1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EveryDayBeer's every day gear.

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by EveryDayBeer, Dec 13, 2012.

1. will smith

will smith Empty Pockets

The red para chord really sets off the brass. Love it! Where did you score the brass bead with trit?

2. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the kind words. The brass bead with trits was produced by forum member OplonTactical. There is a thread discussing his (and other makers') beads here.

Just got a huge haul of clips, swivels and rings in. Maybe it's time I update my stuff. :bounce:

GiraffeHooves and Kinzei like this.
  3. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Finally updated my gear enough to post. Aside from losing something that is. Goodbye Atwood dice begleri, I will miss you! :(

Got this from the B/S/T at an amazing price. Good thing I had the money saved for a Spyderco Lava, waiting on restock.

[​IMG]

Spyderco Domino.

[​IMG]

Here it is with it's lil bro. My trusty ol' Dragonfly 2 in ZDP-189. Paid more for the Dragonfly 2 than the Domino. Going to have to drink a Lucky Bastard today. Cheers to critizen on his anniversary!

fast, sliverhawk, Gallows and 13 others like this.
  4. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Can't believe I'm gonna say this,(not a spyderco fan) but that is a good looking knife! Nice score!

5. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Just a little follow up. Replaced the stock clip with a lowrider clip from USAknifemaker that I had sitting around. Had to grind the holes out a lil bit to make it fit. So it's a bit torn up. Look what I found out after I got it to fit properly.

[​IMG]

Crappy cell phone pics, my apologies. But you get the idea. Here's one more.

[​IMG]

My only thought was "Fffffffff!" I guess I could bend the clip inwards. Maybe that would help with retention by causing material to pinch?

I'm very happy with the knife itself. But this clip problem is grating.

6. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Alright the Christmas rush is finally over... Here's hoping everyone got their stuff on time! Christmas being over means.. transfer time! I finally get to start my new job. My first piece of work-issue gear at my new assignment brought a tear to my eye. Look!

[​IMG]
    It is a machine panel access key. But look at the topside (pictured) hmm... See the rectangular nameplate, just begging to be stamped or engraved?

And here it is being used at home!
    [​IMG]

Somewhat related; was looking for info on the key. Instead, found this video of a sneaky bugger (not me but I've done his job before too) in my old facility filming the actual machines in operation. That's a strange coincidence.

7. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

[​IMG]
    Current work EDC. Blame the beverage for the burgundy fascination.

[​IMG]
    This just in. The inside is kinda toothy too, good because it functions as a choke for wrist retention a bit better.

8. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Next picture is to show the change of the bead in use. It's been working nicely as a pull instead of fumbling in my pocket.
    [​IMG]
    Can't see it too well from the picture but the bead is brighter on the edges from impacts. Like new craters or something. :p

[​IMG]
    Finally got around to anodizing some of the titanium scrap STR sent me. Had some fun. Diet coke didn't really work out, but a crapton of baking soda worked just fine. Now to settle on a color and work up the courage to anodize my Techno!

[​IMG]
    Probably going for the blue in the middle of either piece. It is an easy 3x 9v batteries. So maybe ten bucks for materials, if I don't mess it up I'll be happy. :D

9. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

[​IMG]
    A treasure bag!

[​IMG]
    High loot roll!

[​IMG]
    Much smaller than expected. Goodness me. Will take more pics with other knives tomorrow.

10. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Well. That was a long tomorrow. Just so I'm not a liar, here's that picture.
    [​IMG]
    Here's hoping two others counts as a bunch. :p

Completely unrelated, I finally received my work toolbox. Good thing about the wait is I got to pick which one I wanted. Since none of them are currently up to date stock-wise it kinda didn't matter which one I grabbed. Horrible in-a-hurry phone pics incoming!

[​IMG]
    This sucker has a battering ram add-on. Plus a basket for Toto it seems. Not sure what to do with that bit.

[​IMG]
    Plenty of real estate on the backside for stickers! Trying to find a good font for my last name. Maybe have it plasma cut out of titanium.:D

[​IMG]
    This platform will likely be a small stage for paracord army men. With magnets. Want one to hang over the edge like he's falling, see if someone on another shift saves him.

11. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

The below are not immediately EDC-related. Found them at work while using my free time. There's some jokers around.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will, however, be EDCing this Atwood Terminator.

[​IMG]

fast, sliverhawk, QuodErat and 8 others like this.
  12. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

[​IMG]
    (Slightly recycled pic. To show progression.)

fast, sliverhawk, Gallows and 5 others like this.
  13. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Been a while. EDC hasn't changed too much. Picked up a bunch of work EDC on their dime though. :D Here's one that I received as a refresher this week; after five weeks out on vacation and jury service.
    [​IMG]
    Soz for portrait format; was taken as I was making tracks to the locker room to stash it for later.

The rest of this post will be comparisons of the Gamblemade Gearpull vs. the Mini D with approximations of the pinch point measurement.

[​IMG]
    For some idea of size.

[​IMG]
    The Gearpull (in brass) has a roughly 3mm pinch point. The Mini-D is just a tad under 2mm. So it grips jeans at the fold but barely. Like, at least you can feel it going over them. Not a firm hold; being that it is titanium I'm sure you could heat it and try for a little more. The curve wouldn't be as nice once you were done though.

[​IMG]
    Had to dig stuff out of the Skinth for the measurements. Pocketwrench has mm and the Peak is to read the measurements off. They're inset but not colored, hard to make out in the gloomy sunlight.

14. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thanks for the comparison on the Gambles, EveryDayBeer! I've been wanting a clip that is a bit larger than a P7, but still clips tight enough to the pocket. Looks like I will keep looking ;)

GiraffeHooves and vegassprky like this.
  15. Doraemon

Doraemon Loaded Pockets

Nice! The clips don't touch? That's odd. Does anyone know if the P7 has a gap?

GiraffeHooves and vegassprky like this.
  16. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Ok been a long while. Recycling this here to track progression.

[​IMG]

17. GiraffeHooves

GiraffeHooves EDC Junkie!!!!!

You have some awesome knives and prybars. Really cool beads too.

18. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thank you kindly. One of the prybars disappeared on the job, though. :( Making do with a CountyComm steel prybar, don't think the STR is coming back.

[​IMG]
    Posted here for progression tracking. New wallet. No more chasing screws.

19. GiraffeHooves

GiraffeHooves EDC Junkie!!!!!

You are very welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your prybar. How did it disappear?

20. Gallows
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gallows EDC Junkie!!!!!

Nice gear EveryDayBeer it sucks loosing a piece of gear and worse when someone takes it which I hope wasn't the case.