1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fenix flashlights?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by redbeard_actual, May 17, 2013.

1. meds081603
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

meds081603 Loaded Pockets

My only experience with fenix is a pd35. Absolutely love mine. It gets abused and used daily. Rain or shine freezing cold or melt your face hot it kicks :censored:!

2. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

I purchased the Fenin HL30 headlamp earlier this year. The best headlamp I have owned to date. Our house has one Black Diamond light and and Eddie Bauer headlamps, both are 3XAAA lights. These lights are okay but AAA runtimes are shorter and since both lights are new several years old, thier light output. while useful, if far from the best or optimal.
    The output levels showing below are about as good of a spread as I could find in any light.

• Turbo - 200 Lumens - 1 hr. 40 min.
    • High - 100 Lumens - 4 hr. 30 min.
    • Mid - 45 Lumens - 10 hr. 30 min.
    • Low - 4 Lumens - 140 hr.
    • Red Light Mode - 4 Lumens - 140 hr.
    I find the mid 45 lumen and low 4 lumen most useful. Thre red 4 lumen works well in the car at night or in the house when I don't want to ruin night vision.

I feed it a combination or Enloops or NiMh AA's and the runtimes are excellent.

Yes it is plastic, but the quality of the plastic is high, fit and finish are excellent. The next headlamp I would like is the
    Fenix HL55!

3. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Since folks are talking about Fenix flashlights in here I'm hoping someone has some insight into a recent problem I'm having with my E-15.
    I've had it going on 2 years and it's worked great until about 2 weeks ago. First, it stopped switching modes. It would come on in Med mode and wouldn't change. Then it stopped coming on at all. Changed to a brand new battery. No luck. I got it sometimes come on in Med mode with the new battery if I twist the head tight and loose several times.

I tried cleaning the threads and the contacts in the head but nothing seems to change it.

Anyone have any ideas or something that fixed a similar issue?

Thanks in advance!

keith1234 likes this.
  4. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I just looked inside of mine and see that it has tabs that are bent upwards to make contact with the battery instead of a spring. I took a small screwdriver and placed it inside to see if that was the case. Maybe check to see if they are straight up and not bent.

scbubba likes this.
  5. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the response. I opened mine back up to check this. All three tabs look to be in good position. At this point I'm not sure if it's a continuity of circuit issue or something in the head circuit itself. It won't regularly turn on and when it does, I only get the medium mode.

I've retired it for now as my in-pocket light. The Maratac AAA Extreme will take over that duty. Not quite the same as the 1xCR123 but better than the one that won't work reliably or correctly...

Thanks again keith1234!

6. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but that's all I have for ideas, other then like you said it's the head.

scbubba likes this.
  7. AlphaWhiskeyRomeo

AlphaWhiskeyRomeo Loaded Pockets

I carry a Fenix E12 daily in a Pocono Pocket Sheath. I love this little light. I use it almost every day. I really like the fact that it uses 1-AA, and the brightness options are dim, bright, and brighter. Very simple.

keith1234 likes this.
  8. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

I debated a bit over an LD02, but I ended up ordering an E12 as my new EDC light. Better run times, a bit larger, brighter and I can continue to stock AAs.

I figure with an E25, and an E12 on the way the next logical step is an E41 for a larger, brighter light.

At least then I'll have always have batteries on hand and getting more is never a problem with common cells.

dml24 likes this.
  9. Slayer2003
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Slayer2003 Loaded Pockets

This was my daily carry when I was working in a warehouse, and is now part of my laptop bag kit. I had another, but it was lost/stolen. I love this light, and wish it were still available. Slim, light, and the modes are no-nonsense easy to use.

Fenix P2D Premium Q5

[​IMG]

10. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

This Fenix user is anticipating the new Fenix RC20.

• Uses Cree XM-L2(U2) LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
    • 4 Brightness Modes Plus Strobe
    • Turbo: 1000 Lumens - 1 hour 10 min.
    • High: 425 Lumens - 2 hrs. 55 min.
    • Mid: 150 Lumens - 9 hrs. 50 min.
    • Low: 10 Lumens - 120 hrs.
    • Strobe: 1000 Lumens
    • Modes of Operation
    • General Mode: Access 5 brightness modes
    • Simplified Mode: Access 3 brightness modes
    The light comes with a USB charging cradle and powered by an ARB-L1-2600 rechargeable Li-ion battery (features 2600mAh/3.7 Volts).

Shipping on October 5. I have not ordered one, yet. Waiting for some reviews and then I will decide.

11. WarRaven

WarRaven Loaded Pockets

I'm on fence grabbing a couple older UC30 at moment... Gifts, or keeps lol?
    And in line for the new E25UE for a couple, good cold weather light for me I figure.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet

12. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

I just ordered this new offering, cant wait to get it, I ordered two 26650's for it as well, it takes one, or an 18650 with a spacer ring:
    [​IMG]

13. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

The E25 ue looks awesome. Up to 1000 lumen in a medium sized light that can run on 2 types of batteries.

14. dpadams6

dpadams6 Empty Pockets

Me too. Looks nice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

15. dpadams6

dpadams6 Empty Pockets

Let us know how you like.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dml24 likes this.
  16. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

17. W-D

W-D Loaded Pockets

Love my fenix ld20, carried for 4 years, dropped A LOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Durandal64

Durandal64 Loaded Pockets

I have a TK35. Had it for several years now. I have no complaints. It lives in my GHB during the winter. The power and throw on the beam are incredible. I love the multi-mode output, as I can use it to burn someone's skin off (Raiders of the Lost Ark style) or read a map.

19. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I can understand your passion for that light, I have the the AA version, the L1D, still EDC it 24/7 along with something newer of course but it is still a great light in it's own right.

Slayer2003 likes this.
  20. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

Please share an evaulation of the light. If you can provide some dark site pictures that would be appreciated!