1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite pens/pencil

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by mlau, Sep 10, 2009.

1. shigeru

shigeru Loaded Pockets

I received my F-701s several days ago. Thanks for the tip guys, it is a great pen!

2. MontaukTrl

MontaukTrl Loaded Pockets

My current pen is a gimme that was given to me by a sales rep (not a drug rep). Ordinarily these are El Cheapos given to us along with a slack of note pads, but in this case this one is rather nice, and takes Parker style refills. I currently have a Blue Parker Gel refill in it. I've had this thing for going on 2-1/2 years and have managed to keep it from walking off. If it weren't for this pen I'd likely have a Lamy Swift. As for a pencila good old No 2 is fine with me.

3. MilsimJunkie

MilsimJunkie Banned

Pen: Zebra G301 (yes im Gel'in)
    Pencil: [N/A]

4. spinacle

spinacle Loaded Pockets

My current pen is a Stainless Embassy Pen

5. jonpwn

jonpwn Loaded Pockets

Parker Jotter has been my favorite for a few years now

6. yokomode

yokomode Empty Pockets

i am a BIG fan of mechanical pencils/lead holders for leads 3.0mm or larger.
    i particularly like the W├Ârther aluminium Shorty.
    Many more awesome designs can be seen here: http://www.leadholder.com/index-lh-non.html

7. cutter17

cutter17 Empty Pockets

I've used a lot of different pens, as I use one daily. The one's I have been carrying for the past couple of years have been the Pilot G2 Limited. This pen has a metal barrel that gives it a nice hefty feel. Just as I like my knives to have a hefty feel, so do I want my pens to have a hefty feel. These have been great pens, and they even grow legs and walk off if you are not careful!

[​IMG][/IMG]

8. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

CountyComm Ti Embassy pen

9. mereditp

mereditp Loaded Pockets

ROTRING MINI ESPRIT EXPANDABLE PEN from David Allen gtd company. Fit's neatly in their notetaker wallet so it's always on me.

10. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

I would have to say the Zebra 701, as you can see i changed out the colors and also one into a pencil.. JR
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. xyz

xyz Loaded Pockets

A fisher M4B. It is black coated brass and comes with a black, medium point SPR4 cartridge. The coating is durable with no bare spots except around the tip where the cartridge ejects, even after months of use. The internal threads are plastic and the cap with integrated clip has a tendency to come off unless it is screwed on very tight. As for writing quality, I haven't encountered any problems yet. I wipe the tip off before use if it hasn't been used in a while to make sure it doesn't blot. My favorite aspect of it is that it is less than ten bucks and won't break my heart or the bank if it is lost.

12. Simsmac0o

Simsmac0o Loaded Pockets

Any chance you'd share how you modded those? I'd love to use my 701 as a pencil. :)

13. thegadgetnut

thegadgetnut Loaded Pockets

14. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

These are the pic's that i have from doing it, like 3 years ago. hope it helps,, JR
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. rukrem

rukrem Loaded Pockets

16. Mcameron

Mcameron Loaded Pockets

my only gripe with the 701 is the threads....

they are such fine threads, and the plastic is so soft.....that i actually stripped out the threads in a few days.

17. Russ Prechtl

Russ Prechtl EDC Junkie!!!!!

My current favorites are:

Rotring Tikky 3-in-1 Pen/Pencil
    Surefire EWP-02 Ball Pen
    Mont Blanc Classique Ball Pen
    Cross Fountain Pen
    Parker White and Black Marbled Fountain Pen
    Waterford Ball Pen

18. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

I have a Cross pen I have had now for going on 20 years. I love to read, but, I hate to write. The Cross pen makes the whole writing thing a little better.

19. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

My current EDC and favorite is Tao Pen, next purchase will be Bullet Space Pen!

20. FeebleOldMan

FeebleOldMan Loaded Pockets

Favorite Pen: Lamy Al-Star Graphite / Lamy Safari Charcoal - Al-Star for the beautiful aluminium body; Safari for the rugged design. Ever since I moved on to fountain pens, I haven't looked back.

Runner-Up Pen: Pilot G2 Limited - G2 deluxe edition with a metal body, but with the same beloved G2 refill. I've been neglecting mine since I got the Lamys...

Most Rugged Pen: Inka Titanium / Stainless Steel - The stainless steel version goes with me on my keychain, on hikes, camps etc. Wish I had the Ti version even though the weight savings are minimal; I just love the element. :lol

Most EDCable Pen: Fisher Bullet Space Pen - Writes anywhere; most reliable. Stays in my wallet. Love this pen.

Most Versatile Pen: Fisher Q4 Multi-Function Pen - Fisher reliability, multiple uses in one body. I got black, red, 0.7mm pencil and stylus in mine. You can always swap the colors with the refills. This is my work backup, after the Lamys.

Favorite Paper: Leuchtturm Pocket Notebook with Dots - Slightly larger than the standard Moleskine, and with better quality paper (in my opinion) especially for fountain pens, and features such as label stickers for the spine and cover, as well as an index page! Dots marry the best properties of plain, squared and lined paper.