1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite pens/pencil

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by mlau, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Harry999

Harry999 Loaded Pockets

Favorite rollerball & writing pen: Surefire 1 Pen with MontBlanc rollerball refill (fine)
    Favorite note taking pen: Fisher Telescoping Space Pen or Fisher Trekker
    Favorite mechanical pencil: Parker Jotter

2. marcalbar
    • In Omnia Paratus

marcalbar Loaded Pockets

I use a Montblanc rollerball for business meetings.

A Pilot G2 on a regular day.

And a Fisher Price space pen in my organizer.

3. 6_String_Jams
    • In Omnia Paratus

6_String_Jams Loaded Pockets

I use parker jotters with the parker gel inserts on a daily basis. I prefer them over my G2's. I have a modified F701 with a space pen refill in it, but i'm not a fan of the way those write....

4. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Loaded Pockets

My exact pens as well sir. Good choices!

5. Froley

Froley Loaded Pockets

The moleskine square roller ball pen...the clip is even designed to work on the cover of the standard moleskine and it is an excellent writing pen.....

6. bamboozler

bamboozler Empty Pockets

I have gone through phases with pens. For a while I was all about "fountain pens". I carried the Sheaffer Legacy as my daily pen but also had some vintage and modern high-end collectibles that I would work in. Then, I switched to roller ball and ball points and went with "high end" pens such as pens from the MontBlanc Writer's Series. More recently, I have enjoyed "hefty" tool / "tacticool" pens. I am currently rotating between a Surefire-4 and the Countycomm Embassy Pen II in stainless steel. I put a high quality spring in the Surefire and i absolutely love the crisp and firm click of its mechanism and the weight and feel of it in my hand.

7. danbo27

danbo27 Loaded Pockets

Uni-ball Vision Pen.. just zips through my diary notes.
    Pentel Jolt Pencil .05
    Sharpie Stylo Pen slows me down..

Zebra F 301 Ultra is handy.
    I don't care for my Zebra F 701..but it is hansome.. ;^)

Pentel Vicuna Pen is super-comfy/light-weight/disposable/retractable yet, writes like a pencil..in a good way.

My Cross Pen feels like a baseball bat compared to the cheapies! Lol..

This website really ROX for good honest input! Kudos!!

8. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

After having used a bunch of pens, I have gone back to the Parker Jotter as my primary EDC pen. I still like and use Pilot G2's but a Parker Jotter is with me all day. I have one with a space pen refill too.

9. Lev

Lev Loaded Pockets

F701 for work.Smooth as silk, and cheap enough not to worry about losing/damaging it.

Benchmade 1100-2 for going out. It's a Benchmade, for me that says it all ; )*

*This may change when the Hinderer arrives!

10. Atomic

Atomic Loaded Pockets

I too modified my F-701 with a Fisher Space Pen refill but I don't like the ink or the size. I prefer sharper lines. It feels cheaper to me... Anyway I posted a little about it here.

11. Doric

Doric Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Surefire EWP-01 w/ modified power tank insert
    -Uni Kuru Toga Roulette

12. tactician

tactician Loaded Pockets

I also like the county comm pens. The titanium was my edc until I received my Hinderer ss investigator from js burlys today. I think the hinderer may win out as my most likely edc pen. My first impressions are that it is a very well made pen and very functional. Its nice and compact and disappears in my front left jean pocket yet still feels substantial in the hand. Of course I switched the ink with a fine point blue. I see I'm not the only one that bought one as they are out of stock again...
    I was afraid of this but I may have to get the ti version as well :) $200 bucks though is pretty steep. I think they should sell for no more than $100, but I guess it is a custom pen by a renowned custom knife maker..... I feel the stainless version is well worth the money

13. OpusX

OpusX Loaded Pockets

My edc pen is the Schrade Fountain Pen. It is the only fountain pen I've found (especially for the money) that is heavy duty enough to be a pocket carry pen. I just clip it into my pocket just like a knife and carry it around. The only problems I've had is where I've not screwed the cap back on tight enough and then the pen opened and dropped into my pocket. Lets just say an entire ink well is easily absorbed by denim :(

14. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Pardon me if I ramble:

I don't EDC a Pencil. But I make all kinds of notes here at home with one. The one I use most often is a Papermate Clipster Grip .5mm
    Also have a semi fancy Papermate 5mm, a REALLY cheap Papermate 5mm and a fairly nice Pentel PG307 .7mm.

For quite some time I was fond of mixing up color of the outside of the pen, but finding REALLY good writing ball point refills.
    Some of the pens were Pilot G2 and Zebra Z-grip. Tried Staples brand, Office Depot brand and other refills.
    I tend to not like GEL ink. It smears too easily for the most part. Ditto Space pen refills. I've never had one I liked.
    I'm rather fond of the Zebra F402 and F701. But something leaked in my 701 and it's non working and one of the 402 won't write anymore.

I'm a clicky pen guy. Pull cap need not apply for EDC.

Recently I got hold of Pilot Precise V5 RT. It is entirely plastic, but the clip works reasonably well. I really like the way it writes!
    I carry in a shirt pocket so the plastic doesn't bother me much.

Just saw the Zebra 301 Fountain pen online. I have an unknown Fountain here. It would appear to use a refill in the neighborhood of 3.5" long. It has a metal body with green swirl outside and shiny brass ends and thread in the body. Gold color clip with Taiwan imprinted. The nib is Iridium Point Germany and the whole nib part of the pen is plastic. The cap snaps on with authority, and isn't going to fall off. I shall probably try to find ink for it. But I think I'll grab a Zebra 301 as well.

Any thoughts on the refill for the Fountain I have? As to perhaps what brand etc?

OH! Uni Power Tank! I wish I had bought all I could find! I have 2 clicky models and one cap model.
    They write VERY VERY well! My two clickys are getting near empty....

Are there any more to be found???

15. Doric

Doric Loaded Pockets

Yes, the power tanks are my favorite insert.
    More power tank models can be found here.

16. JN

JN Loaded Pockets

> Recently I got hold of Pilot Precise V5 RT. It is entirely plastic, but the clip works reasonably well. I really like the way it writes!

You didn't mentioned what colour of Pilot V5 RT you use. If it's blue, then you might want to try the capped version of "Pilot Precise V5". It's a lovely, brightest blue ink I have ever come across. The RT version (retractable) is dull in comparison.

> I have an unknown Fountain here. ... I shall probably try to find ink for it. Any thoughts on the refill for the Fountain I have?

Now the main reason I post is that you are also asking for a particular fountain ink refill and I happened to hear of people who love that bright blue Pilot Precise V5 ink so much that they took the trouble to use a syringe to transfer the V5 ink out to use in their fountain pens. The sealed Precise V5 pen will be ruined in the process but then you don't care for the capped version anyway ;) Just a thought.

17. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I am a black ink sort of guy. I looked at and thought Parker refills would fit. But the front of the cartridge wouldn't go down into where the probe? is. So I got small Cross refills. I had to make a spacer to keep the refill down on the probe?

It doesn't write anywhere near as nice as a roller ball, but it does put down enough ink without bleeding through (at least using 24# paper).

Couldn't afford a 3 pack of disposable Fountain pens, and couldn't find Jetstream refills (some of my favorite ball point pen refills)

18. Condition1

Condition1 Loaded Pockets

lately, i have been EDCing uniball signo 207 micros (.5mm). they do not have much sex appeal, but they are decent gel pens.

19. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I'd just read a review of that on FPN and am tempted to add that to my collection as well. :)

20. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

Any of my Fishers. I think the AG7's my fave.

For my next pen purchase, I would like to get a TuffWriter Shorty.