1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fenix flashlights?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by redbeard_actual, May 17, 2013.

1. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Yeah, was not really planning doing true night biking just having something if i happened to be out at dusk so i do not get hit.

I just got the optional pocket clip for the hl50 and was really hoping i could clip it to the molle on the backpack strap of my rush 72 as an anglehead light but it popped off the other day so i am rethinking it. Might try using a ranger band to better secure it because i like the idea.

keith1234 likes this.
  2. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

Maybe you could mount the head clip part to you handle bars with a velcro strap and some friction tape so it wont slide around?

3. 313

313 Uber Prepared

Just got a E05 after reading this thread, been carrying it in my keyring for a week now. Great light for the money, need to get a couple more to stash in my bags.. Also looking at a LD12 or TK09 for a more serious light.

dml24, keith1234 and kottskrapa like this.
  4. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

I rounded out my E series collection this week with a new E41 as my nightstand/bump in the night light. Very wide, floody beam and still manages a good hot spot. It's compact, but a tad bulky and heavy to be an actual pocket light, at least for any long duration.

My E12 on the other hand is a near perfect pocket light and a joy to carry.

When I need something with a bit more punch that is still small enough for a pocket, the E25 is great. Good throw and feels robust in the hand.

For now I'm pretty satisfied with AA lights and in the future I might check out some of their monster throwers.

5. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

Their throwers aren't that impressive at the moment (they are working on a new one according to their website), have a look at Olight for some thrower magic, I have two M2-UT Javelot's and they are very nice lights 800+ meter throw.

6. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

E05, E12, TK15, HL30, LD41 and TK35UE.

The TK35UE is a thrower with very large central spot and generous spill. Turbo and high are very bright and illuminate a large area with good distance depending on local conditions. The E05 and E12 are EDC light. The HL30 is Fenix's very useful and bright 2 X AA headlamp, and the LD41 is a floody 4 X AA that does decent distance. All these lights are AA lights and very much favored for daily use.

The TK35UE uses 2 18650 batteries. I purchase the Fenix ARE C2 charger and two 3200mAh Fenix branded 18650 batteries, I will add two more later.

I can highly recommend Fenix lights. They are durable, water proof to IPX standards and can stand up to out door use.

7. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

I wasn't smacking Fenix, believe me I have a bunch of them, just at the moment their throwers are battery intensive and large. The M2-UT Javelots take ONE 18650 and is similar in size to a TK32, which is one of my favorite lights from Fenix. I highly recommend both Fenix and Olight, either way you will be happy and both of their customer service departments are top notch!

dml24 likes this.
  8. ANJARI

ANJARI Loaded Pockets

I received today in the mail, from FĂȘnix 2015 global customer satisfaction survey[​IMG]

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

turbo6 and dml24 like this.
  9. KSouthpaw

KSouthpaw Empty Pockets

Have an LD22 incoming. Also have the the TK11, TK12, LD20 & PD35. Love these lights...

dml24 likes this.
  10. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

I found the E12 an ideal pocket carry light and the E05 and ideal size for the key ring. A TK15 is my nightstand/bump in the night light. Good thrower with enough spill to light up a room. I had resisted getting another 18650 light, but once the initial investment is made with good batteries and a good charger the combination of 18650, AA and AAA lights provides lights for any situation.

Cannot go wrong with Fenix or Olights.

sungame likes this.
  11. Kristina Cay

Kristina Cay Loaded Pockets

I agree the e12 is a perfect pocket carry. I love it. Does everything I need a light to do except it has no self defense applications really.

12. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

The E12 is likely too small for self defense. My TK15 would make a good self defense light. Big enough and strong enough to enhance defense options.

Probably to big for casual slack pockets. I have not tried to see how it would fit in my cargo pants, but I suspect it would carry well in cargo pants or a sling pack or small back pack.

13. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I have never tried the E12, but its predecessor, the E11 is a great little pocket EDC light.

IMHO, the E01 makes a great keychain/backup light. Small, lightweight, built like a tank and with a lot of runtime on one AAA battery.

All in all, I think Fenix makes good lights at a decent price point in most categories. I especially like the fact that most models are completely waterproof. Also, they seem to understand the difference between tactical and EDC. This means they make actual EDC lights for actual EDC, instead of scaled down mall ninja stuff.

A few light connoisseurs complain about the tint of the light, and others about the lack of a pocket clip on the E11/12 models. While I do agree that a clip would be useful, I do not really care about the tint. Yes, even I can see that neither the E11 nor the E01 have perfectly white beams, but this is not a major drawback to me. There are probably situations where color rendition is important, but I just don't encounter them nearly often enough for this to be a problem.

14. balder77

balder77 Uber Prepared

[​IMG]Hi all.
    I have two fenix lights: TK 15 and TK16.
    Both are fine and durable. The Tk 16 has got both switches at the tail and some more power,
    so it is my favourite edc light.
    Imho they are worth the money!
    At the photo Tk16 shown on the left side, between watch and Izula.
    Kind regards,
    Chris

ANJARI likes this.
  15. Ninja1980

Ninja1980 Loaded Pockets

I've just got a Fenix E05 for a friends birthday. Great little light for EDC

16. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

Nice win! I wish I got that.

Instead I won a CL05 from their survey. Cool light in terms of modes, but it's purple so it went on my wife's keys.

But I agree, their lights are impressive and of good quality even if they are conservatively designed. They aren't necessarily loaded with bells and whistles, nor do they have the mall ninja feel but quality and function aren't bad traits if you are looking for a light. A lot of people simply want more options and that's fine. On the other hand, some other manufacturers push their lights to pump out as much lumens as possible, with as many modes as possible which can lead to failures, which people definitely post about here and elsewhere.

ANJARI likes this.