1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite Powerbank

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Ethos, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Scribble

Scribble Loaded Pockets

I would recommend any of the Anker products. I have never had a problem with them other than just plain used it up.

mbs4298, Journo, kikaida and 2 others like this.
  2. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

YankeeHotelFoxtrot Loaded Pockets

I agree with Scribble, wholeheartedly

Jdjernigan likes this.
  3. tbirdowner86

tbirdowner86 Loaded Pockets

I am an installer, so I use power tools. I was able to make an adapter to convert my Ryobi 18v batteries to charge my devices. youtube has a kid showing you how to do it. Make sure you get the right cigarette adapter for your devices. My adapter works great for my Samsung Galaxy devices, but shorted my brother's IPhone cord...

4. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Most tool manufacturers will sell you pre-built battery-usb adapters nowadays! No worries with shorting stuff out I'm actually considering to get one for my little bosch if only to protect the spare cell a bit from bouncing around and possibly hurting itself;
    [​IMG]

tbirdowner86, garza and hillosipuli like this.
  5. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

For a lipstick sized bank, I love the Thrunite C2. Not the highest capacity, but you can use it to charge your 18650's or if your phone is dead and your bank is dead you can robe the 18650 out of your flashlight to charge your phone.

Of course if you don't use 18650's for anything else, bit of a moot point...

Jay-uk, Lateck and Jdjernigan like this.
  6. Jdjernigan

Jdjernigan Loaded Pockets

I am a fan of Anker but have found myself buying more Ravpower product lately just because they are a bit cheaper. I tend to go through a couple power banks a year because I will give them away to friends and coworkers. It gives me the excuse to purchase the next larger size. This year I bought 14 at Thanksgiving to give to the folks that work for me and they love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HVACn00b likes this.
  7. Stepnoi

Stepnoi Empty Pockets

For edc I use Mi 5000 (usually in my pocket ), and Mi 10400 is always in my bag... pretty glad with both ...

8. Stepnoi

Stepnoi Empty Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG]

dml24 likes this.
  9. JD HHI 6092

JD HHI 6092 Loaded Pockets

I've been very happy with my Dark Enery Poseidon.

10. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I have the EC Technology, 22400mah Power Bank and I love it. It seems to charge my phones faster than a wall charge, and it can do three devices at once. Holds its levels really well too!

11. flphotog

flphotog Loaded Pockets

Anything from Anker or EasyAcc will work just fine. At the moment all of my larger ones are from EasyAcc and my smaller ones are from Anker. No particular reason that's just how it worked out and could change with time

dml24 likes this.
  12. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

My 10000 mAH Crave power bank.

Unbeatable in terms of ease of carry, it is the size and thickness of a modern cell phone and 10000 is enough for all my daily needs (recharges my phone ~ 3 times). Compact and light enough to carry in a back pocket or a cargo pocket. Quickcharge, pass-through, USB-C in/out, mini USB in, USB out. There's really nothing I dislike about it, fits my needs perfectly

Other than that, anything Anker.

13. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

I have no idea on the name but got it at the Apple store. Two charging ports with one being a rapid charger. Holds a charge for a long time. Perfect when I lose power in the house. I make sure it's charge as soon as I get storm warnings.

14. SOS24
    • +1 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Jackery or Anker. I like both and have a couple of different sizes. My favorite really depends on the use.

15. BigGreenTick

BigGreenTick Loaded Pockets

Xiaomi (the maker) power banks are fantastic. I have several & couldn't be happier. You will be hard pressed to find ones that are more efficient.

16. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Thrunite C2

17. JeffinCA

JeffinCA Empty Pockets

Agreed, Anker stuff is solid.

YankeeHotelFoxtrot likes this.
  18. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

I like Anker products for their quality, even if they are a bit more expensive. Anker has their own proprietary PowerIQ technology for fast charging, as well as some Quick Charge 3.0 battery banks as well, but kind of expensive. Since our phones are Samsung Galaxy S8+'s with Quick Charge 3.0 technology, I try to get a battery bank that is Quick Charge 3.0 certified. Quick Charge definitely makes a huge difference. Right now I have a Kamashi battery bank, but it's only rated for Quick Charge 2.0. I am however going to get a battery bank that is Quick Charge 3.0, so I can take advantage of the phone's Quick Charge 3.0 charging speed.

I'm also looking at this Poweradd 20100mah battery bank with Quick Charge 3.0 output AND input so that should make it faster to charge using Quick Charge 3.0 technology as well.

Last edited by kikaida, Aug 19, 2018
    #38 kikaida, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  19. BillSXT2002

BillSXT2002 Loaded Pockets

I have been using a pretty large Anker for a couple of years, and it has been working well. Even held up to winter hunting use without any trouble.

20. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I have used numerous power banks, but the one that I have found to be most convenient all around is this one from Pocket Juice.

It has a folding plug on the back, so no extra cords are needed to charge it. It also basically serves as a power adapter and power bank for travel.