1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite shoes or boots

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MCSOK9, May 30, 2006.

1. fallow

fallow Loaded Pockets

I've got the arizona as well, when my feet get tired I wear these, can't fault them, I'm up to my third pair.

I'm a bit of a shoe junky too...

Running Hooves: Nike free 5.0, Mizuno wave rider 12
    Summer Hooves: Vibram FiveFingers x 2, Birkenstock Arizona, Havianas for the beach x 4
    Winter Hooves: Salomon trek6, Birkenstock Boston x 2, Sorel carribou (snow only)
    Casual trainer/sneaker hooves: Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 x 6, Puma Mostro,
    Dress Hooves: RM Williams Craftsman x 2 these are awesome! If you're ever in OZ, get a pair :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

2. Kabong30

Kabong30 Empty Pockets

These are for hiking and looking "tacticool" got them on Ebay for $50
    [​IMG]
    Just got these yesterday for kicking around and going to the gym. They're called a "trail" shoe, but they are very comfortable and were only 29.99 on DSW.com
    [​IMG]

3. Eclipse159

Eclipse159 Loaded Pockets

:roof: Rock on! i was never a fan of the "goth" boot look but thats just me!

4. Don H

Don H Empty Pockets

I love my Doc Martens, this pair is over 10 years old. they still look good are are as comfortable, if not more so, than day one.

[img width=640 height=480]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5695/docmartens.jpg[/img]

5. JaredEDC

JaredEDC Loaded Pockets

I went for an incredibly basic looking black boot. It took me a while, but I found my perfect boot for doing office work and going to job sites. I bought upgraded "superfeet" insoles to put inside.

Slip Guardian #5175 (Also available in steel toe)
    [​IMG]

6. Warfighter

Warfighter Empty Pockets

Garmont T6 in black. These boots felt like my favorite pair of athletic shoes right out of the box. I've worn them in the snow and the heat of summer, awesome boots.

Hijacked the picture from Hardcore Tactical!

[​IMG]

7. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Recently bought a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars Hi-tops (black monochrome, baby!), and put a set of insoles in 'em for better arch-support. I'm still breaking 'em in, but they're comfy and look great--and they're saving my poor Nike Free 5.0's some serious wear-and-tear! :p

I know that Chucks are made overseas now (along with just about everything), but the nostalgia bug bit me pretty hard when I saw 'em... :shrug:

8. Crux

Crux Loaded Pockets

My current favorite shoes are Nike Air Force 1s. For less casual occasions I favor Dockers oxford style shoes.

[​IMG]

9. matt1987

matt1987 Empty Pockets

everyday wear-redwing 4416....:censored: good boots.
    work-black adidas superstar

10. 2506sniper

2506sniper Loaded Pockets

Been wearing a pair of Merrell interceptors for 6 months now. Most comfortable shoes I've ever had but NOT recommended for slippery conditions.

11. Don H

Don H Empty Pockets

All-Stars are still so cool, bought a red pair (not Hi-Tops though) about a month ago, classic, I love them.

12. Dobe Man

Dobe Man Loaded Pockets

Those look very similar to my RedBack UBBK boots - also an Aussie company. I wear them in the auto shop - the best slip resistant sole on a boot.
    I also wear my Vasque Breeze GTX boots on the trail in warmer weather and nothing but my Teva sandals that I've had for 10+ years in the summer for anywhere else.
    I'm eyeing a pair of Asolo TPS 520 boots for winter hiking and backpacking right now - looking for a killer deal as new retail they run WAY high for my blood.

13. WARFIST

WARFIST Banned

any cheap steel toe wally world combat/swat boots do for me of course with the dr. scholls inserts!

14. Nomadtv

Nomadtv Empty Pockets

Been through 3 years worth of Radius by merrill. Love em. a must have in seattle (goretex)[​IMG]

15. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

Just thought I'd toss these into the mix; Superfeet

They are waaaay better than standard issue insoles. Even those in premium footwear. The are great for me because I have narrow (low volume) feet so their green one helps tighten up D width shoes and boots that are not available in a narrow. When you first start to use them it feels weird because it seems the arch support is too far back. In actuality they have been designed to give the best comfort and support and after soon adjusting other insoles feel off.

16. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

and didn't last long.
    I went and got a pair of merryl moab ventilators, and haven't looked back.
    might a new pair soon, I've put a hole in the right one. (not all the way through, and only a little one but)

17. JP

JP Loaded Pockets

Right now I am enjoying a pair of clarks originals in black leather. I rocked a couple of pairs of prospector boots for years and they were pretty awesome. They lasted for over 6 years and took tons of abuse everyday. To replace them I recently bought a pair of Irish Setter GunFlints, although I don't know if the quality will be matched. We will see how the next six years go :laugh:

http://www.irishsetterboots.com/irishsetter-shoe/818-irish-setter/818-irish-setter-mens-gunflint-brown

http://www.softmoc.com/ca/systemshow-item_I70165

18. tsacain

tsacain Loaded Pockets

I have a pair of Redhead explorer(? unsure of model) which are camo and brown leather. They are my hiking/long wear boots. Im breaking them in now and am really impressed.
    A pair of work boots from walmart that lasted less than a month but now give me some horrible blisters and look horrible(work insoles didnt help.). Will probably pick up a pair of CAT boots this weekend.
    I have redhead boat shoes that I usually wear all summer.
    Texas boot cowboy boots that I wear for dress. They are incredibly comfortable.
    Adidas running shoes that lately dont get used very often.
    Also a nice pair of Georgia boots that I wear for more casual.

19. alexcarp

alexcarp Empty Pockets

Im a huge shoe buff, so I switch between a lot.
    For work I usually wear merrell slip ons when the weather is nice out and once winter and the cold weather hits I break out my trusty wolverine boots that I have been using for the past 5 years and they still are great. (best boots I have ever owned). For casual wear lately I have been wearing some new balance sneakers that are super comfy and go with a lot of different clothes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. speedmaster

speedmaster Loaded Pockets