1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite Handgun Manufacturer?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by limitless, Feb 5, 2012.

?

Best Handgun Manufacturer

1. Beretta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Colt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Glock

15 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. Ruger

15 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. Heckler & Koch

5 vote(s)
    7.6%
  6. Sig

14 vote(s)
    21.2%
  7. Smith & Wesson

9 vote(s)
    13.6%
  8. Springfield Armory

5 vote(s)
    7.6%
  9. Taurus

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  10. Walther

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Loaded Pockets

I voted for Walther, because the poll specified favorite. I love my Glocks, and one of them is my first choice for my daily carry. I also love my H&Ks, and I very nearly voted for them, because I believe the H&K P7 series is one of the finest pistols ever built. I also appreciate that Sig makes a fine handgun, and I'm a huge fan of S&W revolvers, but not quite so enamored of their center-fire pistols.

But, while reading others comments on their choices, and why they made them...I saw some comments on trigger pulls, DA & SA, and it got me to thinking. My Walther P5s and P88s have the finest DA/SA trigger pulls of any semi-auto pistols I have ever handled or fired...in fact, I'd say they rival or are better than most quality revolvers. Plus, the ergonomics of the controls are nearly perfect, and they are just a joy to handle and fire. Unfortunately, I have no experience with their newer pistols, so I can't say if they are still building pistols of this quality.

So, while it pains me to not vote for Glock, H&K, Sig Sauer or S&W...I decided that Walther deserved to be represented. For what it's worth, CZ makes some excellent pistols as well.

Tim

2. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

You left out Browning. I have three Hi-Powers, which should tell you what I think of them.

3. JackBauer2218

JackBauer2218 Loaded Pockets

I own glock and Walther and had a smith & wesson so I like a variety of manufac.

4. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

Lots of great products got left out. Browning, Kimber, CZ, and countless more. But the OP listed a good number. Maybe an "Other" option would have been good.

5. jnug

jnug Loaded Pockets

I had a Sig P228 a few years back and never liked the bulk. Sigs have always seemed kinda' blockish to me and hard to conceal. However I kick myself for having sold it only because it was a German made 228. I agree with those commenting about the quality difference. For me, the German made Sigs were great guns right out of the box and I rarely like anything right out of the box, especially these days.

If CZ spent more time marketing here in the states they might have more of a following. They make very good pistols in my estimation.