1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Evil Black Rifle Pic Thread........

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by jda, Jan 28, 2013.

1. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

SO Jealous of so many of these posts!
    SO unable to act upon my jealousy!

Gallows likes this.
  2. JohnN

JohnN Loaded Pockets

Consider a SF X300U at 12 o'clock.

-john

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Longbob

Longbob Loaded Pockets

Evil!!

Rock River LAR15 Varmint A4
    18" SS Bull barrel
    Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10x50

[​IMG]

4. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit Loaded Pockets

Not quite black anymore, but evil.

BCM bfh 16" middy.

[​IMG]

5. sjducks

sjducks Loaded Pockets

This thread has forced my hand to build an AR. EDCF is full of enablers lol

Zebulon, Gallows, 70dart and 2 others like this.
  6. astrocreep96
    • In Omnia Paratus

astrocreep96 EDC Junkie

My lower came in yesterday. I built it up in about an hour, it was easier than I expected. I think I'm going to try and sight it in tomorrow...

[​IMG]

And here it is compared to a few others (decorative border I was fooling with on my phone, not my deck). The Tavor still manages to be the shortest rifle, although the SBR is the lightest...

[​IMG]

Bohawg, JHGM, edjo69 and 7 others like this.
  7. sjducks

sjducks Loaded Pockets

Well after only a day or two my hand was forced by you all here at EDCF and I grabbed an Aero lower and parts kit. Now for the fun to begin. Thanks for the inspiration fellas!

8. cityofthesouth

cityofthesouth Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]AR15palmetto_delton3 by city_ofthe_south, on Flickr

ETA: Did that thing where I search google and find forum posts with absolutely no information which is annoying.

Left: Palmetto State Armory "Freedom" barrel (16", 556, 1/7, stainless, midlength), receiver, and rail. Not sure the rail is part of their Freedom line but it's a Palmetto rail, and came on it. Palmetto "Premium" BCG. Palmetto "Classic" complete blem lower. Badger Tactical Latch Gen II which I wouldn't recommend - the angle is all wrong IMO. Primarly Arms red dot. It's an older one and they are updating all the frickin time, so I don't remember which model exactly. In the picture is a Troy mag - baseplates are stupid, but they seem to work just fine. Magpul K2 and MFT Minimalist. 7lbs on the dot as pictured.

Right: Delton complete upper with their heavy barrel (16", 556, 1/7, chrome lined, midlength). Troy Delta rail. Strike Industries extended latch charging handle which I highly recommend. Huge surface to get a hold of and doesn't stress the handle like the Badger. SWFA 1-4x Mil-Mil, illuminated, awesome. PlumCrazy lower - stupid name for anyone who wanted to be taken seriously, and probably could have been designed in a more appealing way by anyone who wanted to be taken seriously, but I haven't destroyed it yet. I got it in 2012, and I don't think changing their name helped with the being taken seriously part. Especially given the prices of forged receivers over the past year or so. BCM VFG, Hex Mag in the pic, Umbrella Corp grip, Magpul fixed carbine stock. 8-3/4lbs as pictured.

Last edited by cityofthesouth, Jan 28, 2016
  9. sjducks

sjducks Loaded Pockets

Dorian, Gallows and cityofthesouth like this.
  10. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

cityofthesouth, what's with the paracord on the handguard?

sent from a device with a keyboard that hates me

Dorian and Gallows like this.
  11. cityofthesouth

I like it really well but that gun is new so I haven't spent a lot of time with it. I am not absolutely sure I like the position of the QD sling cup but it works and I think it's more a matter of getting used to it than anything (and unlike the Magpul it actually came WITH the cup). It is as tight as everyone says it is but I see that as a good thing. I set it and forget it. It has as little play as the fixed carbine stock - none. That rifle is 7lbs as pictured with the red dot and empty mag, so I really like that I got a couple free ounces back by using the MFT when compared to a standard carbine stock.

The folks at Warsport came up with the rail bungee thing and they have some various purposes for them. I think it just looks cool so I had some shock cord and cord locks sitting around and put them on. What I found was it killed the ring in the rail when cycling the bolt. I also thought the cord locks could act as a sort of index point so I put them at the front. So I guess I got a couple benefits without adding any weight or spending money. Mostly I like that it aggravates the operators. If I decide I don't like them (or they melt) then they can go.

Last edited by cityofthesouth, Jan 24, 2016
  12. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhajahahajhshahah.

I like that reasoning.

I don't quite get the index point, but my AR is almost exclusively for competition at this point. So I index off the front of the handguard.

It has its downsides....

[​IMG]

Yes, that's from junk being thrown back from the compensator after ~150 shots. At least the fire/sparks haven't burned me yet.

As for pissing off operators, I've gotten a few criticisms because I don't run BUIS. My optic has an etched reticle...anything that would take it out would obstruct 12 o'clock BUIS, so I really think they're just dead weight. Eventually, it's going to get an offset dot, but that won't happen until I actually get to the point that having 2 zeros will be a tangible benefit.

sent from a device with a keyboard that hates me

cityofthesouth, Dorian and Gallows like this.
  13. Echo2

Echo2 Loaded Pockets

14. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Question: What happens to your AR15 if you move to California? with lots of 30-, 40-rd magazines?

15. 00ChevyScott

00ChevyScott Loaded Pockets

You don't tell anyone about them and plan on moving out of CA asap.

ran23, Dorian and Zebulon like this.
  16. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I left CA in -07, wife wants to move back. At least no 12" bbl or can on it. still curious

17. cityofthesouth

It's probably not a thing. Plus, it only kinda works ... well actually it doesn't work at all. :p

Pretty much how I feel about BUIS. For another thing, the companies that make them are way too proud of them for how brain dead simple they are. My Delton had the front sight post and it just seemed wasteful to get rid of it. It's not as if I'm ever going to be quickly accessing that rear sight in a pinch, plus the fact that I'll never likely be in a pinch. So yeah, pretty much pointless in the real world. The option is to spend a bunch of money on a QD mount to quickly access sights I'll never need to access. Also, minute of bad guy is easy at 50 yards just looking through the red dot with it turned off.

I'm always torn with sighting options on my blasters. I mentally battle between light weight, and versatility. I feel like a 1-4x or other low power optic makes the gun the most versatile. But, then it's heavy. I like this light weight gun, but then I feel like it could do more. The struggle is real.

There is no compelling reason to move to California, only compelling reasons not to. :)

18. nicknapp

nicknapp Loaded Pockets

Is that a NY compliant can cannon?!

sswift and Dorian like this.
  19. Echo2

Echo2 Loaded Pockets

It's a NY stock on a Can Cannon....Don't know if it would be compliant in NY or not...I just wanted a different look for a can cannon...:)

ran23, nicknapp and Dorian like this.
  20. nicknapp

nicknapp Loaded Pockets

I think it would have been fine until the ATF declared it an SBS.

Echo2, ran23 and Dorian like this.