1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite YouTube Reviewers

Discussion in 'The Way Station' started by aedmband21, Nov 2, 2011.

1. turnsouth

turnsouth Loaded Pockets

I like real reviews, ones that tell the good and the not so good about something. A lot of reviews are really just infomercials, where I keep expecting the QVC host to step into frame and let me know how many are left before they are sold out.

Things I watch for to let me know if it is probably not a real review:
    • If there is a link in the video description to save a certain percentage on purchasing the item
    • When the reviewer has a dozen or more videos on products from the same manufacturer
    • When the reviewer has a product they haven't used and they keep saying how they "just love" this or that feature
    • When the reviewer never offers a critical opinion on anything about the product
    That is not to say that these videos don't have a purpose, I watch them when I want to know all the features of a product. But I always keep in mind that the person is trying to sell me something...

2. bdbart

bdbart Loaded Pockets

ITStactical

MCPOWoller likes this.
  3. hoyfort

hoyfort Loaded Pockets

So far, I must agree with you guys, RoscoeBa , Cutlerylover and Stschmalhaus have made great revies, but also there are another reviewers that I haven't seen listed in here, like: cjc5531, gwynn1975, survivalistboards, sootch00, just to name some. There's another guy that I like a lot his style and he is seanmulhall.

4. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

5. Sofastreamer

Sofastreamer Loaded Pockets

bluntruth4u
    mrdagon
    roscoebea

6. thooks

thooks Empty Pockets

sootch00

By a mile. He needs to sharpen his wording/do some editing of the mis-speakings on the fly, but sootch00 has got to be one of the best when it comes to producing a great video showing you some worth-while stuff.

A million times better than some jackwagon sitting in his dimly-lit living room sounding like a 16-year old nerd taking a break from hacking computers in his basement.

7. Omning

Omning Loaded Pockets

Not directly EDC Bags related but I've been watching some Equip 2 Endure vids lately. He puts knives through their paces for sure.

8. aedmband21

aedmband21 Loaded Pockets

Adams great. I've been watching him for a while now. Seems like he's been slacking lately with the vids though. I mean I'm sure he's got nothing else going on in his life to detract from putting videos on YouTube. Anyway, as kind of a general comment, I wish more people would branch out more from maxpedition. I have a lot of their products, but theres also just so much more out there. I rarely buy anything without first finding a video review on it.

9. Jean

Jean Loaded Pockets

10. YWG2112

YWG2112 Loaded Pockets

11. mole

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

...hm...i donĀ“t know. i sometimes watch gear review channels and realize, i find some of them refreshing & informative, and then...i find something/ another video/ a statement from the maker/s there (f.e. strange religious/political/:censored: opinions) that keeps me from recommending the channel to my friends.
    so i collect opinions, try to get an overview and from there on, have my own experiences. complicated? maybe, but it works for me...

SurvivePenna likes this.
  12. TARFU
    • The Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I haven't done any real video reviews, but a tripod is in the mail, so expect some soon. This has actually been really helpful to read in order to understand the right and wrong way to do them. Excellent guys, keep the comments coming.

In terms of my written reviews, I try to stick to what we all care the most about and not waste people's time with any philosophical crap. I think most reviews also fall short for me because they don't cover all the features of the product in lieu of spending time unboxing, showing off their EDC, etc. I could give a rats arse what the box looks like and most of their EDC isn't half as impressive as what even the newbies have on this board.

In terms of who I have bookmarked.... most have been mentioned here. Stefan and Hickok45 for gun reviews are two of my favorites.

13. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

14. jv6509

jv6509 Loaded Pockets

I tried listening to some of Nutnfancy's gear reviews and by the time he started to review the product I had already looked up all the info I needed through other sources. Though coming here and asking questions is great for gear feedback.

15. Camden44
    • The Omnia Paratus

Camden44 Loaded Pockets

My favorite is ItsAWonderfulKnife! He's very informative, easy to listen to and just has overall great videos!

ATF and MR24927 like this.
  16. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

I'm a GunWebsites/GearWebsites fan myself...

17. Jean

Jean Loaded Pockets

The european knife reviews are great, done by a guy who posts here are great. They expose us to things we normally don't see.

(Can't search on my phone and my memory seems to fading, I will update with his name when I get on a real machine.)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

18. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

You mean Stefan. He was mentioned before.

19. amacman
    • The Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

20. MR24927
    • The Omnia Paratus

MR24927 Loaded Pockets

Shuttersandtriggers
    Stscmallhouse
    Bikingshaun
    Solosknifereviews
    Modifidez

MrGlockJock25 likes this.