1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite shoes or boots

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MCSOK9, May 30, 2006.

1. Nocam

Nocam Loaded Pockets

just recently got my Merrell Chameleon II Stretch hiking shoes. To me they're perfect for everything but the summer. Looks great with jeans and khakis. Plus they're the ones Bear Grylls wears on his show, so I know they can stand a beating.

2. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I have a new favorite shoes; it is a Born Berm shoe. It is sooooooo comfy for my feet. I recently bought another pair because I love the first pair so much.

3. arizona-hermit

arizona-hermit Empty Pockets

Most of you guys are what I call 'lucky' since you can buy gear (coats, shirts, pants, boots, belts, etc) almost anywhere you want.
    I, on the other hand, am not so fortunate. When I was young, I wore Redwings almost exclusively since they were durable, dependable, and comfortable. Since I wear size 16, width 6E shoes/boots, I am now quite limited in my selections. I have found what I consider the 'perfect' boot though.

My Boots are probably the most comfortable I have worn in over 50 years. I prefer them even over my most comfortable shoes.

4. jlfletcher83

jlfletcher83 Empty Pockets

Merrell world travelers they are great with jeans, and dressy enough to wear with khakis. Will also take some light trails.

5. metalfof

metalfof Empty Pockets

When wet-Danner,Zamberlan,Magnums,otherwise i rotate through Nike ACG,Merrels and Converse.

6. ohmygoat

ohmygoat Empty Pockets

Been pretty satisfied with Salomon light hikers at work for their comfort but after a couple pair with material or construction failures and relatively fast wearing soles (soft and light - fine for comfort, durability - not so much) decided to try something else. Picked up a pair of Danner 453 GTX's for half off (discontinued color) so we'll see how they work out. They're definitely beefy, perhaps a bit too much so, but they seem to fit well and have good support which will probably be a good thing since we're going to 10 hr. shifts (and I'll be on my feet for all of them).

Off work, been happily wearing a few different Keen styles. For "real" sandals, Chaco Z1's.

7. tndiver13

tndiver13 Loaded Pockets

I have a pair of Danner Tactical Elite that I have worn almost every day for over a year. These hurt like crazy for the first 3 weeks until they got broke in. :brickwall: Now they are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. :D Great boots if you can get through the break in period.

8. Svarotslav

Svarotslav Loaded Pockets

I wear R.M Williams boots, specificaly their workboots called "cloncurry". It's an oiled leather with gristle sole. They are tops.

9. dml

dml Empty Pockets

Boots all the way. I Lovem. I'm currently wearing my Danner Striker II GTX Side-Zip NMT All-Leather Uniform Boots---they are great for everyday wear and I lovem for hikin.
    I also have Danner Blackhawk IIs that I've been wearing for everyday use interchangeably with the Strikers. They are a tighter fit and I'm not sure how I feel about hikin in them just yet. The word is still out on them as they feel heavier and more solid.

My latest purchase has been a pair of Garamont T6s in Coyote Brown. They took awhile to break in but now they are super comfortable.

R.M. Williams boots are also great for casual/dress wear. I own several pairs of them as well...I wore out the soles on my first pair and loved them so much, I bought a pair for walkin and another pair in brown for the off ocassion when I might wear brown - I wear black 95% of the time.

10. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Keen Newports are about the most comfortable thing I've worn and good for 3 seasons if you wear socks. When I had to give in to the very cold and wet weather (do visit England some time!), I switched to Merrell Chameleons.

11. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

Fav. Boots. Wally World Hermans Survivors. Great for work or play. I get the high top boots for both. :cool:

12. Gene O

Gene O Empty Pockets

Danner Stryker GTX 8 inch for work

Wally World Mid hikers with Montrail insoles for home

13. Towanda

Towanda Loaded Pockets

I'll join the fussy feet column. Not only do I pronate and have plantar fasciitis, I also have big feet and often wear men's shoes because it's difficult to find women's shoes my size. I wear Chaco sandals from about May until about September. When it's not sandal season, I usually wear a pair of black Birkenstock Alpro G500's. I also have a pair of Naot Eigers which hold up my feet just as well as Birks. I recently acquired a pair of New Balance 965 Country Walkers on clearance, which I am wearing with orange Superfeet insoles. So far, so good. I also just bought a pair of REI Monarch IV (made by Merrell) hiking boots on clearance, which may be all right on their own, but I can always put in some Superfeet if need be.

Attention other Birkenstock wearers: if you have only one pair of Birks and must do without them when they are being resoled, try Superfeet insoles in another pair of shoes. They might let you walk around painlessly while you await the return of your beloved Birks. Also, this site often has excellent deals on Birkenstocks and other quality shoes in the Bargains link. (I have no personal affiliation with that company or anyone who works there.)

14. pathfinder3

pathfinder3 Loaded Pockets

These are what I'm wearing right now. Great boots!

My jungle boots were extremly comfortable for road marches and standing on your feet all day, especially when you have it resoled with a softsole and gutted.

15. geekygirl

geekygirl Banned

Hmm...Converse Chuck T's - I love 'em, have a few pairs in different colours...or my Merrell's womens hikers...best shoe for work and walking around in! (I was impressed with the amount of people out there who also love Merrells.. ;D )

16. MagicDot

MagicDot Loaded Pockets

Redwing 620s. I've only had 2 pair in my life because I just can't bust 'em. ..unlike the pair of Danner so many people like on here -- the *worst* pair of boots I ever owned. Before the Redwings, it was Chippewas. I just sno-way'd my newer pair of Redwings and they look brand new again. ..don't skimp on your footwear, it makes a *huge* difference on your back. Once you've owned a decent pair of boots, you'll scoff at the idea of wearing sneakers again. ..in fact.. ..I couldn't tell you the last pair of sneakers I owned. I even wore boots of some kind in high school.

17. Mr. kydex

Mr. kydex Loaded Pockets

I have been very pleased with my Merrell Moab Ventilators.

18. cmdio

cmdio Loaded Pockets

Well I do have a pair of Asolo tps 520 GVs for whenever I have some serious walking to do, or really need to know that my feet and ankles aren't going to get hurt (music festivals for example, don't want to roll an ankle and be laid up for three days and miss everything). Otherwise in the summer I pretty much wear some sort of flip-flop (Reef was the brand this summer), and once it starts getting colder I switch over to my Dr. Martens steel toed work boots that it seems they no longer make. When I'm working at the hospital I usually just wear my asics running shoes, and for bumming around the house in the winter I've got a pair of birkenstock clogs.

19. steve46nw2

steve46nw2 Loaded Pockets

Belleville 700's rock!Nike tallacs which are becoming hard to find these days,also I wear a pair of ecco savage mids black w/ sole insoles!

20. nealo

nealo Empty Pockets

the northface buildering shoe, cant seem to get them now, also like my rogue rangers