1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite shoes or boots

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MCSOK9, May 30, 2006.

1. Aaron SBT

Aaron SBT Empty Pockets

Nice Kicks everyone. I tend to heave problems wearing boots since a string of nasty reconstructive foot surgeries between '99 and 2000, so I've taken to wearing trail shoes with good arch support. I like New Balance, but my last couple pair have been Merrell. They make large sizes, which I have probs finding as I wear a 14/15 US. I think these are the Intercept, though I've currently been wearing a variation of the Moab model, which look virtually the same. These shoes go well from work to the out of doors, though for the muddy beach out back, I rock a worn old pair of Teva sandals.
    [​IMG]

2. devilchasnme

devilchasnme Guest

I've been wearing jungle boots since 1973 when I was first got them while on deployment to the Philippines. I came out of the Navy with a couple pair (Navy issue black and OD green) and they lasted till about 6 years ago when my last pair finally wore out. Now the only kind I can get are cheap chinese junk that don't last more than a couple years each. I've been buying the black and black ones. I'm not even sure if I can get the good military issue ones anymore. My local army/navy store has morphed into a boutique.

3. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Received a pair of Nike Free 5.0 running shoes a couple of days ago, a late Xmas gift from the old man. These are extremely comfortable, very light and flexible, and a welcome improvement over my beat-up old New Balances. It barely feels like I'm wearing shoes at all! :)

I plan to get at least one pair of the new-version 3.0s pretty soon; I hope Nike doesn't discontinue the Free line anytime soon!

4. 2506sniper

2506sniper Loaded Pockets

favorites:

1-Danner Ft. Lewis boots. Goretex lined: for everything
    2-Bates GTX 8": tactical sport shoes
    3-Altama Ripple sole jungle boots: summertime
    4-Nike Shox: around the house

5. INKGUY79

INKGUY79 Loaded Pockets

6. DiabloSc(+)pe

DiabloSc(+)pe Loaded Pockets

Caterpillar Steel Toe Boots - Casual Honey colored Cat Boots - 3 pr of Etnies Skate Sneakers -2 pr Vans Skake Skeakers Furry Bunny Slippers for Home !! O0

7. Aaron SBT

Aaron SBT Empty Pockets

Oh man! I love the Etnies Calicut, I have 2 pair! you gotta love the skate shoe that comes in large sizes! :cool:

8. DiabloSc(+)pe

DiabloSc(+)pe Loaded Pockets

Excatly what i have ! , Calicut all white w/black E , White w/ Camo E And kinda pinstripe Checkerd E , The Best Fitting shoe ! ;D sucks i cant find the all white any more Discontinued ! now they are making with all kinds of stupid designs !! :mad:

9. countryboycansurvive

countryboycansurvive Loaded Pockets

Whites Boots - Smokejumper
    Serious boots, handmade in Spokane WA. (just across the border from me), they fit like a glove and wear forever and Whites rebuilds them on site.

10. rhazkhal

rhazkhal Loaded Pockets

Got this one on sale... really comfy specially on long walks...

Oakley
    [​IMG]

11. claudefrancois

claudefrancois Loaded Pockets

12. durhamsurvivor

durhamsurvivor Empty Pockets

I do a lot of driving as well as off road walking around wind farms in the top part of the UK, so full size boots are kept only for the winter quarter. rest of the year I recently started using Magnum, Spider Elite 3.0 and 5.0 shoes/ ankle boots, very light weight, take a nice shine, very comfortable and great for driving in.

[​IMG]

13. scme

scme Loaded Pockets

For work, a pair of Redwings Works brand safety toe hiker boot. Comfy, lightweight and seem to withstand my work for a good amount of time. I've had 2 pairs, but I might look into a pair of actually Redwings next time. Have to love the company voucher for shoes. For sneakers, its New Balance 76x series, which right now is 768. I've had like 4 pairs of this series and all have been great shoes and seem to last a good amount of time, which is something to be said since I've been averaging about 260lbs the last several years.

14. tinyblob

tinyblob Loaded Pockets

I've always fancied a pair of Merrells, and plonked down a huge amount of money for a pair a couple of weeks ago. Turned out that they were entirely the wrong size, after a few minutes walking in them they started to tear my toes up. so i had to clean and return them for a refund.
    I then went on holiday to Berlin and the shoes i did take lasted about a day in the thick snow, so i ended up buying a superb pair made by Columbia (model: Pagora)
    [​IMG]
    It's tricky buying good shoes when you're a size 14 (US).

15. speedmaster

speedmaster Loaded Pockets

I recently bought two pair of Allen-Edmonds shoes for work that I'm happy with.

[img width=640 height=452]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/cmeisenzahl/clothing/AE_Strand_Brown_a-1.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=423]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/cmeisenzahl/clothing/AE_Dryden_Mocha_c.jpg[/img]

keeper likes this.
  16. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit Loaded Pockets

Tecnica Firefly Mid GTX boots - have had them for 8+ years and they are still going strong.

IMHO, Tecnica makes some of the best quality boots out there and I would recommend them to anyone.

17. nosuchagency

nosuchagency Loaded Pockets

[img width=640 height=480]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/bcnoda/ariat.jpg[/img]

18. FordGuy

FordGuy Empty Pockets

For me its Danner duty boots and Warrington pro for work, ariat, keen, merrell for off duty wear.

19. *Hawk*

*Hawk* Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

OTB Bushmaster

I got these from Grey Group Training.

Very light weight, and no need to break in. They breathe very well. I will be getting these in black next.

20. Turtle75

Turtle75 Loaded Pockets

XC-09 Cross Country & Trail Running Shoe

[img width=640 height=464]http://www.ukgear.com/products/800/325.jpg[/img]