1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Favorite Benchmade knives

Discussion in 'Knives' started by tomp, Jun 23, 2011.

1. tomp

tomp Loaded Pockets

What are your favorite Benchmade knives? I really like the Ozbourne 943 and Mini-Griptilian! Two of my favorites!

2. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

I don't own any, but I've been able to handle quite a few. The Mini-Grip is a good one, very comfortable to use. The Rukus and Mini Rukus are just big honkin' knives that have an impressive feel and heft. I can't say that I have any actual bad impressions of a high-end Benchmade that I've been able to handle, they all feel great in hand and the Axis lock is a joy to play with. Just my 2 cents. ;D

3. tomp

tomp Loaded Pockets

Agreed, I am a big fan of the Axis lock. It makes it very easy to close the knife with one hand, just as easy as opening, by a flick of the wrist.

4. stax
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

I only own two - 585 mini barrage and 440 opportunist - and they are the favorites in my humble collection (particularly the 585). I have handled the mini grip and will one day own one - nice knife. I haven't handled any others, however.

5. greyhound

greyhound Loaded Pockets

BM551 full size Griptilian. Love that knife.

6. TrickyVic

TrickyVic Loaded Pockets

I've had many Benchmades throughout the years and the 930 Kulgera has been the only constant.

7. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Nice to see another fan! Its my favorite as well, its just such a great all-rounder! Nice slim profile so you won't notice it when carrying yet its just big enough to perfectly fit in your hand. The scales are not so rough that they rip your pocket but it provides more than enough grip for actual real-life-use, s30v is just a great steel that holds a wicked sharp edge whilst still being easy to sharpen or touch up and the knife doesn't look so tacticool that it scares people when you use it.

For me the kulgera is spot on in the middle of that tiny hotspot where elegance meets functionality.

[​IMG]

8. yo mama

yo mama Loaded Pockets

All that I have purchased have been my favorite.

Started with a 550 full size grip. Then got a 15020 Bone Collector in D2 (if you haven't seen this it's a fantastic knife. Just picked up a 5w rescue hook for hunting at 25 bucks. Made in the USA, I love it.

9. tomp

tomp Loaded Pockets

That 930 Kulgera seems to be a nice profile and the kind I like. I wish I could find them locally soni could hold one. I prefer to hold one in hand before purchasing.

10. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Loaded Pockets

Griptillian and Nimravus = EDC and Field WIN!

11. greymethod

greymethod Loaded Pockets

Doug Ritter Mini-Grip... probably one of if not the best knife I have ever used.

12. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Your chances to find one in the wild are slim to none, if im not mistaken the knife has been out of production for quite a while now. But you could just try to get on off the bay, should hold its value pretty well if you dont abuse it too much and decide to sell it later.

13. tomp

tomp Loaded Pockets

What is the difference between the regular Griptilian and the Doug Ritter variant? Is it the shape of the blade, the S30V steel and Doug's logo or is there something else I am missing?

14. greymethod

greymethod Loaded Pockets

All of the above. Beautiful s30v and a different blade shape that makes the knife a lot nicer to handle. Knife also comes with a subdued clip.

15. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

My favorites are the 710, 707, 760, and the Pardue. I have a 710 and a 760, great knives. I've handled the 707 and Pardue and think they would make excellent backups. Plus, the Pardue is very thin and light (1.88oz), making it perfect for waistband carry.

16. tomp

tomp Loaded Pockets

Ah, okay thanks. I have the basic Mini grip with the 154cm steel and shape. I am very happy with this version and like the thinner shape better than the taller ones I have seen on the DR versions. The only thing I wish were different, is the clip is painted on mine and wish it were black oxide. However, that is simply cosmetic and either type is sure to wear off over time (my 930 black oxide on clip wore off quite some time ago). I like the mini grip as an EDC knife because it it short and thin compare to the full size. This shorter length is not as comfortable in hand but more comforatable in pocket and has less risk of getting pushed out of pocket when sitting. I wish I had the S30V too, but the 154cm version was the only one in stock when I purchased.

17. KarasuStatus

KarasuStatus Loaded Pockets

Big Deja Vu fan. :)

18. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

Benchmade 480 Shoki?

Slightly off-topic, I suppose...but has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with the 480 Shoki from benchmade? I think it looks fantastic, great steel (s30v), and an interesting-looking locking mechanism. Any input?

19. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

I've got one, its a very nice gentleman or ladies knife that should'nt frighten the *******! Not made for heavyduty work but can hold its own! Depends on what you want it for. Oh oh found another word not allowed!

20. mouser

mouser Loaded Pockets

This is beginning to sound like a must have.