1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Farmer and Pioneer - backsprings strength

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Redneck Bear, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Redneck Bear

Redneck Bear Loaded Pockets

Hi,

I realized the snap on my Pioneer is much stronger than on my Farmer. Both knives are almost new (which is why I check them so much, I suppose :)). I cleaned both knives to make sure it's not a problem with lint and other mess in the Farmer's guts but it didn't change. Not that it makes the Farmer unusable, it is still pretty good, I'm just surprised.

Is this usual, that one knife from the same line (alox 93mm in this case) has a stronger snap? Is it because of the backsprings?

2. sc00ts

sc00ts Loaded Pockets

I've noticed the same thing with my farmer and pioneer x, most notably on the awl on my farmer...it's rather sickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redneck Bear likes this.
  3. Redneck Bear

Redneck Bear Loaded Pockets

Yeah, the awl it the "worst" on my Farmer as well ...

4. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

I can't tell any difference at all between my Farmer and my Pioneer, except on the saw. The Farmer has much better snap on the saw. It's nonexistent on the Pioneer. Oh wait. So is the saw. Nevermind.

Having had several Victorinox SAKs apart, I'm not surprised at all. It's pretty easy to bend the springs enough to affect the tension, so I can see how it could happen during assembly.

mizedog likes this.