1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ever met another EDC'er?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by A.D.D.i.c.t., Jul 6, 2011.

1. HybridMomentsPass

2. lnytunes

lnytunes Loaded Pockets

My co-worker is one. He spotted my flashlight one day and then he showed me his. We got to talking about gear and what we have in our pockets as opposed to what we have in the bags we carry. It's pretty cool.

3. Shur
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

My first run in was short. I was sitting across from a buy on the bus and noticed a small (2-3" total length) 'river knife' dangling from his backpack shoulder strap. I liked it because it looked like a solid piece of yellow plastic. I really surprised him when I asked him where he got it. Unfortunately it was over 20 years old and I haven't seen another like it.

My last one was the guy working behind the counter at my local knife store. He was a really good guy and seemed to enjoy chatting about more than just the knives under the glass. Lately it's just been the owners at the store and after having them explain to me that they don't carry Spyderco because they're mostly junk and that I shouldn't bother with a Griptillian because again, they're junk... I really just go in to see if I can get some hands on time with a knife before I buy it online.

wildborego likes this.
  4. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Well I met her today. I was working in the area, finishing up somepaperwork in the truck, when I Looked up and saw her pass me. I wouldn't have known it was her without the messenger bag except that she was stylishly dressed and had a carpenter's type belt pouch on with scissors and pens and all kinds of stuff! I jumped out of the truck and tlalked to her for a few minutes. Told her about EDCF and as I was driving away she was checking it out on her phone:) She totally dug the Skinth SAKplumber MKII.
    Anyway, I hope she doesn't just become a lurker. Theres room for another cool lady here;)

pacman, Fukurai, kd7dvd and 1 other person like this.
  5. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

Guess I'm lucky, I live in a rather un-EDC-friendly environment, yet I work with a few EDCers. My boss is never without his cherished Swiss Army Knife (good ol' fashioned Recruit), although he doesn't carry a multitool or flashlight, cos he knows he can borrow 'em from me. :D (No complaints; he's also a trained EMT and on the companies medical emergency response team, so I haven't bothered with a work FAK, since he's got that big ol' bag of First Aid under his desk.) Also, I was working with our operations manager setting up our new servers, when I saw him whip out a SAK (Deluxe Tinker, excellent choice!), so we got to talking SAKs, he owns a few. And my fellow developer in the next cubicle is a scoutmaster, and is never without his old-skool Wave, LED Lenser flashlight and folding knife, we discuss EDC tools often; but whereas I'm always looking for the New Hotness, he always finds his current tools just fine thankyouverymuch. To each his own!

6. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I'm still working on a kid at work, he's 19 and carries a Leatherman Rebar. Now I see a Swisstool hanging off his keychain. He said he has no use for a light but he's an EDCer for sure, now to get him to join the forum.

SAKplumber likes this.
  7. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

I work with a few guys that are EDCers, I think one of them is on the site, or he atleast knew of it when I mentioend it. My wife carrys all kinds of crap in here purse and diaper bag, but very little of it is use full. I put a FAK togethr for her, and found it in the junk drawer a few motnh later. I tried to get her a leather man for work(she does IT) and she scoffed at me buying her a "knife", and she thinks my flash ligths are the dumbst thing ever, even when she needs to use one.

8. 72hours

72hours Loaded Pockets

Haven't met anyone who carries more than a knife, or a multitool.......
    But I gave my wife a little plastic box to slip in her schoolbag, purse or whatever, during her first year of school (her 2nd degree), since she can end up working with quite large animals, out in far off places, and uni students can be quite accident prone. Just threw a few first aid items (gauze, tape, bandaids, triple antibiotic ointment, etc), a small SAK, a cheap chinese 9-LED flashlight, a hair elastic or two, some girly supplies like flavoured lip gloss, etc, an energy bar and some other little things. The first time she used her SAK to cut some strings on something in class when no one had scissors or knives, she came home all excited.
    She has dutifully carried that thing everywhere, using from it, adding to it, taking it from whatever purse she used at the dinner party last night, and placing it into her backpack or sling pack for school. The SAK now hangs on her keychain. I'm going to try and get her a little leatherman multi tool with an engraving for her 5th, and last, year of school, as she'll be away and driving and working for most of it.
    I meet her all the time......

keith1234, SAKplumber and kertap75 like this.
  9. 72hours

72hours Loaded Pockets

Sorry, double-post

10. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I found out during camp that one of the boys there is a lurker 'round here. :) That was fun.

I also just got my best friend dreaming up her Skinth after I told her about it yesterday. I'll be splitting the cost of her customized one 50/50 as her Christmas gift this year. She's still thinking up exactly what she wants but has already made one heck of a list. :p She'll probably swing around here soon enough to talk to Metro. ;) Fun stuff. :)

I also got her interested in the idea of EDC after making her a little "school survival kit" last year. I just got a little heavy duty zip baggy and filled it up with OTC medication, some girly stuff, a snack, and some small FAK items. :) She loved it and it came in quite handy around campus, not only for herself, but also for her classmates. :bounce:

SAKplumber likes this.
  11. critizen

critizen Loaded Pockets

My father is about the only other person I know that could be considered an EDCer. I guess that's where I got it from.

12. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Sadly, I have to say, no not really. I think they're out there, but like me, I think most try pretty hard to conceal everything. Already get too much ribbing from my family about it. But I'd love to do a pocket dump with a live person sometime.

13. mrpink

mrpink Banned

i met one at an earthday festival. a survivalist of sorts. he had all types of edc gear. but one that i noticed was that all his gear was KA KA.

sad if he was in an emergancy and had to depend on that cheapo gear.

14. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Met one today. Came to my house to finish a job. Had a lanyard sticking out of his LFP and a deepcarry knife clip in his RFP. Long discussions about edc and firearms. Very good time. Recommended he sign in to EDCF.com. He has been a lurker. Very well educated man:)

Fukurai and keith1234 like this.
  15. jda

jda Loaded Pockets

Totaly off topic, but :censored: is going on in your avitar?

16. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

It looks like an alligator with a deer in its mouth.

17. jda

jda Loaded Pockets

That was my first guess, but thats either a huge gator of a small deer.

18. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Yeah... I'm not too fond of deer - they're my greatest risk to life, limb and pursuit of happiness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. jda

jda Loaded Pockets

:censored: is about to hit the fan for that deer.

Where are you that the deer are that small?

20. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

I'm not far from NYC, but these aren't my pix.... just some off the net for my I-hate-deer collection. But yeah, the deer aren't all that big around here, I'd say does ~ 200 lbs, but the bucks get big.