1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Feeling the itch for a rechargable light. Looking at Fenix UC35

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by ThreeWulfMoon, Mar 2, 2016.

1. ThreeWulfMoon

ThreeWulfMoon Loaded Pockets

I'm feeling the itch to add a new light to my EDC rotation. I have a Fenix UC30 and I like it a lot except that it gets accidently switched on in my pocket sometimes. It's not that big of a deal (because it's rechargeable), but it's got me to thinking that the UC-35 with the clicky button on the tail cap might have been the way to go. Does anyone have a UC-35 and if so do you like it? I'm not 100% sold on the UC-35, so I'd consider another brand if it was similar in price/quality/features.

2. Custom

Custom Empty Pockets

Check out the olight s30r II. I use it as my bed side light and my EDC light. Great experience so far with it. I'll take it camping soon too so I bought and modified a diffuser for it.

3. jcwagers

jcwagers Loaded Pockets

There are actually several pretty good options for rechargeable lights. You're familiar with the Fenix UC30 and the UC35. Nitecore makes the MH10, MH12, and MH20. Thrunite recently released the TC12. Olight has several rechargeable lights with the magnetic bases. Look for any of the lights with a "R" at the end. I've been pretty happy with all of my Fenix lights so if I was to get one, I'd probably go with the UC35, unless there is a newer version with better specs. Hopefully some others will chime in with their experiences and recommendations. Let us know what you pick and how it compares to your UC30, if you don't mind. :) Take care!