1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite disposable pen

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by citoman305, Jan 21, 2016.

1. JDPUSMC

JDPUSMC Loaded Pockets

They changed my favorite pen. I liked the Bic Soft feel click pen and also the stick. They had a nice rubberized coating along the entire barrel. I don't use them as disposables, I rip refills out of modern versions to refill my old barrels.

2. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

My favorite remains the skilcraft US GI pen, but my close second is the fisher "rocket" pen. I have gone through a bunch of those.

3. chas353
    • In Omnia Paratus

chas353 Loaded Pockets

I like the Pilot G2 in .05 I carry 2 everyday a black and a red one at work with 2 more (blue and green) in my tool box, thinking about ordering the .38 version to see how they are I just like using fine point pens

4. IThinkTooMuch

IThinkTooMuch Loaded Pockets

Most common: Bic Round Stic Grip. They're very common, inexpensive ($.20 each including tax), pretty durable, and reasonably comfortable and reliable.

Least common: Skilcraft U.S. Government Retractable Ball Point Pen. Usually have to mail order them and pricey at $.75 each, but they have a long life, and are dead nuts reliable.

5. pelicularities
    • In Omnia Paratus

pelicularities Loaded Pockets

I have a left-field suggestion: Zebra Sarasa Clip .5. I've never found them off the shelf in the US, but you can buy them online (I personally just stock up and bring a stash with me into the US). Writes smoothly, and has the best clip of any disposable pen bar none. If I'm not carrying my regular non-disposable EDC pen (Tactile Turn Mover) for whatever reason, I'm carrying a Zebra Sarasa Clip.

6. jdindadell

jdindadell Loaded Pockets

I recently started using Papermate Gel 0.7 clickys on my desk at work. Cheap enough that if they walk I will not cry, and distinctive with the white accents and smoke tinted body. They write very well, bold but smooth and will function at the speed I write which can be quite fast. I prefer them over most ballpoints as they will write faster. I was using Zebra G301 gel pens before, and I feel that the papermate ink is slightly better. And I am trying Pilot Acroball Fine pens as well, smoother than most ballpoints, but not as bold as I like. Gel has me spoiled.

EDC is still a zebra f701 with a fine write in the rain refill. No leaks and it will work upside down. Just bought a TT shake but that is a topic for a different thread!

7. Desperado213

Desperado213 Loaded Pockets

Pilot v5 RT .5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My3kidsfather and rat-7 like this.
  8. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Another vote for the Pilot G2 07. I'm an FP nut, and have some really nice FP's. Every now and then (and this is one of those times) I go back to the G2 and fall in love (with a pen) all over again. I go through these phases...FP, gel, mech-pencil, wood pencil, colored wood pencil...and back to FP's.

<-----Koo-koo I guess! :D

9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I keep a pack of uni ball Signo 207 on hand for writing checks and addressing envelopes. Originally because of many reviews discussing how resistant the ink after drying was to tampering; but I've come to appreciate how smooth they write.

But my go-to for actual correspondence etc remain my fountain pens. Just not for the envelopes...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

10. filedog

filedog Loaded Pockets

G2 .07 for me also. Signo has (apparently) better ink, but mine was skipping a bit. Retro 51 with a Schmidt 8127 was nice and wet,
    but also skipped. G2 seemed to work the best. I have a G2 limited on the way, so I can try a heavier body, and a Signo 307 to see if
    that will work better for me.

11. Iron Badger

Iron Badger Loaded Pockets

the Zebra F-301 is like the ultimate budget pen lol

I'm disappointed that Zebra isn't capitalizing on it with titanium or adonized versions

12. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

I finally tracked one down. At the Dollar Tree online, they had an assorted pack of 48 for $48, and I almost thought that, if I put them up at that one auction site, selling them for $3 each would net almost a c-note... Yet I finally found one at a store, and I thought I was pretty sure that it's only a plastic-bodied pen with only the clip composed of metal... Although, if I'm wrong, and they are metal, that'd be pretty neat.

:D

13. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Pilot BPS-GP Ballpoint Pen Fine or Uni SXN-217 Jetstream RT Retractable Rollerball Pen Fine

Finest grip and finest flow

Last edited by Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen, Aug 2, 2016
  14. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Uniball power tank. Not far short from a fisher space pen in terms of ability so far for me.

15. BLeon

BLeon Loaded Pockets

Uni ball 207 for me. Admittedly, I haven't tried the G2 yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Hyatt181

Hyatt181 Loaded Pockets

Pilot G2 .7
    I was carrying around an EDK pen for awhile but lost it and since just carry the pilot.

17. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

Are you interested in purchasing a very slightly used EDK? I backed it when it was on Kickstarter, thinking it would take a cut-to-fit Pilot G2 refill. For some odd reason, the nose of the EDK does not allow the G2 refill to pass through, even though it looks like the nose of the Retrakt which does take a G2 refill. I was so disappointed in the pen that I don't think I carried it more than a day before putting it in a case, where it still sits today. It's the solid black top and bottom and is like new.

18. kennedjt

kennedjt Loaded Pockets

Pilot G2 .7 in red ink is hands down my favorite. I used that pen for years (with refills), until I switched to a fountain pen, and the only complaint that I have is that the gel ink basically runs off the paper if it gets wet.

However, I work in an office environment so aside from the rare spilled coffee or water this is a non-issue.

I still use the G2 "on the go" when I don't want to bring my FP.
    Avise La Fin

19. Brandon Douglas

Brandon Douglas Empty Pockets

Pilot G2 10 Bold in black. Go thru about one a week. Can't use a fine point end up tearing the paper.

20. Hyatt181

Hyatt181 Loaded Pockets

Very interested.
    Which version is it and what would you like for it?
    Black, tumbled or brass?