1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Exploring Belstaff as an Option

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Odd-Commodity, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Odd-Commodity

Odd-Commodity Loaded Pockets

I've been browsing through this forum for quite some time, but haven't posted yet. I don't really carry a bag with me at all times, but I do load one up to keep in my car. At times it will come with me when I need to wait for an appointment or something along those lines. I own a Maxpedition baby condor, and I tried to EDC it, but decided that backpacks don't really fulfill my needs entirely. It's strange, but I intially ordered one of those OD green Rothco "Jack Bauer" bags. It was cheap, and I thought I would use it for work. As it turns out, I really like messenger style shoulder bags, and it gets tons use outside of work. This bag isn't perfect though, and I've been contemplating upgrading to a premium shoulder bag. I decided that I prefer canvas, and I like the overall design of what I currently carry.

I caught wind of those Belstaff Colonial style shoulder bags reading through these forums. Even when I first saw the "I am Legend" movie, I was like, "cool bag!" I know they are expensive, but even if I am willing to pay, I can't seem to find a seller anywhere. I would be interested to know if anyone here knows how to obtain one. If someone owns one, I would be interested to know their experience with it.

Again, for me I think the messenger style back works as the most versatile bag for my needs. Occasionally I need to break out a backpack, but usually the Rothco bags serves my needs.

2. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

:welcome: Welcome to EDC Forums, Odd-Commodity. Glad you posted.

3. mr.hauser

mr.hauser Loaded Pockets

i've seen em on ebay. usually my go to place for hard to find items.

4. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

Odd-Commodity,

Glad you posted! I don't have the Belstaff or the Jack Bauer bag. Mesanger bags have not traditionally been my thing but the more I read about them they are kind of growing on me. I like the looks of the Belstaff.

Welcome to EDCF! I look forward to hearing your ideas on your EDC gear.

Happy Carrying
    GuardDog

5. schadenfreude

schadenfreude Empty Pockets

The only places I've found are in Europe, and have complaints about slow shipping, only taking wire transfers, or charging inapplicable taxes or credit card conversion fees.

Still looking... :rolleyes:

6. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

:iagree: Welcome.

7. Odd-Commodity

Odd-Commodity Loaded Pockets

Bummer. It appears these bags are almost completely unreasonable to get. Overseas shipping and tax will likely drive the costs way up too. I haven't seen any on ebay neither.

8. Ren

Ren Loaded Pockets

Ah seems belstaff's online store has overrun its deadline of Nov '08.

This seems to be where Belstaff USA is..

Google Maps