1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite shoes or boots

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MCSOK9, May 30, 2006.

1. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

cocoran's...wow, that brings back memories! :D (got out in '89)

2. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

I have a pair of Danner's lace-up hiking boots that I wear maybe once a week. However, I rotate through a pair of Lucchese 2000 African Elephant ropers that I have had for 10 years now along with a 20 year old pair of Tony Lama half-quill ostrich classic cowboy boots that fit like a fine pair of gloves. Lastly, I have a 20 year old pair of pre-ban African Elephant classic cowboy boots made by a small town Texas boot maker that is no longer around. The latter pair is the one I wear the most often. The elephant boots are tough as nails and I really don't have to worry about shining them up. In the closet I have a fancy pair of Lucchese goat skin boots that I never wear. I haven't owned tennis shoes or anything like that in over 25 years.

3. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

I also have a pair. They are bone colored round toe made by J. Chisholm. Some more off the top of my head:

Rattle Snake - Tony Lama
    Cobra - Tony Lama
    Lizzard Maroon - Dan Post
    Teju Lizzard Peanut Brittle -
    Hippo Black -
    Sting Ray Blue -
    Bison Brown - Dan Post

I will fill in more details after I have a chance to check them in storage. I have a narrow foot (11B) and bought most of them too small in attempts to have them not fit too loose in the toe box. Now as I've gotten older and arches have fallen a little I can not wear them. When I could wear them after a break-in period they would mold to my feet and actually become very comfortable.

4. Skidder

Skidder Loaded Pockets

I started wearing Lowa Elite Deserts as my duty boots a few months ago; replacing my then favorite boot ever, the Oakley SF. Even though I wore my Oakleys every day when I was flying, I never wore them off duty. Not so with my Lowa boots. They are exceptional military wear, and even good looking as a boot with khaki cargo pants, or jeans.

I got my first pair based on Cass's review of them on MilitaryMorons. Check his review out here... http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/footwear.html#elite

That was this past summer, now I have five pair. I really can't say enough good things about these boots. They aren't cheap, but one thing I learned many years ago is "take care of your dogs (feet) and they will take care of you." The Lowa boots are the best things I have ever put on my feet.

5. iamsalomon

iamsalomon Loaded Pockets

For everyday wear Doc Marten's, for hiking Salomon's.

6. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

I have a pair of Danner boots that I wouldn't trade anything for. They are a made in USA pair that I have had for quite a while. For everyday wear I have several pairs of Merrills that I ahve had very good luck with.

7. Relayer

Relayer Loaded Pockets

You know, for me, there is really something special about boots. I can get attached to my favorite pair of boots like no other article of clothing (or shoes).

I mentioned earlier about my old military boots. Before them it was a pair of Rocky Mountain (they were called then) boots that I picked up that were extremely comfortable and durable. I loved those boots. I wore them to do anything and everything for many many years until they were literally falling apart. And then, I still couldn't actually toss them in the trash... still have 'em :)

Am I the only sentimental fool when it comes to boots? :shrug:

8. Larwyn

Larwyn Loaded Pockets

Still wearing the same HyTest Footrest 6" Electrical Hazard work boots that I wore when I was working for a living. I have never found a more comfortable or longer wearing work boot.

9. excistandreflect

excistandreflect Empty Pockets

I have had great luck with Merrells. Specificaly the chameleons and now the pivots. They have been some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.

10. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

The Pivot looks alot like the Chameleon.
    So I ask do the Pivots feel like the Chameleon or what is different from one to the other?
    I do like the Chameleon.
    Thanks in advance.

11. excistandreflect

excistandreflect Empty Pockets

I tried the Pivots after trying out the newer Chameleon II. I was hoping the Chameleon II would be like or better than my Chameleons but they didn't fit the same. However the Pivots, I feel, are very similar in fit and comfort to the original Chameleon.

12. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

Tahnks for the feed back I have the originals and I thought the second generation just didn;t look like they would feel the same.
    Thanks again.

13. 115runr

115runr Empty Pockets

Check out my favs...Garmont Dragontail. I dig them for a lot of reasons: grippy, tough, good toe cap, holding up well. Downside for most would be how LOUD they are...IDGAS...I actually like the bowling shoe look.

14. smithy

smithy Loaded Pockets

Usually my Meindl Perfekt or Meindl Super Perfect are my favorit boots both really boots u cant ruin in a normal day enviroment and confortable as heck! But at the moment due too the achilles tendon rupture in my left leg its a acsics walking shoe with heel inlays:)

15. CasperEDC

CasperEDC Loaded Pockets

It's raining today... wearing my BOGS Urban Walker

16. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Currently and for the last ten years, Red Wing 6680 boots or equivalent older model. Wear them until the leather falls off and buy new pair. Saved me from broken toes quite a few times.

Own some Converse All-Stars but not used to wearing them. End up prancing around like a pony due to the weight difference vs work boots. :p

17. billybogota
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybogota Loaded Pockets

Work--Oakley lightweight LSA's
    Play--Merrell Chameleon 4 ventilated Goretex

18. mindphaser74

mindphaser74 Loaded Pockets

Depending on the weather, I wear 5.11 Taclite Boots (desert, 8") or Lowa Hiking Boots ... or just my assorted Vans Sneaker.

19. pmew

pmew Loaded Pockets

On duty Haix Airpower P10's.
    Off duty, all sorts.

20. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

Really like my lowas. 8 inch gtx and a 6 inch non gtx. Great boots.

PT I use merrells mesh aqua trail running shoes.
    Office, workshop, callouts I use salomans, lowas
    Dignitary work, black shined 6 in oakleys
    Otherside of the world travel, lowas, salomans, keens.

At home I'm barefoot

Last edited by nick nitro, Oct 25, 2012