1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Evernote

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by willofgod, Aug 1, 2008.

1. willofgod

willofgod Empty Pockets

Does anyone use Evernote.com and if so, do you have a device that uses the mobile version of their application... and it the mobile version any good at all?

2. V a a m Y o b

V a a m Y o b Loaded Pockets

I have it running on a few macs and my iphone.
    The iphone app is not as feature rich as the desktop app, it can't edit rtf'ish files so I use markdown and keep my notes plain text.
    It's convenient for capturing a picture, with some text in it and have the system do some sort of OCR so I can search for the embedded text.

3. Smokey

Smokey Empty Pockets

I have it on a U3 flash drive. There is a U3 version. I can send info to evernote from any net connected computer. and retrieve it at home. leaves no footprint on host computer.

4. Rocket Jones

Rocket Jones Empty Pockets

Sorry, can't help. I don't use the mobile version, but I love the desktop... unless you mean putting it on a thumb drive for portability. I use that feature to synch multiple computers.

5. willofgod

willofgod Empty Pockets

6. UNIT24UK

UNIT24UK Empty Pockets

you can also twitter to it,so any interesting bits you see you can send to evernote to save

7. emarkd

emarkd Empty Pockets

i second the mobile version mentioned by willofgod. works well. on my phone (lg voyager), it's much faster to make a note by texting it to my evernote email address. retrieving the note requires logging in through the phone's web browser, which takes a little longer but still works very well.

8. RobertPCS

RobertPCS Empty Pockets

I use it for everything. I keep several permanent and temporary "folders" in it that get a ton of use. As an example, I am planning a trip this summer to Puerto Rico. Every time I get an email with a confirmation, check out a website with a activity we want to do, etc I just drag it into evernote. I have my entire itinerary, plus every reservation confirmation and even entire websites saved.

It automatically updates everything, so from any kiosk computer, or my iphone, or itouch, or laptop its all synced.

I even have a folder for EDC. when I see something cool that I want, I snap a picture with my iphone and send it to that folder. Website...same thing.

Anyway its a very cool application with TONS of possibilities.

9. Atomic

Atomic Loaded Pockets

Yes. Only I just started so I don't have many notes. So far I love it and here are some ways I use both mobile and destop. (Or will when the situation rises.)

Notebooks. I recently was promoted to foreman so I have need to write things down. I do this in a notebook. Some things are only useful for a day or a few hours, but some things are useful forever. I take a snapshot of those things with the camera on my Android powered phone and make an evernote out of it.

Snapshot of time sheets. Never have to worry about my guys asking me how many hours were we supposed to have if one check comes up short.

Todo stuff. You can make the list checkable. That's neat. For grocery lists too.

Songs that I want to remember to look up later. You can write lyrics or make a voice note recording.

Of course there are many other ways but I only just started and can't think of them right now heh. Maybe I'll make a note to remember that.

10. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

They used to have a portable app version but d/c that. Which sucks cause I could really use it at work.

11. spinacle

spinacle Loaded Pockets

Using with my mac (business and personal) and with my iPhone. All are sync. It's a good software.