1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite pants?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by xkalifornian, Apr 28, 2010.

1. xkalifornian

xkalifornian Empty Pockets

I have a pair of 5-11's and a pair of Woolrich discreet. With my body, the 5-11's fit a little strangely, whereas the Woolrich pants seem to be a better fit. The waist sizing appears to be the opposite with both. The 5-11's are a bit larger while the Woolrich seem to run smaller.
    Which pants are the best of all worlds for you (not limited to these two makes)?

2. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i'm living in 5-11's covert pant and VERT-X cargos.

3. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

I like Union Bay cargo's a lot.

4. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

my jeans are carhartts carpenter style ,, for me they fit perfect ,,,better than dress pants even ,,, they wash great and hold up for years, and great for edc use too.

but when i am not wearing jeans nothing beats the vertx.. you can forget that you are even wearing pants ,,now thats comfort.. the design vertx has should win a award... the cargo pockets are all but invisable ...side pockets are big and easy to get your hand in.. the hidden zipper pocket,,, what a bonus

you need to buy a size bigger than you wear ,, and it they came in more colors like gray and brown would be nice

so carhartts and vertx make me happy

5. xkalifornian

xkalifornian Empty Pockets

I'll have to check out the Vertx pants. Regular Carhartt jeans don't fit me right.

6. Watchncons

Watchncons Empty Pockets

5.11 Taclite TDU Poly - Cotton Ripstop.

Comfortable fit, plenty of pockets, lighter than just regular cotton. Can get them in various colors. I like them for every day as well as work!

7. LawDog

LawDog Empty Pockets

REI Adventures pants have become my self-selected quasi-uniform. They have very discreet cargo pockets, with the zippers hidden along the seam. They are crisp and classy enough that I can put on a sportcoat and wear these to court. (The Carharts don't pass that test.) And they are 100% nylon, so they don't soak up moisture. That makes them more comfortable in both the heat and the cold. The trade-off is that they are not as durable as cotton. Mobility is good and the pockets all have good retention.

http://www.rei.com/product/784060

8. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

5.11's older sibling Royal Robbins... pretty much anything they make is good.

9. turan tactical

turan tactical Loaded Pockets

I have pairs of 5.11 black and coyote taclite pants. Love them cuz carrying a lot becomes a torture without pockets.

[​IMG]

10. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I love my Eotac pants, both the Discreet and Tactical
    the Discreet models is perfect for work, the hidden leg pockets hold a spare camera battery perfectly and the other pockets have plenty of room for all the other junk i carry around every day (wallet, car keys, novatac, work phone, polarising filter, flash tranmitter, flash batterys, flash power pack, 1.4x Teleconverter) and conceals it all pretty well too.

11. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I wear Levi's jeans a lot, but for EDC I prefer 5;11 taclites. I also like the all-nylon and canvas 5.11's. LA Police gear has had some great deals on these over the past year or two.

12. larrymz3

larrymz3 Loaded Pockets

5.11's or the LA Police Gear "Operator" pants....a lot of bang for the buck.

13. Fusilier

Fusilier Loaded Pockets

I'm partial to the 5.11 Covert Khakis. They fit me fine, and the zipper pockets give me a little (just enough) extra room to carry and secure my EDC goodies. I especially like the discrete zippers and the extra inside the front pocket pockets.

14. knivesandguns

knivesandguns Empty Pockets

How do the LAPG Operators compare with the taclites from 5.11?

15. expeditionary

expeditionary Loaded Pockets

I have been running Tru-Spec 24-7 cargos, and they are awesome. They are definitely more built than my LAPG pants. I use them for work and weekends. Really are built to wear.

16. LumberJack

LumberJack Empty Pockets

Denim carpenter jeans.

Always.

17. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

5.11 The Original followed by Tru Spec 24/7

18. rackemup

rackemup Empty Pockets

Based on a Nutnfancy youtube review I bought a pair of 5.11 tac-lite pro's and have worn the heck out of them for work where business casual is called for. Just went back to LAPG and ordered two more operator pants in different colors.

19. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

I usually only wear denim carpenter pants from Old Navy in the winter and in Summer I wear Old Navy cargo khaki shorts .. Lately though Old Navy shorts have been sucking. Ive have the same shorts for 6+ years

Im really looking to purchase a pair of 5.11 pants, just dont wanna dish out $50 for a pair of pants right now, although my birthday is this month... Hmmmmmm

20. Sproles

Sproles Loaded Pockets

5.11 have been some of my favs for a long time. They wear like iron (in a good way) and love the pockets. I can't argue about the price for how long they last me.
    Another GREAT pair (a little less "tactical") is from KUHL (found them at REI) called the double wail cord (I think that's their name.) They are about $70 regular price, but you can always find stuff on sale at REI.