1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite shoes or boots

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MCSOK9, May 30, 2006.

1. Darkling

Darkling BST/Marketplace ban

I have a pair of Oakley SI boots and I love wearing them but I also have a pair of Altberg Peacekeepers and in my, extensive, boot wearing experience there are no better boots out there!

2. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

Saturday I got a new pair of Asolo Fugitive GTX hiking boots from REI. My last pair of Vasques did not last. The sole separated after only being worn a few times. They were however about four or five years old. Last month REI gave me a store credit for about what I paid for them. I wanted to wait until the 4th of July sale to see if they went on sale or at least use a 20% off coupon that they normally mail out. Well they are not on sale and no coupon this time. I was able to get 15% off by signing up for Gear Mail which sends specials to your eMail address. When I fitted them I brought my new SuperFeet green (for narrow feet) insole and have worn them every day so far. I must say they are the most comfortable pair of boots thus far experienced and highly recommend them to those who desire a light weight Gore-Tex boot. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

3. trull

trull Empty Pockets

Seconds on Born

4. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

Have narrow feet, they look like they run wide. How's the fit?

5. trull

trull Empty Pockets

I have a narrow heel but a wide sole and they fit great. I like to have plenty of space at the front of my footwear. Another summer shoe I like is Keen. I had a pair of their boots for a while but I wore them until they fell apart. I still have a pair of newports.

6. Stelth

Stelth Banned

I live in Florida and wear shorts for like 10 months out of the year; if you wear boots with shorts you sort of look like a nut-job.  I wear New Balance sneakers most of the time.  They last for years.

7. svt03

svt03 Empty Pockets

8. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

I have a difficult foot size and shape also. I wind up buying most of my
    shoes at Modell's, can usually find something that fits at a
    reasonable price.

For rainwear in the winter I really like the LL Bean boots
    I bought a season ago.

For years I wore the famous LL Bean maine hunting shoes
    (duck shoes) in bad weather, but they've
    since worn down...they used to replace the soles/heels
    for free, will have to ask them if they'll do that for me.
    I don't think they do that anymore, though.

Anyone have a good mail order source for small-size
    men's and kids shoes?

9. ADK031

ADK031 Loaded Pockets

Danners rock. Worn them for many years in the army (Ft.Lewis) although the boots I enjoyed the most in the army were Altama jungle boots. Wearing Acadias (uninsulated) now in my civve job. Timberland sandles for non-work time, very comfy.

10. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

Boots: Doc Martens (lightweight, comfortable, go with pretty much anything), a beat to hell pair of LL Bean Cresta hikers that are still going strong, the classic Bean Boots and also a pair of Bean's Stormchaser boots for snow wear.

Sneakers: Although I've never been on a skateboard a day in my life I prefer skate shoes since they're comfortable and durable. Mostly I've gotten Vans. The last pair was Etnies and they've held up very well.

I just got a pair of Comfort Moccasins from LL Bean and like them a lot.

11. eldahjack

eldahjack Empty Pockets

propet walkers are very comfortable. i wear them daily. my supplier puts a 2 year guarantee on them and i've had to use that already. they can wear through fairly fast (use daily, 8 months) but the comfort is its plus

12. subrosa

subrosa Loaded Pockets

Shoes - US made New Balance shoes model 476
    Boots - US made Chippewa boots (L.L. Bean iron worker model)

13. flash_bang

flash_bang Loaded Pockets

Shoes: some nikes I got from freddies
    Boots: bates M9 combat in olive mojave (looks like a really tan khaki to me) on closeout from LAPG
    Sandals: some UA heatgear accelerated stuff from a GI Joes tent sale

14. SpookyEight

SpookyEight Empty Pockets

Asolo FSN 95 GTX

I've worn my current pair over 2 years, and quite literally around the world. My only complaint is the sole. It gets a little slippy when wet. Other than that, excellent boots.

15. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

:iagree:. I got these from REI a couple months back and am sill very impressed with the construction, comfort and fit :).

Asolo Boots

16. bsdsolomon

bsdsolomon Empty Pockets

Sandals: Chaco ZX/2 - You can walk in these babies all day and your feet not get tired, on virtually any type of terrain. I did pull the toe strap through though, makes them easier/faster to put on. Can be resoled by Chaco.

Boots: Vasque Sundowner II - Hiked the AT in these many moons ago, still have 'em, still love 'em. They have been replaced by Sundowner GTX though, haven't tried/needed to try those yet.

Shoes: Keen Targhee II - Are Gore'Texed big time, love that when it rains. Super deep lugs for serious grip. While Keen doesn't specifically resole, most shoe repair shops can, which is something I look for in footwear.

17. speedmaster

speedmaster Loaded Pockets

I find myself wearing a $5 pair of Nike jogging shoes most often in the last year or so. I would also REALLY like a pair of Birkenstocks, but never get around to buying a pair. I'm worried that if I get them wet they'll be ruined.

18. bsdsolomon

bsdsolomon Empty Pockets

Birkenstocks are still ok once they get wet, but they get kind of slimy feeling in the footbed until they dry. Dry them out well and they are good as new. As long as the cork doesn't get damaged, they can be resoled too, so you may only need to buy a pair or two ever. I had a pair for about 15 years before moving on to Chaco.

19. Timbokhan

Timbokhan Loaded Pockets

I wear Doc Martens pretty much exclusively in terms of day to day wear. If I need workboots, I have a nice pair of redwings that are nice and broken in. I don't often wear sneakers, but when I do, I like Nike Air Force's.

20. Woz

Woz Empty Pockets

Fila Grunge! I love them, especially in winter.
    I also like my Jack Wolfskin Trecking Boots and Merell Water Shoes, but nothing beats my Grunge! O0