai like this.
  10. WruceBillis

WruceBillis Loaded Pockets

I have a Fenix angle light mounted in a pouch on the side of my maxpedition Monsoon, I've only had good experiences with it and am tempted to buy Fenix brand again especially at the price point

11. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Can I show a pic of my ripped Fenix LD01 again????

[​IMG]

Trickster, InMused, Aleister and 7 others like this.
  12. kembativz

kembativz Loaded Pockets

LD22 carried for 6 months in the Ecuadorian amazon - came out without a problem. Also carry it every day as a duty light - small but powerful, tough, and a decent striking implement if need be. Highly recommended.

E11 carried in my skinth when not on duty. Couldn't live without it!

13. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

I have 4 Fenix flashlights, and not a bad word to say about them.

Crazy Canuck and ItsHardToKnow like this.
  14. ketchupgun

ketchupgun Loaded Pockets

my PD22 is hands down the best light I've ever owned (for the price) and has infinite uses when I'm shooting...I especially use it for doing little lighting tricks, light spot lights and stuff (I'm a photographers...it's crazy convenient....and sits in my pocket.

on my keys is/was an eo5....which I've dropped numerous times...but last time...it stopped working...fenixtactical.com has sent it to china for free repair for me. love that light. I await it's glorious return....like the time I propped into a mound of snow so I could change a tire at night.

KODIAKman and ItsHardToKnow like this.
  15. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Loaded Pockets

Have 4 Fenix lights... E01, E05, LD01 and E11. I have at least one of them (sometimes 2) on me at all times. They are so compact and easy to carry and are there when needed. Awesome lights.

ItsHardToKnow likes this.
  16. grids7

grids7 Loaded Pockets

Need... want... don't go messing up a good vibe with these kinds of distinctions. C'mon, there's only a couple letters' difference. :D

Always wanted to try out the LD 20, seems like it would be a great light. I think one of the first images I saw of one was sitting in the bottom of a full aquarium, on.

jeepsrjason likes this.
  17. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

jeepsrjason Loaded Pockets

I would have already got it but I'm not going to be around to use it for a few months.:) LD 20 and LD22 are both great lights. My LD20 has been dropped in the ocean once and has been taken camping a few times. It sits in my glove box now. LD 22 sits on a shelf by the door. It may come with me to South America!;)

Fukurai likes this.
  18. grids7

grids7 Loaded Pockets

I think still on topic and maybe of use to the OP, what's the difference between the 20 and 22?

jeepsrjason likes this.
  19. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

I have been using a range of them for quite a few years now and have no complaints whatsoever, so they definitely get a recommendation from me.

My L1T has been a solid performer for a few years now, has been to many camps, taken swimming, into camp saunas and left outdoors in the rain with no ill effects. There are newer and fancier models available, but none I have felt justified the cost to upgrade from an already decent light. Alongside that I have been using a range of the AAA lights too - an e05 has been in my pocket the last year or so and has been perfect, and I have had the LD01 and e01 which are currently on my work keyring and in my backup stuff respectively (upgraded because I prefer the combination of output, beam and simplicity of the e05 over the other two).

I am being tempted by the LD25 though...

20. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

I think they make a good light and definitely at a great price. Probably the most aggressively marketed Chinese light out there as you can find them in retail stores.

In the quest for luminary snobbery they sometimes lack the most current output bins, choice of tints, and features like Reppans mentioned (sub-lumen modes). I've personally found some of them to be very gritty in the threads which makes me think other brands like Foursevens are a touch more finished.