1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite pens/pencil

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by mlau, Sep 10, 2009.

1. bobbyc

bobbyc Loaded Pockets

Black ink Pilot Hi-tech-C 0.3mm from JetPens.

2. M-14

M-14 Loaded Pockets

3. jacknife

jacknife Loaded Pockets

I mostly just carry a pencil stub and an old folded envelope to write short notes on, gets rid of some of the postal waste coming through my door each day. The pencils I like are Staedtler Tradition 6B or sometimes a 4B. I cut them in half, the thick lead makes the writing easy for my old eyes to read, and the tip won't easily break. If I'm writing a lot the 6B wears down too fast so I swap to a Staedtler Noris 2B for anything other than short notes.

4. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Wood Pencils Fan. Ticonderoga Black.

5. Mitchell

Mitchell Loaded Pockets

Pelikan model 120. Best writing pen I've ever used and the nib rocks!

6. enine

enine Loaded Pockets

I've been using the uniball roller since college http://www.uniball-na.com/main.taf?p=2,3,7
    I started out in college trying many different pens from many different stores and liked these the best. They used to be listed as .2 and .3mm but were changed to .5 and .7 to match industry standards, same size just measured differently. I bought three boxes in college, one red, one blue and one black and then three more in 2003 and just found a 4 color assortment at Staples the other day so they seem to last forever. I've had some in the past that said just uniball, some said pentel uniball and now they say sanford uniball, I'm assuming they were bought and sold to different companies over the years. I've tried other brands and styles and keep coming back to these.
    I found a place one time that must have bought them through their promotional department and had a half dozen highlighter colors so I have neon yellow, blue, pink, etc

7. enine

enine Loaded Pockets

8. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

The BM 1100 Tac pen still holds the general EDC title, but the Uni-Ball Vision Exact Micro is a smooth writer... :sigh: Uni-Ball is a little more free flowing then I like though.

9. enine

enine Loaded Pockets

Try the old uniball roller (that I posted above), I've tried the newer ones and still like the older design better. The tip is slightly different.

10. Waterborne

Waterborne Loaded Pockets

Favorite Pencil: Lamy 2000 5mm. Feels perfect in my hand, like it should have always been there.
    Favorite Pens: Lamy Studio stainless fountain with extra fine nib. Once again feels perfect in the hand. I am not big on the reusable cartridge that it comes with but am looking into it again now. Next favorite pen is Lamy 2000 four way pen. I replaced one of the BP tips with a stylus adapter so I could use it with my old Windows phone.

11. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Roller Ball
    Rotring Initial Roller Ball
    Pelikan Pharo

Ball Point
    Rotring Initial Ball Point

Fountain Pen:
    Pelikan Level 5 Silver

Pencil:
    Faber Castell TK-Matic 0.5mm (Full auto from initial feed to end of lead). Full stainless body and metal mechanics. Awesome bi-pattern knurling at the grip. Picked it up... correction, I hunted it down about 20+ years ago. Barring catastrophic failure, I expect they will be able to bury me with it. I like things that last. The Porsche tagline "Accept no substitutes" applies.... I only wish I had stockpiled some.

ATB,
    Sam

12. herbicide

herbicide Loaded Pockets

Pen - Platinum Preppy -- I'm probably an oddity - a lefty who likes fountain pens. This was the first inexpensive one I found with a fine (actually, extra fine) nib. The ink doesn't bleed and dries nigh-instantaneously, and the pen has a ring/fin ink flow regulator whatsit to stop it running dry.

Pencil - Pentel P207 -- The first one I found in something other than 0.5mm (I'm a bit heavy-handed). Used it for note-taking in college - I write with a little more legibility with a pencil, and didn't want to go back to the mess and faff of sharpening a wood-cased one.

13. jugoretz

jugoretz Loaded Pockets

I'm a big fan of the Parker Sonnet rollerball in matte black. It's got a nice weight so it's comfortable for writing and it's attractive without being flashy.

[​IMG]

14. xxForceTenxx

xxForceTenxx Loaded Pockets

I recently switched from a Parker "jotter" pen and Scripto pencil to a Parker stainless steel pen/pencil set which was a gift a few years back from a former boss of mine.

Something similar to this, only the clip and button on each are gold:

I do have a similar set made from Cross that my Grandmother gave me. But, I can't bring myself to use them as I don't want to ruin them.

15. vic06

vic06 Empty Pockets

My favorite pen is a Lamy 4pen with blue and red pens, pencil and stylus.

I also carry a Fisher Space Pen Bullet in the backpack and other Lamy around home.

16. Black Rose

Black Rose Loaded Pockets

I've been a fan of Zebra pens and pencils for many years.

Up until recently my favorite pen was the F-402 and favorite mechanical pencil was the M-402.

A few weeks ago I discovered the F-701 pen and now have some M-701 mechanical pencil samples - these are my current favorites.

Next month, who knows?

17. TheRifleman

TheRifleman Loaded Pockets

Pilot Mini G2. Small enough to clip in the shallow breast pocket of polo type shirts, and the ink lasts a long time. However I've just recently ordered a Fisher Space Pen and up it works out.

18. bobbyc

bobbyc Loaded Pockets

I carry a lot of pens and pencils as every day presents different writing challenges. But my "go to" writing devices are:

1. Pilot Hi-Tec C 0.3mm (black ink) - this is the pen that's slipped in to the front of my Sitka.

2. Montblanc Meisterstuck Maroon Ballpoint Pen (black ink) - I got this pen back in the late 80s when I was a sales rep at Parke Davis. The sales managers wanted to give the reps a "deal pen", and I've always seen this pen as the one I use when I need to be serious about whatever it is I'm writing. The resin barrel has broken three times; back in the day Moneblanc would repair pens for free, these days they want cash.

3. Rotring 600 Series Silver 0.7 MM Mechanical Pencil - I've used nasty disposable mechanical pencils and nice ones, but I always come back to the Volvo of pencils. I've driven over this baby with my car - on purpose - just to see what would happen. Nothing happened. If anything, it laughed at me.

19. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

im in love with the F-701 right now.

[​IMG]

20. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

I've been using this Sailor Recruit mini fountain pen a lot with my DayTimer, and for my journaling:

http://www.jetpens.com/product_info.php/products_id/4547

Compact enough to fit in most any planner's loop. Not too expensive, either.

For out on the street I take a stainless Parker classic T-Ball Jotter ballpoint that I've used in one form or another since the 1960s.

I still like the style and the way they write.

P.S. Still also like the new Machpen II 0.4 liquid fine line pen from Jetpens. Korean made, not expensive, writes welll and very
    small ifyou want, and comes in different colors. Seems to last forever.

Put a Zebra compact on my keychain next to my Picopen. Have to get a McGizmo clip or something similar to remove it
    completely from the chain to write, though. I seem to forget my shirt pocket pens lately when I leave the house, and
    the Picopen is great but not for extended writing.

Also for my shirt pocket: County Comm Embassy black pen.