1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favourite EDC Flashlights.....

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Safety1st, Aug 26, 2008.

1. lightsandknives

lightsandknives Empty Pockets

Lately, it's been my E1B w/Z68 tailcap. I'm kinda' liking the light as long as I'm in cargo shorts so I'll have a place to carry it. Otherwise, it would be my NiteCore EX10.

2. mikel81

mikel81 Loaded Pockets

:spotlight:

Keychain - Fenix L0D
    Pocket - Nitecore Defender Infinity
    Car - Modded 3D m@g spotlight with p7 emitter (900+ lumen)

3. lukus

lukus Empty Pockets

The Photon Proton Pro (they also make the little Photon keychain lights) has a white LED and a red LED. Kind of like the Surefire Aviator in that you can choose white or red with a single switch. Unlike the Aviator, the white light is LED, not incandescent, and the brightness is adjustable by holding the switch down like the Photon Freedom

4. sed6

sed6 Loaded Pockets

I EDC a Drake around my neck and a Photon Freedom on my keychain but this is by far my favorite EDC light...
    It's a custom light made for me by PhotonFanatic on CPF. No you can't have one. :laugh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Bubba

Bubba Loaded Pockets

mine is big compared to a lot of these, a Surefire G2 (with LED head upgrade)
    I was about to switch to the E2D LED , but it's longer head bothers me..

So, I spent the $22 on the surefire belt holder for the G2.. the V70 'Speed Holster'
    and it's the best $22 I've spent in a while

I used to carry the G2 in my pocket, but it needed to be screwed off (so the battery wouldn't run down)
    So when I needed it, first I had to fish it out of the pocket (no clip on a G2) and then screw in the tail cap so the pressure switch on the end would work..

For a long time this didn't bother me, then we shot a low light / night pistol class, and there is just no way to get to that G2 fast enough

Now it's on my belt, and ready to use and I put it right between the Leatherman and the spare glock magazine
    If I need light I can easily grab it, and if I need to put the light away quickly it accepts the light bulb first or bulb up, so no thinking needed

6. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Surefire E1B
    Arc AAA-Premium
    Petzl e+LITE with Signal LED beacon on the back

When I travel and stay in hotels the E1B and Petzl go onto the night stand..

7. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I carry an Arc-P on my key chain, and I carry an Orb Ti in my pocket at all times. I am also a huge Mc Gimzo fan for EDC. But, right now, I have just been carrying my Ti Orb; great light and wicked bright, and it is also very small.

8. JBorneu

JBorneu Loaded Pockets

My new Nitecore Defender Infinity is my main EDC light. I also carry a cheap coin cell powered Arc AAA clone on my keychain as a backup. It gives enough light for a backup and I don't care about it getting beat up around my keys.

9. TooSharp

TooSharp Loaded Pockets

By far my favorite to date is the Nitecore D10. It slips right in the coin pocket of my jeans.

10. BoxANT

BoxANT Empty Pockets

Fenix L0D, great little light.

11. Lane

Lane Empty Pockets

X's 2! :)

12. isneyk

isneyk Empty Pockets

E1B for me. :)

13. maxray

maxray Loaded Pockets

For awhile I EDC'd a Fenix P2D Q5...liked it alot, but a little too big. Then I got a Novatac 120P - I tend to carry it on weekends (carrying it today), again, a little big. Then I got an L0D and loved it! But the crappy clip failed me, and I lost it last week after about 2 months of use :mad: I am going to order the Nitecore D10 as soon as the pocket clip is available (supposedly this week) and give it a try...I am going to be real tempted to buy another L0D at the same time, the thing just disappears in your pocket, and has unbelievable brightness for its size.

In the car is a Surefire Centurian C2 with a Malkoff M60 dropin.

14. Ainsley

Ainsley Loaded Pockets

Maxray,

Give the liteflux LF2X a look and some consideration, I have both it and the L0D and vastly prefer the liteflux.

15. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

:welcome: Welcome to EDC Forums, Lane. I like your avatar. :)

16. flip

flip Empty Pockets

I always have an Orb Raw NS with me. It is a great little light. If I am at work, I also have a Surefire E1E with an Optics HQ LED head and a Surefire 6P with a DX 6090 drop in led in it. I usually have several other led lights in a bag in my car along with several sets of primaries and rechargeables and a charger.

17. Crocodilo

Crocodilo Loaded Pockets

Owned and carried:

Primary EDC:
    - BitZ
    - Nitecore EX10
    - Fenix P1DQ5 with Leef body and clicky
    - Surefire L1 Cree

Backup EDC:
    - Fenix L0DQ4
    - Fenix E01
    - Arc-P CS

As you can see, I'm pretty much a fan of the single 123 format for primary pocket EDC. When needed, and AAA flashlight is added for backup, or a Surefire 2x123 may be carried in a bag (C2 or 6P with Cree drop-ins, or an E2DL).

Out of the first lights mentioned, the BitZ (140 USD) is a custom light with a twisty, three modes plus some hidden extras. Very small, bright, and with a great beam, faultless construction and nice finishing touches. The EX10 (60 USD), only slightly larger, is a workhorse with a great design and versatile UI. The P1DQ5 (60 USD) pocket rocket is nothing short of amazing, performance-wise, and the Leef body (40 USD), although increasing it's size, is a major upgrade. As for the SF L1 (135 USD), it is just the best user interface out there, bar none, with a throwy beam that totally outperforms it's lumen count. Solid as a rock, but quite larger than the rest of the pack, the L1 is a classic.

(Prices may vary, consider these ballpark figures.)

Out of the backups I listed, the L0DQ4 (45 USD)is no doubt a high performance flashlight, therefore being demanding on it's battery diet, NiMh or lithium are mandatory. The E01 (15 USD) is the proverbial battery scrounger, with unbeliavable long runtime on a lowly alkaline and a very usefull output on a somewhat ugly beam. The Arc-P (45 USD) (although I still use the old CS version) is another classic, with a bluesy but nice soft beam, decent runtime, and solid construction. Time has proven it's value.

18. grimm_kaosboy

grimm_kaosboy Empty Pockets

Daily use....keychain has a gerber infinity, victorinox SOS pouch holds a fenix aaa (replaced the pretty much useless mag-lite that came stock) and on my belt I have a rechargable streamlight stinger. Yes, its big and heavy but for daily use I like not having to replace batteries for my surefires all the time.

-Bill Liptak

19. stronzza

stronzza Loaded Pockets

So far my faves are my McGizmo LS 27 and Ti-PD-S on the belt...but in the pocket is my Endeavor Ti by Muyshondt. Really powerful and sexy form factor.

:roof:

20. vic2367

vic2367 Loaded Pockets

mine are

sf E2L outdoorsman
    fenix L2D