1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite shoes or boots

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MCSOK9, May 30, 2006.

1. MCSOK9

MCSOK9 Empty Pockets

I have worn boots for years (Danner mostly) but have been trying out a pair of Danner Agitator GTX shoes for about a month. They have been very comfortable and durable. Been wanting to try some Lowa boots.
    Just wondering what everyone else is putting on their feet?

2. geoffchan

geoffchan Loaded Pockets

I love my Danner Acadia's. They're pricey in Aussie Dollars but worth every cent. My Last pair was resoled and they feel different. Next time I'm going to send them back to Danner to be resoled.

I'm also wearing Danner Agitators, but fiind that the laces keep coming loose.

Geoff

3. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

For the past 15 years or so, I've been wearing 6 inch Work n' Sport Landscaper boots (style #9336) sold at Farm & Fleet, a midwest chain store. I have never paid more than $60 for a pair. They are made in Wisconsin by Weinbrenner USA and are similar to this Weinbrenner style:

http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?catid=12&subcatid=15&level3=70&productid=154

I stick with them because they are more comfortable than any other boots I've tried and are well made in USA. I walk a few miles 7 days/week, usually on pavement. The soft cushion insert and Vibram neoprene sole absorb impact. The neoprene is oil resistant, too.

A local shoe repair guy puts a new Vibram sole on them after I wear them down. The pair I have on now is on its 3rd sole. The only disadvantage I've found is that the sole isn't aggressive enough for good traction in snow, though they work great in the woods and in my field.

Attached Files:

4. Desertrat1

Desertrat1 Empty Pockets

I live in the desert and leather boots provide great protection but, also cause foot rot. I'll stick with simple hi-Teks. They breathe well and dry quickly. If I lived in Michigan I'd probably wear Sorels

5. VWTim

VWTim Empty Pockets

For boots I've got a pair of Danner Arcadia's, love 'em. Honstly since I ride a motorcycle my feet are wrapped in Oxtar Riding boots more than anything else. I also wear Nike Cross trainers, my latest are "trail trainer" types.

6. ousanas

ousanas Loaded Pockets

Boots, my favorites are my Red Wings 10" with 1" heel, steel shank, insulated. Those were courtesy of the cable company when I worked for them. Cost me about 100 bucks out of pocket for 250 pair of boots. Tough, comfy, and warm.

Shoes, for work I wear skechers just an old pair of all black shoes for work. Tennis shoes, usually nikes, but have had some skechers there too.

I also have several differnt pairs of steel toed boots from when I work at the Lowes Distribution Center here in town.

7. simbad

simbad Loaded Pockets

I wear these Timberland Pro "steel toe" for working for the last three years, very strong and waterproof boots.

[​IMG]

8. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

I'm a big guy, so wearing boots is like being on ice skates! :laugh: I guess I would have to say shoes...

GG

9. ohmygoat

ohmygoat Empty Pockets

A while back I picked up a pair of Salomon Expert Mid's for work wear since the previous experiences I had with their lightweight boots was quite good. Comfort, cushioning and light weight are definitely pluses since I'm on my feet all day. The soft outsoles were never exceptionally long wearing, but that's a trade-off I could deal with. That, and my work shoes tend to be exposed to a variety of not necessarily nice substances, such as stuff that comes out of the back end of large and small mammals, dilute bleach and disinfecting solutions, etc. so I'd just as soon toss them when the service life of the soles has ended. Anyway, I thought the Experts would make for good summer wear as they were breathable (no GoreTex), apparently of good quality, and they were on clearance (at Campmor as I recall) very cheap. Unfortunately, their life expectancy wasn't quite up to my expectations as the uppers "blew-out" after only a couple months of wear. At that point I decided - no more Salomons.

Well, a year later Sierra Trading Post had Salomon Canyon Mid GTX's in stock at a reasonable price ($60). These have leather where the Experts failed and they looked a bit beefier all around. The GoreTex lining would be nice to keep water and the previously mentioned "substances" somewhat at bay. Went ahead and ordered a pair, and have been totally satisfied with this model. Even got another pair to replace the first ones when they eventually wear out. No excessive/unusual wear issues, and they've got all of the qualities I was expecting. Even the outsoles seem to be wearing better than I expected.

Chaco Z1's are getting a lot of wear to and from work, casual and kayaking wear.

10. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

11. Desert-K9

Desert-K9 Empty Pockets

Anything from Danner, from shoes to full leather boots. Also Keen Sandles in the summer.

12. widgnwhacker

widgnwhacker Empty Pockets

My favorite lightweight duty boot if the Hi-Tec Midnight ;D

13. Jumpmaster

Jumpmaster Banned

Wolverine Durashock Compressor, #4247. Very comfy. :)

JM-99

14. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

When I was working night security, my most comfy and therefore favorite boots were the Thorogood T.A.S.A.R boots!! VERY Comfy!!

15. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

I have a lots of favourites.

I have a pair of Blundstone Canadian 'Eh!" boots. Only available in Canada, from an Aussie boot manufacturer.
    http://www.australianboot.com/xcart/catalog/Blundstone-Eh-Boot-494-p-16274.html

I also have a pair of Keen 'Bronx' shoes for kicking around the city.
    http://www.keenfootwear.com/pdp_page.cfm?productID=36

And for running around the yard, taking out the trash, or wearing to the beach - a pair of Crocs.
    http://shop.crocs.com/pc-15-4-beach.aspx?reqid=15&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

A bunch of others, including Chaco sandals, Salomon hikers, Nike cross-trainers, Dunham Oxfords,Airwalk sneakers and Graf hockey skates.

16. destroythealter

destroythealter Empty Pockets

Danner, and Altama are very good. Currently, however, I wear Bates' Gore-Tex boots, they're really comfortable, waterproof and pretty light.

17. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Merrel for hiking.
    Clarks for casual wear.
    Bostonian or Johnson & Murphy for office.

18. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

During the fall/winter, I live in my ropers or Dansko clogs. Super comfortable, terrific arch, wear like iron (I've had one pair over 8 years), and they've got several styles that are quite stylish. I keep the nicer ones out of the barn. My riding boots (paddock boots) are Danskos also; one pair zips and one pair pulls on--love them because there is absolutely no break-in time, and they have a neat inner liner that keeps the foot from getting sweaty. During summer, I love Birkies, and I also have these very comfortable sneakers from Simple Shoes called Simple Sneakers. The sole is the kickball material of my youth.

www.simpleshoes.com/

I'm still searching for the perfect dance shoe for contradancing, and I need a new hiking boots. Haven't found a pair comfy enough.

19. Dogsmeadow

Dogsmeadow Empty Pockets

Blundstones and Scarpa Eigers for me.

20. copykat

copykat Loaded Pockets

Everyday? Rockports! just lovem, probably always will

Offroad? gotta be lacross

hotlinked image removed
    :gl: