1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ever met another EDC'er?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by A.D.D.i.c.t., Jul 6, 2011.

1. Fukurai
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fukurai EDC Junkie!!!!!

How do you carry a kitchen sink ???

Kidplunge likes this.
  2. llamaman

llamaman Loaded Pockets

sadly not a lot of people at my college edc anything, however I have a few friends that will usually have a knife on them. however none of them have lights on them.

3. Moxnil

Moxnil Loaded Pockets

I get mocked for EDCing, but always the "go to guy" for a knife, or torch. Very few people I know edc anything more than a phone and a wallet, although I've seen a few people with pocketknives on occasion.

4. kruspe

kruspe Loaded Pockets

No, but I once met someone who knew about CPF.

Sent from my toilet.

5. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

^ kruspe, I was about to reply to this thread when I noticed "Sent from my toilet". Truly funny. Totally made my day. Thanks for that. As for the reply... I come across a fair number of people who carry a knife daily and a handful of people that have a MT or flashlight on them. Rarely does anyone have more that one item most of us would consider standard EDC. Even those that do, have no idea there is something called EDC despite the fact that they do indeed carry the same items every single day. Heck, some of us have wives or girlfriends that carry gear daily and I doubt any of them consider themselves to be EDC'ers. In the end, EDC is more the way we think about what we carry than the items themselves and most people don't think that way.

6. JasonAre

JasonAre Banned

I met a guy with an Emerson CQC-7 and not knowing anything about knives asked him which flea market he got it at. He then proceeded to teach me about good knives.

7. Haubitz

Haubitz Loaded Pockets

I don’t. But for some reason the people in my surrounding have stopped asking me if I’ve got e.g. a screwdriver. They just assume that I’ve got it.

We recently went on a kick-off event with my company in the northern parts of Sweden. During a dog sleigh trip one of my colleagues complained about the cold and that her fingers were freezing. I rapidly pulled out a pair of disposable hand warmers from my mini EDC organizer and the day was saved. Of course this further strengthened the assumption that I’ve got “everything” with me all the time, but I don’t mind that. ;D

8. sveqs

sveqs Loaded Pockets

he must have had a good laugh :)

now that's a very good idea, my son would have really loved that when his gloves froze through while playing in the briefly present snow last week :) gotta remember them for the next season. Any specific ones you use or just generic pop-to-heat warmers?

9. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

I carry those hand warmers as well. Came in handy the other day when my girl told me my hands were like ice. So I broke those out to warm them up.

10. bzimmerly

bzimmerly Loaded Pockets

That's how I got into the hobby. :agree:

From my days as a Boy Scout (late 60's) until now, the one consistent EDC item I always carried was a SAK. One day, I was visiting a friend's home and when I walked down to his "man cave" it was too dark to see ... it was THAT experience that made me search out for an EDC flashlight ... but the one thing that tipped me into the man-purse carrying habit was I hate not having clean hands, and had to carry hand sanitiser everywhere I go.

As a HAM, I often see people gear-laden at Hamfests, some of whom I am sure are fellow EDC'ers. If any on this forum are planning on going to the Dayton Hamvention this year, perhaps we could get together and share stories at a local restaurant near the Hamvention?

http://www.hamvention.org/

On any given day, I could be carrying a Kato, Neatfreak, or Malaga ... ALL with a "Zimmerly" patch on it. ;D

11. HybridMomentsPass

"ever meet another EDCer?"

every day.
    I see someone each and every day that carries specific items with them daily.
    Keys, cell, wallet etc
    Its not uncommon.

12. HybridMomentsPass

"ever meet another EDCer?"

every day.
    I see someone each and every day that carries specific items with them daily.
    Keys, cell, wallet etc
    Its not uncommon.

13. OpusX

OpusX Loaded Pockets

Another Eagle Scout and Ham here. Being a kid in scouts it just became second nature to have a gerber tool or pocket knife, so I've carried one ever since. I see guys with kifaru and maxpedition murses all the time. Granted they are my friends, but still :D .

14. Haubitz

Haubitz Loaded Pockets

In my experience all disposable hand warmers work as proclaimed (at least of the ones I’ve tried). I’ve read however that some heat bags are made from paper rather than fabric. The paper ones can apparently leak, so be aware. One more thing that’s good to be aware of is the fact that they have a limited shelf life.

15. Haubitz

Haubitz Loaded Pockets

Do you really not understand what A.D.D.i.c.t. meant when he started this thread? :wha:

16. Makahbay

Makahbay Banned

Not formally, but I was once asked if I was a USN member. Took me a while to figure that one out.

17. Azwaiian
    • In Omnia Paratus

Azwaiian Loaded Pockets

I just learned that a buddy of mine at work EDC's! He is a quiet guy and for whatever reason, I didn't think he was someone who EDC'd. He and I were having a conversation about Doomsday Preppers and he told me he always has a Bug Out Bag with him. My jaw dropped, even more so, after he pulled it out of his vehicle and showed it to me. We were still in the parking lot, at work, speaking about EDC goodies an hour after our shift was done!

He's going online this week to spend $500.00 to fill a new EDC bag that he just purchased. I've directed him to this Forum and the Forum store to help fill his new B.O.B.

18. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

You might have missed my earlier post. Here it is if you are interested:

19. GADGET982

GADGET982 Loaded Pockets

EDC'rs are pretty common out here in west Texas. People here carry as a matter of everyday life simply because help/the right tool/whatever may be many miles away.

20. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Here in upstate NY I see more people carrying knives and quite a few with a flashlight of some sort from keychain to MiniMaglite. Also people up here are more accepting of you carrying then when I lived in NJ. I met one guy at the store I work in he wanted to know what I had in the holster on my belt, I told him it was a Surefire E1B. He then showed me his light, it looked to be a Surefire incan. I then asked him if he knew about the forum he wasn't interested.