1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite shoes or boots

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MCSOK9, May 30, 2006.

1. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Well, I finally broke down and purchased a pair of Keen sandals today, the Venice model in mint.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/pdp_page.cfm?productID=22

Not my first color choice, mind you, but it was that or the spectre pink or powder blue. Anyway, my birkies are toast, and Jack the dachshund ate my other favorite summer shoes when he was teething, so after trying them on one day and thinking about the cost overnight (gulp--I got the birkies on sale), I went back and picked them up.

Love them. Nice high insole for my arch, not tight on my foot. No break-in time. Bonus: the leather is washable, so I can toss them in the front loader and be good to go. These are incredibly comfortable shoes, and the mint will go with most of my khaki and black and od-ish clothes with which I would be wearing them. Plus they look like they will be around for a while. I'm a happy camper.

2. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

I tried really hard to get a pair of the Keen NewPorts to work for me. I must have spent 45+min in REI. I just couldn't do it. The arch just hit me wrong on one foot no matter what size I tried so I gave up. I seriously wanted them to fit too.

-LT

3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Empty Pockets

4. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

Staff Member

Woo hoo! A shopping coup! Went into one of my favorite outfitters yesterday–the same place where the Opinel addiction started, and where I found a pair of Birkies at half price earlier this summer–and I found and bought these at 75% off. :D Yep, $20.00. I'm dancing around in my new Merrells. May just give the Danskos a little time off this fall and winter. Comfy!

I love a bargain. :)

5. kamkazmoto

kamkazmoto Empty Pockets

Too old and entrenched in suburbia to wear boots but my favorite shoes are these.  They are as light and comfortable as bedroom slippers and have a good wear life too.  My last pair are going on two years of almost constant wear and still as good as new.

shortened link :)
    scríbhneoir

6. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

Staff Member

And they are Airport Friendly, to boot! :laugh:

7. white_feather

white_feather Loaded Pockets

I have a pair of Dr Martens boots that are super comfortable. I have a pair of Rocky Shoes that are awesome. I have a pair of Skechers that are ok and I have a pair of Pro-Line boots that keep my feet warm as marriage......I mean hell.

8. universible

universible Empty Pockets

I love Montrails...have quite a few pairs...I have a real low profile foot, so they work great....nice and snug fit.

For work I usually wear a pair of Timberland oxfords (forgot the name) that don't seem to be available anymore.

When I can, I think I'll get a pair of slip on boots for work (probably Dr. Martins) and am looking at some Campers. Anyone own a pair of them?

9. jon1996

jon1996 Loaded Pockets

I wear a pair of Bates 8" Stingrays, they are side zip and non metallic, and I have not found anything that looks or feels better, I love them, so much in fact I bought a extra pair to keep in case they discontinue them, I got them at a good price, and I have got more compliments on them than anything else I have ever wore,

10. loveit

loveit Uber Prepared

With my heal spur problems, I am forever wearing Birkenstocks. In the summer I wear the Arizona or Milano sandal (sometimes I wear my Chaco sandals, like on the beach). During the rest of the year I wear Birkenstock London shoes. They are awesome, with replaceable soles just like the sandals.

11. knuckleduster

knuckleduster Empty Pockets

Dr. Martens and anything that will fit my huge, flat, wide :censored: feet. Good shoes are heaven, but hard to find.

Dave

12. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

DM's are great. I always have to find a pair that isn't so gothic looking.
    Also, New Balance comes in wide sizes.

13. knuckleduster

knuckleduster Empty Pockets

Funny you should say that about the NBs - I have 10 year old pair that are my "shop shoes". Can't wear them through a metal detector as they are full of steel dust!

I just got some new DMs - the are Oxfords and fine for work. My old boots are way worn but fit great. Thank goodness for Soe Stretch Spray!

14. Badgerboy

Badgerboy Empty Pockets

I just, this past Monday, sent my measurments off for a pair of Limmer Ultra-Light's. I had never heard of them but they came very highly recommended by the Appalacian Mountain Club, my wife, who was a member and an avid hiker (did the Grand Canyon) knew about them. http://www.limmerboot.com/Limmerswf.html

Cliff

15. Highvalleyranch

Highvalleyranch Loaded Pockets

I live in my Crocs most of the time, and wear Muck Boots when landscaping, walking in the rain, playing in the mud or horse pen.

16. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

Staff Member

I love my Muck Boots. Kinda wish I had bought the higher ones, but I have the low slip ons.

17. RovingArcher

RovingArcher Empty Pockets

My number 1 favorite footwear are my mocassins. But, because they don't do well in wet weather while hiking, my second favorites are a pair of Vasque Zephyr GTX hikers.

18. AndyTiedye

AndyTiedye Loaded Pockets

Birkenstocks. Because they're shaped like feet.

19. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

Staff Member

+ 1 on that.

20. Bobby D

Bobby D Empty Pockets

For outdoorsy stuff I wear my Brasher Superlights. They weigh little and are surprisingly tough.

Trying to pluck up the courage to wear my new Carl Dyer moccasins more. They are absolutely beautiful and wearing mocs is a revelation, though I do get some strange looks here in the UK.

Bob.