1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Everything Doraemon's Carrying

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by Doraemon, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g_dan
    • In Omnia Paratus

g_dan Loaded Pockets

Great job on that anodizing work! do you have any idea where can I find something like the t90 clip you posted? :D

2. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

Hmm I heard someone contacted Sunny and was told he wasn't going to make any more. So, barring buying from someone second-hand, I think you're left with things like Nite Ize's S clips and McGizmo clips.

GeneralGlenn, Brtsmpsn, g_dan and 3 others like this.
  3. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

Bauhaus Carabiner
    My K11's gate is off to the side. I've tried pushing it back, clamping it in place and dunking in boiling water, and even hit it with a hot air gun. It's not going back. Titanium is amazingly springy! The good news is I'm confident the spring will last a lifetime now.

Beads As Danglers
    I've found what I was talking about - there's a style of yo-yo where instead of a loop, the string ends in a bead that you hold in your hand:
    [​IMG]
    Dice are commonly used. So I think you can do the same to "hang" your keychain from your pocket. Advantages: shorter than any clip. No distortion issues. If this works, I think it could be the ultimate deep carry clip for knives. That would be great - you could have a regular clip for quick draw, and this lanyard bead for stealth mode. I was all about deep carry clips but having 2 options would be even better.

4. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

BeadDangler 1
    [​IMG]
    10 minute impression: it still slips into my pocket. Seems easy to pickpocket, but then again so are all pocket clips. I could stuff a wire into the paracord then bend it into a hook shape.

How the anodisation turned out:
    [​IMG]
    I'm loving the T90's new look. It's a bright, uniform colour that won't chip or peel off. Don't you hate paint flakes? This is an environmentally-friendly, no organic solvent process. It's already starting to wear around the keys, but titanium dioxide is inert and harmless.

Coin Pocket Carry
    [​IMG]
    Quite happy with this setup. Fits into all my coin pockets. Everything can be removed without tools. FM1 is well-balanced. S-biner to pull it out or hang another keychain from. For pants without coin pockets it worked well with my TT-Capper. I might change the split rings to lanyard clips if they're secure enough.

5. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

BeadDangler 1 won't stay up as hoped in any of my pockets. Trying to stiffen the paracord, since I can't reuse it anyway:
    [​IMG]
    Just hold it in shape and drop superglue on it. It'll soak right in. After this treatment, it was stuck at a 90° angle.

This use has given me a new perspective - maybe it's not necessary for a dangler to clip onto the pocket. I can see where the KeyStiK and Scout hook are coming from now. Seeing new perspectives in EDC is interesting, just like how I thought the Sharpmaker was imprecise but now I'm starting to see it's good enough.

6. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

Update on the pen: Build quality and threads are pretty good. It writes ok, but it's a bit short to hold. I was keeping it in the car, since its cap can contain any leaks, and my fears were justified:
    [​IMG]
    This is the second time a blob has formed from it just sitting there. Looks like the car is too hot for it. What pens do - mustnobuypensmustnotbuypens

7. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Neither my space pen or my Valiant concept pens have done that.

8. BobsBargains

BobsBargains Banned

I've had a few Parker pens do this in the hot car.

9. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

That's why I stopped carrying a Parker pen. Plus I accidentally put it through the wash and ruined 2 police shirts

10. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

Yeah I was wondering if the Space Pen is high temp resistant, as well as low temp? Or I could just get the bullet one with a cap.

11. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

I don't think it's a quality issue, just that hot environments are tough on pens.

12. BobsBargains

BobsBargains Banned

I can't fault them otherwise. For what is a relatively cheap pen vs a disposable biro type pen which doesn't last long, i'll keep buying and using Parkers. Just not leave them in the hot car.

13. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Mine is a bullet, it has sat in the truck on hot Texas days with no issues.

14. masofnos

masofnos EDC Junkie!!!

It says it's resistant to very high temperatures. I've just ordered one, will be different having a pen that is just round with no clips or indents or anything like that

GeneralGlenn, Brtsmpsn, g_dan and 5 others like this.
  15. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

I've had the medium point the bullet comes with do something like this in my pocket. According to fisher, the ink is really a solid that is flash-melted by the friction of the moving Tungsten ball, and I wondered if body heat was enough to cause the ink to melt and seep out under pressure. EDCF members on another thread advised that the issue did not happen with fine points. I bought some fine refills, and I have never had the problem since. I've never left one sitting in a hot car.

16. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

Hmm maybe the simplest way would be just to have the random number site display the last 10 drawings done on that computer, their times (and how long ago), range of numbers to draw from and actual drawn. It would show if someone kept trying until they got the number they wanted.

GeneralGlenn, g_dan, Nekolf and 4 others like this.
  17. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

I outgrew this, and got a tackle box:
    [​IMG]
    It's pretty big. AA batteries for reference:
    [​IMG]
    It's also deep (2-layered) so I can keep bigger things below. For those looking for a way to organise their things I recommend tackle boxes. They're cheap and sturdy. I think someone dropped their set of drawers and spilled everything? I was gonna get a toolbox but tackle boxes usually have smaller compartments.

18. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

ManVsLawn This is my battery container:
    [​IMG]
    It's meant for AA batteries and has NEW/USED sections with a movable divider. But you can use any divided box about the same width. I actually have another box I also use, it's meant for odds and ends and much cheaper.

19. survivorman
    • In Omnia Paratus

survivorman Loaded Pockets

These Magnum boxes are awesome, i got two of those for fishing gear and they reall take a beating.

20. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

Update on bead as dangler:
    Superglue helped a bit, but it still tended to fall back into my pocket. Also, it loses its bend if you straighten it - I mean it's a bit fragile. Things to try: metal wire in paracord, bigger bead, just use the mantle from paracord (floppier is better), maybe a long fob will be better since it needs to rise up before it can fall in. I'm back to my P-7 for now. Also, putting only the KeySmart on since other things seem to nunchuck about.

Update on K.E.R.T.:
    KERT is great. It's cheap, it's sharp, it's made of ok steel, it doesn't have an obvious bottle opener. But as a letter and package opener... It needs to be kept very sharp to cut envelopes. Also, once you cut tape or thick plastic with it, it needs to be sharpened. So it's kinda high maintenance. I'm thinking of switching back to my liberated blade.

GeneralGlenn, Unagi42, Nekolf and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.