1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fake Gerber Shards on Amazon

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by Dominator, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Dominator

Dominator Loaded Pockets

Just got my shard from amazon and its a fake. Its not even a good fake at that. There is no sharpness to the wire stripper and the opening is WAY to wide. The word "Shard" stamped on it is off center and the metal DOES NOT feel the same, its thinner. I can bend it too, would be useless for my needs.

I filed a complaint with Amazon about it, but be mindful if buying it from them.

Very disappointed in amazon for allowing this to happen.

The seller is Visual Charm on Amazon. PLEASE BE CAREFUL....This seller knows he is selling fakes, he has turned off ability to process returns. I spoke to Amazon about and they agreed that sellers do this most of the time, so that people will think there are NO returns.

[​IMG]

camporama, Water-Rat and Tony Sal like this.
  2. Cody_2ZZ

Cody_2ZZ Loaded Pockets

Yep--looks like a fake to me. The notches cut out on the edges look terrible. Thanks for the heads up. Can you post a warning review on Amazon?

3. Dominator

Dominator Loaded Pockets

Already done. I posted the picture as well.

4. Dominator

Dominator Loaded Pockets

Here is the email from the seller.

Dear hello, thank you for your feedback, we will return this charge for you, and strictly control the quality of the product. The products need not return. Thank you very much for your letter.

---原始邮件---

5. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Loose translation; 'We don't give a &^%#. Here's your money back, as long as we don't have to refund more than four out of every five of these we ship we will still make enough profit to keep doing this. Have a nice day.'

6. Dominator

Dominator Loaded Pockets

Exactly. Well, free fake gerber shard....when I asked for a genuine one as a replacement....

Dear hello, we are not selling this product. I'm very sorry!
    Once again to buy our products, will present a small gift. Thank you for your letter.

7. sc00ts

sc00ts Loaded Pockets

Good advice to keep an eye on what vendor the sale is being fulfilled by. I had seen your post before I ordered mine and noticed the sub $3 listings were all "just launched" which I take is a red flag. I switched mine to fulfilled by amazon and received 3 genuine shards. Out of curiosity, what kind of box was yours packaged in?

Moshe ben David likes this.
  8. flatline

flatline Loaded Pockets

Hmm...I got a Shard from amazon as a cheap add-on. It doesn't quite look like the one you've posted, but it also doesn't quite look like the image on gerber's site (or Amazon's for that matter). The grove in the nail puller is cut differently and the fonts used for both "GERBER" and "SHARD" are less bold, but the position and orientation are the same.

However, it's very solidly built and did come in an authentic looking Gerber box. Unless one of you tells me otherwise, I'm going to assume it's authentic and that they've simply changed the font used when stamping. I've had no complaints about it so far.

9. sc00ts

sc00ts Loaded Pockets

Here are some pics of the ones I got. I'm assuming mine are legit, but I guess you never know. The wire strippers are more v cut than the picture above and sharp. The bottle opener hook is more pronounced as well as the jimping. I'm still curious what box the fakes come in. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Dominator

Dominator Loaded Pockets

Those are real, even the box is different. The box that came with mine is gray in color and just gerber and a fake logo (knife in a mountain).

11. sc00ts

sc00ts Loaded Pockets

That's good to know. Thanks for the reply. I've seen the lengths the counterfeiters will go through to duplicate Spyderco boxes so I wasn't sure.

12. flatline

flatline Loaded Pockets

Those look exactly like mine does. Thanks for posting those pics.

(I totally need to learn now to post pics...every time I decide to figure out how, i get distracted...)

Tony Sal likes this.
  13. jdindadell

jdindadell Loaded Pockets

You guys sure it is not a fake and just an example of gerber's stellar QC...

Tony Sal likes this.
  14. KentuckyRock17
    • In Omnia Paratus

KentuckyRock17 Uber Prepared

The Shard is one of of the few things Gerber gets consistently right. It's kind of difficult to screw up a single piece of steel.

RAMBOCAT likes this.
  15. RAMBOCAT

RAMBOCAT Loaded Pockets

Especially if that one piece of steel is STAMPED OUT.

16. mlndo

mlndo Empty Pockets

These fakes are also found all over eBay as well. Def not the same quality as the original.

17. Ninja1980

Ninja1980 Loaded Pockets

I've been stung by fake Mont Blanc refills in the past. I avoid independent retailers on amazon these days

18. EMAGDNIM

EMAGDNIM Loaded Pockets

Thanks for posting this! I'll need to be careful since I'm so green.

19. F-Bobby

F-Bobby EDC Junkie

Amazon is a great place for deals. But When it comes to stuff like that I'm ONLY buying from the manufacturer or someone that is a known good seller.
    Also look around on here for stuff. You'll find this stuff go up for sale.
    Also Cabelas and stores of that sort should carry a good amount of gerber and the other larger brand name companies stuff if that's easier for ya to get to.

EMAGDNIM likes this.
  20. specv510

specv510 Loaded Pockets

I was about to order one. Glad you posted this!