1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite pens/pencil

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by mlau, Sep 10, 2009.

1. takenaway

takenaway Loaded Pockets

I'm really liking the Pilot Precise V5's

2. LukeA

LukeA Loaded Pockets

That is a pretty smooth-writing pen.

3. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

When I go out I always put a stainless steel Parker T-ball Jotter in my shirt pocket. It's durable and I like the way it writes.

4. _STL_15_

_STL_15_ Loaded Pockets

Just got my Zebra V-301 Fountain Pen the other day. I am loving it so far.

5. calebklyne

calebklyne Loaded Pockets

I used to carry my fisher military or bullet all the time but i just picked up a zebra f-301 today and i like how it writes much better

6. eahm

eahm Loaded Pockets

7. enine

enine Loaded Pockets

I really like the way they write but the barrel keeps cracking where they are screwed together. The original roller has the same writing tip but isn't available in as many colors so I go back to the roller for every day use and the elite when I want more color choice.

8. eahm

eahm Loaded Pockets

You're abrolutely right, I hate those cracks. Still the best pen though, they'll find a solution or come out with a new model.

9. enine

enine Loaded Pockets

I think the vision (non elite) have the same tip and several colors.
    http://www.uniball-na.com/main.taf?p=2,3,2
    I'm going to try a set of those.

10. eahm

eahm Loaded Pockets

They are very good, they seems to use an older system for the ink to flow, not really sure about it but they dry if you don't use them faster than the Elite.
    The Elite are still the best, don't really care about the cracks. I'll keep using them until they release something new.
    You should try the Uni-ball Power Tank if you don't like smudges, they are very good quality ballpoint pens.

11. mightywombat

mightywombat Loaded Pockets

My favorite pen is the Parker Jotter. I carry a stainless steel version every day, along with a regular Sharpie marker.

My favorite pencil is the Pentel Sharp series of mechanical drafting pencils, usually in .07mm, though I have a .05mm for non-repro blue lead I use for drawing. I haven't tried the .09mm yet, but I'm interested to.

I like fountain pens as well, but I have never had a job where carrying one for every day use was practical, so I haven't collected many.

12. enine

enine Loaded Pockets

Look limited on color choice though.
    When I was in college the bookstore sold the original in multiple colors, they must have special order them or they discontinued them, but I was able to get a set of varying colors, was nice for technical diagrams. I write with black what the instructor wrote on the board, then blue what he says, then red page number references in the book then green my notes and comments. Then when we did circuits or formulas or graphs I would use those and the other colors. I had to carry loaner pens for people that wanted to borrow one otherwise it would mess up my system.
    I've been trying to revive some of that attention to detail that I lost after college to make some changes at work.
    I actually have pencils that match the original roller ball, I think uniball was owned by another company when they sold them.
    I wonder if another body would fit on the elite.

13. xxForceTenxx

xxForceTenxx Loaded Pockets

Favorite pen and pencil, and my work EDC: Parker Jotter Stainless Steel (mine have the gold caps and clips though). .5mm lead

[​IMG]

I also have this set which I don't use currently. But am holding onto as it was a gift from my late Grandmother:

Cross Classic Century Collection .7mm lead

I do carry a regular Parker jotter in my workbag (Timbuk2 messenger) for in case I forget my writing utensils, or wear a shirt that doesn't have a breast pocket. If it's my day off and I carry a pen, it's a Parker Vector.

I'm a believer in refillable pens as it cuts down on clutter, waste, etc. yet, my wife continues to purchase disposable pens for at home. :(

14. ghorn11

ghorn11 Loaded Pockets

I just grabbed the G2 limited and put a Mont Blanc black refill in it. You have to trim a very small amount from the end of the MB to make it fit, though. WWAAAYYYY smoother and smears less than the G2 ink!!

15. gflack

gflack Loaded Pockets

Right now I don't have a nice pen for EDC. I am hoping to get one soon. For now I am in love with Uniball Signo 207. They have a Premier version I may look into.

16. Perfessr

Perfessr Empty Pockets

I use a Sterling Silver Cross century set every day, blue med point ink and .7 size lead.
    I also have a 10k gold filled set and a black set.
    I also have a Parker SS jotter set.
    I use daily a couple of Koh-i-noor 2mm pencils and have used them since the mid 70's.
    I also have a couple of Fisher Space pens, a clicker and a bullet.

17. xxkid123

xxkid123 Loaded Pockets

favorite pen is pilot g2 with waterman rollerball ink refills. the regular g2 ink is okay, but the waterman ink just brings the pen to a whole new level. i don't have the money or the need for a fancier pen so i'm okay with it. i've tried Mont Blanc rollerball ink refills, but i'm having a little bit of trouble with ink flow.

18. Xavierdoc

Xavierdoc Empty Pockets

I like fisher space pen-based pens as I often find myself writing leaned on a wall. I've got such a refill in a Surefire pen which I use daily. It's a good pen- v solid and adjustable to allow use of a variety of refills. Good heft and quality.

19. ammoriso

ammoriso Loaded Pockets

The special ones in my life

Favorite Pencil: Pentel Techniclick .5mm
    http://www.pentel.com/store/techniclick-mechanical-pencil

There are other better looking pencils out there, but the ergos of this fit me perfectly, which was important for all those hours of engineering homework.

Favorite Ballpoint: Caran d'Ache 849. Stylish, very EDC friendly, good ink flow.

Favorite Rollerball: Pilot V5 Precise. Been around for a long time. Smooth and crisp ink delivery.

20. gilliu

gilliu Loaded Pockets

favorite pen: Pelikan Northern lights
    favorite pencil: Uniball KuruToga