1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fav brand

Discussion in 'Watches' started by blueturtle, Jan 11, 2010.

?

What is your faveorite watch brand

1. G-shock(my personal fav)

64 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. iron man

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  3. timex

15 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. luiccen piccard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. adidas/ nike

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. county comm

4 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. other

118 vote(s)
    58.4%
  1. Kilovolt

Kilovolt Loaded Pockets

To find one is not that difficult. :cool:

Of course to find the money is another story .... :broke:

2. dogtorlam

dogtorlam Empty Pockets

I have always been a huge Omega fan...but when not wearing one I love my Timex Ironman!

3. Paddling_Man

Paddling_Man Loaded Pockets

Suunto. I've got a Vector and Xlander. It made all of the watches I owned before seem like toys.

image link

4. Druthu

Druthu Loaded Pockets

I am looking to pick up my first G-Shock....
    Probably the 6900-1.

5. Herbie

Herbie Empty Pockets

I'm a Citizen Eco-Drive guy, through and through.

I hate hate HATE buying batteries for watches and I have too many watches to keep automatics running just by wearing them (and I refuse to pay big $$ for an automatic winder).

But I have a wide range of Eco-Drives, from fancy to everyday, and I LOVE them.

6. crawdad62

crawdad62 Loaded Pockets

Dude how often do you have to change your batteries? I think I've changed about 4 in my whole life. It's not like you have to do it daily or monthly or heck even yearly. That being said I do like Eco-Drives too. Ironically I've got a Eco-Drive that's not holding its charge very long...... time to replace the battery (I know it's not really a battery per se).

7. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

You think replacing batteries is annoying? Try finding a watch repair shop that will repair your automatic watch because it's randomly stopping, gaining 5 minutes a day, etc. It will cost you a lot of battery money.

8. tirat

tirat Empty Pockets

Many role reversals thru my wis journey...
    but Seiko now, G-Shock 2nd...about a month ago it was G-Shock 1st, Seiko 2nd. The addiction goes round and round.

9. Herbie

Herbie Empty Pockets

If you own enough watches, it could be a LOT of battery changes. If you own a couple of nice waterproof watches where the warranty is voided unless you have the battery changed by a factory authorized source, it gets REAL expensive fast. More annoying than the actual cost or hassle of the battery change was the pain of not figuring out that my dress watch had a dead battery until the night I put on a tuxedo, and having to decide between a more casual watch or no watch. There was a while in the '90s where between dress, sport, and everyday/casual, watches I was buying a new battery every few months, it seemed. It was probably not actually that frequent, but I remember being so annoyed whenever I went to wear a specific watch and finding the battery dead that the first Eco-Drive I saw seemed like a revelation to me.

I still have a few non-Eco watches: My cheap Seiko5 automatic I use when doing dirty/rough work, a manual-winder that was my grandfather's, and a Movado Museum quartz that is more than a bit gauche' and nearly always has a dead battery, but was a graduation gift from my father, so I've kept it.

10. crawdad62

crawdad62 Loaded Pockets

I guess. I've got a lot of watches and owned a lot of others. I've just never seen an situation where I thought "man all these batteries need changing all at once." But again YMMV. I guess I just don't understand the hate, hate, HATE statement. I mean I've got a Citizens Orca BN0016-55L that I got a few years ago that's in need of a capacitor change and yet I've go a Seiko Tuna Can SBBN007 that I've had over three and a half years that's still going strong. Of course both would need a pressure test if the case was opened. Even more telling is my Seiko "Arnold" that I bought back in '86 and sold last year. I think I changed the battery twice..... in over twenty years.

11. Kabong30

Kabong30 Empty Pockets

I'm new to the G-Shock fold, but also Zodiac.

12. greymethod

greymethod Loaded Pockets

G-Shock/Victorinox.

13. mike3145

mike3145 Loaded Pockets

Hard to go wrong with a G-Shock for pure rugged functionality. I'm wearing a MTG-900 right now! I'm not so keen on individual brands but I do like particular watches. For example, I like Hamilton's Jazzmaster but much of the rest of the line doesn't do a thing for me. There's a lot of Breitling's line that appeals to me and I have an Aerospace that I just love. If money were no object, I'd love a Vacheron Constantin Overseas (alhough the picture really doesn't do it justice).

image link

14. David.s

David.s Loaded Pockets

I dont really have a favourite brand, i do like Rolex and Omega although cannot afford any at the moment.
    I do seem to be aquiring a few Casio at the moment, i think mainly because they do what i need, look relatively good and are cheap.

15. vamil93

vamil93 Loaded Pockets

I went with G-Shock (Casio) but I also really like Seiko and Citizen.

16. Dohboy

Dohboy Loaded Pockets

My fav is Oceanus. I love my TDA-500TDA, solar, atomic, and unlike the new versions has a lcd.

17. retrosurfer

retrosurfer Loaded Pockets

Other

I'm a watch fan wear one everyday and love them, I own many of the top brands and my current daily wear is a Bell & Ross. I swap that off with a stainless Submariner and several others that Ive been wearing 25+ years. They might not be cost effective but I love manual watches something cool about that level of engineering and quality.

[img width=640 height=456]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/retrosurfer1959/Small%20EDC%20Tools/IMG_0483.jpg[/img]

others

[img width=640 height=384]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/retrosurfer1959/IMG_0021.jpg[/img]

18. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

What brand is that really large black one with the strap and square shape in the lower image ( close to the lower right corner) ? It looks like it's made for people who specifically wear their watch on the right wrist.

19. DBoy

DBoy Empty Pockets

I favour Tag Heuer for dress up, smart casual use. I own the Aquareacer. Great watches that have never let me down.

For all things manly and outdoor oriented i stick with Suunto. Currently wearing an all black Core. Been a great watch so far and i love all the onboard toys. Previously owned an Advizor which finally died while surfing in Cornwall a few years back.

I also have a Suunto T3 training watch which includes a heart rate band. Great kit which has improved my fitness considerably over the last 7 months or so.

D.

20. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

Second that, I'e worn an all stainless SEL for about 13 years and have had one of the first gen F1s for 23 years. The F1 was on my wrist for 4 years working on race cars and in the pits and has hit the pavement plenty of time, runs like a champ.