1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

evil blades

Discussion in 'Knives' started by HoopleHead, Jan 4, 2008.

1. webley445

webley445 Loaded Pockets

I got 4 stitches Sunday night on my thumb from a SOG Mini Toolclip. Seesm like the slipjoints are always getting me. Lockbacks only bite if I'm not thinking and acting stupid.

the only way you will be rid of that evil blade is to get it out of your house. Quickly, send it to me so that it haunts your home no more!! I will properly rid it of its evil spirits :evilgrin:

2. callmekipling

callmekipling Empty Pockets

There was one time, having just finished a bottle of maker's mark, that the next bottle had some manner of mechanical failure (could've been however much whiskey had been distributed between us, but I digress.) Anyway, they're sealed with sealing wax, and I was the guy with the knife.. thank God, I had a little nick in my finger and an impressive chunk of fingernail missing.. could've been worse.

As far as sober incidents, I've been bit once by each (that's two total) kershaw I've bought.. buggers are sharp.

But I've never even slipped with a non-locking knife. Funny.

3. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

4. Sgt. LED

Sgt. LED Empty Pockets

The most evil blade I ever encountered was an big old papercutter. I lost the end of my thumb to it!
    Yep I am the reason they are so well marked and come with safety guards now! That hurt, the smashing till it cut, the dangling bit of thumb. Lucky for me the ends of digits can grow back given enough time and proper care. Not much feeling in it or heat sensation, but it looks almost normal now till it gets wet and pruny!

5. buildit

buildit Empty Pockets

The first one that got me good was a buck 6" special on the left hand top of pointer finger. Not going to tell how or why(too embarrassing) but it went right to the bone. The meat inside was gross, but the scar is cool. The second was a stupid little fillet knife that I washed in the sink and for some reason put it handle down in the utensil cup to dry, then forgot it and went to turn off the hot water rather quick. :shrug: :shocked: :rant: was my next three thoughts with a stinging burning pain coming from my thumb knucke. It felt like electricity, and I highly recommend NOT trying it. :(

6. b.s.

b.s. Loaded Pockets

HA! is that the same Nimvarus you just sold? my condolences to its owner.

Mine was a brief encounter with a WWII bayonet. Jumped out of my waistband and stabbed me in the foot. Four stitches later my beach vacation was ruined.

7. callmekipling

callmekipling Empty Pockets

:censored:, if you went ashore on D-day, then thank you for your service, on behalf of your country. If not, I think your story might be the best ever, and could you kindly flesh it out for us?

8. b.s.

b.s. Loaded Pockets

not D-Day...

I was twelve, running around the house barefoot. My brother and I used to fight with my father's display samurai sword set. The metal was soft and dented really easily, but he made a downward lunge at me once and hit a popcorn tin instead. The sword went in about a foot...... that was the last time we fought with swords.

then my father came home with a WWII bayonet... this style HERE or maybe it was the M1 version...

I played with it one day thinking about how I would get my brother back... There was a knock at the door so I put the bayonet in the waistband of my shorts. The shorts were elastic and the bayonet slipped out stabbing me in the foot. The knock at the door was the mail man. here I am four stitches later and I never saw the bayonet again.

9. s4biturbo

s4biturbo Loaded Pockets

I had an emerson specwar tanto that didn't like me too much, a few nibbles here and there and then finally i had the bright idea to carve a pumpkin with it... :(

lets just say i got what i deserved and that included a big i told you so from my girlfriend as well as a few stiches!!

10. uni2uniknot

uni2uniknot Empty Pockets

I had a Lone Wolf Double Duty as an EDC awhile back. This knife was POSSESED! The knife was a double action automatic with a mind of its own! I would set this knife on my desk during the work day. Every now and then, without warning, the automatic action would spontaneously deploy...SNAP...scaring the B-Jesus out of me! Needless to say, EDC was no longer an option, I value certain anatomy near my pants pockets. This knife was returned to the factory, replaced and eventually sold. DEVIL KNIFE! :evilgrin:

11. dyyys1

dyyys1 Loaded Pockets

Alright, that's scary! You should have hidden it on someone else's desk just to see what they did (I'm joking, of course).

12. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

My little Wharcom bit me on the thumb just yesterday! :(
    How my stupid thumb ever ended up smack against the edge I'll NEVER know! :shrug:

I don't think that makes it "evil," per se, but I've decided to put it aside until I can have it made over with a wave and a new set of scales...maybe that will make it happier! :knuppel2:

13. peacefuljeffrey

I feel like bragging, because it has been a lonnnnng time since I ever cut myself accidentally with a knife, and even when I have it has never been more than a minor cut. The most recent one was about three years ago with a Spyderco Salsa, and the reason for the accidental poke I got near my thumb was that the blade had managed to open about 1/4" inside my pocket and since the knife is a tip-up design, I got nabbed as I slid my hand inside the pocket to get the knife.

I don't mean to "call anybody out," but the way I view knife accidents is not far from the way I view "negligent gun discharges." They happen when we decide that "it really couldn't hurt" to do stuff with our equipment that we know is stupid!

14. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I was indeed fiddling with my wharnie when I cut myself with it, but nothing terribly irresponsible. This marks the end of a really long injury-free streak! :rolleyes:

15. stillphoto

stillphoto Loaded Pockets

Great thread.

My Emerson Psark got me pretty good right after I got it. Superglue to the rescue. I think the scar has finally dissapeared from the underside of my index finger. It literally cut part of the fingerprint right off.

16. MuffinMan

MuffinMan Loaded Pockets

Back to the Nimravus, Several years ago I got a Nimravus Tanto (my first nice knife) and I love it. It's cut me only a couple times so Nimravus's aren't so terribly evil :evilgrin:

17. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

I was opening boxes with my Sharktooth today and it bit me....just a little love bite, though... :smitten:

18. NSaglibene

NSaglibene Empty Pockets

The epitome of evil... not that it treats me badly :evilgrin:, it just looks the part.

[​IMG]

19. Renoutside

Renoutside Empty Pockets

I have been very lucky in my life, and in my line of work, to have only been cut bad 2 times, once on a 24" Wood Planer blade (while replacing it) and once with a Utility knife while cutting a shim for a window.
    Both times I was not thinking clearly and caused the injury myself.

I think we project our confidence, ability, and knowledge on our knives and tools.
    With caution, comes experience...
    With experience, comes carelessness...
    And with carelessness, comes injury.

20. tinyblob

tinyblob Loaded Pockets

What make is that? I'm having difficulty working out the text on the blade.. Amenza?

As for the topic.. I have this weird thing where i kind of assume i'm going to cut myself on time on every blade i buy - because i have so far, one time on each blade. I figure that's me learning to handle the knife, and afterwards i'm better "schooled".
    But every once in a while i'll cut myself another time, and i suddenly feel like something very bad is going to happen - like a superstition.