1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite shoes or boots

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MCSOK9, May 30, 2006.

1. bozatron

bozatron Loaded Pockets

Belleville steel toe dessert boots (door kickers ;) ).

Been wearing them to work, I work in construction, for years now and I love 'em. Unfortunatley my current pair which I have had for about 4 years are giving up the ghost and whilst sourcing a new pair when I was living in the UK was pretty easy, finding anything even remotely tactical out here in Dubai is proving quite hard.

2. Nocam

Nocam Loaded Pockets

Just got some OTB Thor TC's from Greygrouptraining.com. O0 Great boots!

3. flipe8

flipe8 Loaded Pockets

My favourite all-round boots is a pair of Blundstones. Love the slip-on style and they seem to do everything pretty well short of heavy backpacking and running.

4. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

I have yet to try a pair and want some badly. When I was in auto sales there was a factory deal; Buy two get one free! I could not find two people willing to go-in on them. Cheap turds :(.

5. somber

somber Banned

Favorite Shoes: Hugo Boss Sneakers Quney II (I know, it's not a boot, but I live in the desert where I can get away with wearing quality products, and not worry about the environment killing them, sorry). [br][​IMG][br]

I have three other BOSS shoes and these are by far my most favorite/comfortable. They're slip on, which I don't really like, but I don't mind, either, I can take them off and put them on very quickly, and if I'm needing to leave quick, that's a great advantage. The soles are phenomenal, with a nice click when you walk down the side walk. No fatigue from being on them for hours, truly a great shoe. $149 at the BOSS store. They also have a white pair, from a previous collection, but they're easily stain-able (stained them with oil the first day, my fault) with suede/leather. Fantastic shoes, though! Especially with my new SmartWool Socks that I got yesterday! Anyone know if you can get SmartWool socks at a discount? I love the socks, but I think the six pair I have are enough til I can find a cheaper supply for them. I don't appreciate paying $13 for socks...

But usually if I'm not wearing the Quney II's I'll be sporting Puma Volvo Ocean (I have a Cannondale Team Volvo rally bike, I feel as though I can go faster wearing Team Volvo shoes as well), Tiger's, Diesel, or Adidas.

6. WoodMotorsports

WoodMotorsports Loaded Pockets

I just started wearing Merrels about a year ago, and now have three pair for different activities. They really don't require any break in at all, and last pretty good too.

Work boots are old school (Made in USA) Red Wings and I'm very happy with them, but after 4 years they are about shot.

I've also got a pair of Justin Ropers that are as comfy as tennis shoes and have lasted nearly ten years. I'll keep them even after they are worn past wearing...they've been through I lot, and will be retired, not burried.

7. alex fekete

alex fekete Loaded Pockets

Oh, wow. That's like asking me which of my kids I like better... I have Danner Acadia's that I was given as a gift (would never have spent that much for shoes myself) that I absolutely LOVE, but I also have a pair of vibram soled military issue thinsulate lined cold weather boots that I are so nice in the winter. Then there's my steel toe wolverines that are quite nice, as long as you don't need much traction. But surprisingly the most comfortable shoes I own are some generic hikers that I purchased at big 5 for $10 - the only writing I can find on them says Denali and they're even more comfortable than my new balance sneakers.

8. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

i have owned a pair of LIMMER LIGHTWEIGHTS for years and they just keep getting better, made in the USA .
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Rick-C

Rick-C Empty Pockets

10. Hero

Hero Empty Pockets

I love Merrill hiking shoes.

11. stevebrule

stevebrule Loaded Pockets

I have these same boots in tan and they are awesome. very comfortable right out of the bax.

12. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

I wear Merrell for every day shoes.
    They have stood the test with light hikes and all around bashings of rural life in PA.---------Chameleon Ventilator GORE-TEX XCR ------
    I will get another pair in the next month or so, they have served me well for 4 years and are about to give out.

For work I like my Crocs with the safety no slip soles. I know the giggles and yes they look silly but at the end of 12 hours of running after call bells my feet and knees don't feel bad at all.
    They clean up with a little bleach after haveing blood and other less than desirable body fluids on them. So they work for me.

Birks are my first choice for slip on around the house. The pair I have now are way broke in and I have had for 8 or 10 years never had them resoled and are past the point of repair so I will be replaceing them someday in the not to distant future as well.

For working boot I have a pair of carhartt 8 inch boots.....DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$ They fill the bill but that is about all I can offer for them.

Great Thread

13. Eclipse159

Eclipse159 Loaded Pockets

I got a pair of Wranglers a while ago, they are the most comfortable 'around town' boot I have ever had. they seem to be holding up better than the other boots I've owned as well

14. sgt.blade

sgt.blade Loaded Pockets

I've always been loves my Merrills shoes and Danner or RedWings boots.

15. m0t0rhead

m0t0rhead Empty Pockets

blundstone #500's (slip on ankle boots - wear like iron and more comfortable than anything)

Ariat Workhog #10005888

16. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

This winter I'm beating a pair of : Rothco - Men's Forced Entry Black Tactical Rain Boots ..
    Got them for $35.00 at a local clothes shop !?!?!

There real comfortable and they really are 'water proof' ..
    [the zipper will always leak in some way if you don't watch your step] .

Was just thinking about and old friend that showed me back in the 70's
    a trick for keeping yer feet warm if ya have to stand for a long time in the cold
    [we used to ice fish allot] :
    Believe it or not .. BREAD BAGS !?! .. You where them over your socks and somehow
    the plastic they are made with breathes a little and helps you keep your feet dry too ..
    I always carry 2 or 4 of them in my EDC bag during winter just in case ..
    any one in Law enforcement [traffic management] might want to take this tip with ya ,)

BE WELL .. GH

17. davie0146

davie0146 Empty Pockets

dont know where to start with boots!! bit of a fetish with me :idiot2:

daily wear is a pair of altberg peacekeeper P3's
    amongst others are Altberg Sneekers which are excellent lightweight boots, Lowa Mountain, Danner fort lewis, Matterhorns etc etc o name a few, but the faves are the Sneekers Top Notch Kit.

D

18. Turtle75

Turtle75 Loaded Pockets

I have always loved Birkenstock.

I got my first pair of Birkenstock SHOES, the LONDON.

19. Masteroffajitas

Masteroffajitas Empty Pockets

I love track or soccar shoes. They are light weight and usually have good traction. I hate boots outside of winter. They feel like weights on my feet, but are great in the winter. And I always have a pair of converse in the closet for style.

20. Relayer

Relayer Loaded Pockets

Well, last night I pulled out the two pair of military boots that I was wearing (last wore) 27 years ago when I separated.

One pair Genesco standard issue BDU boot, one pair Corcoran jump boots. I had forgotten how really good they felt. I think I'm going to just keep 'em out and wear 'em til they (or I) give up the ghost.