1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ever Lost Anything From Your EDC

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by gooseman1991, Mar 19, 2013.

1. perryw

perryw Loaded Pockets

I lost my Fisher bullet pen this week. I had it for over a year, which is a pretty good run for me. That is why I cannot have nice things!

2. chaka

chaka Loaded Pockets

Just lost my victorinox minichamp. :mad::mad::mad:

3. VikingMania

VikingMania Empty Pockets

I lost my leatherman squirt.... I loved that thing!

4. Firepoint

Firepoint Loaded Pockets

My virginity......but I didn't get too upset about it.

I've lost so many things over the years. Knives, watches, fountain pens, memory cards, tools like wrenches and sockets. Power adapters/ rechargers for portable electronics seems to be the biggest :censored:. In the 21st century, can't electronics companies just use the same freakin voltage adapters already. Can't USB just charge everything so I don't need 50 different warts for charging.

ManVsLawn and znapschatz like this.
  5. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

In my case, it's not what I have I lost, but what will I lose next. Lost a pocket knife from CRKT. I think it took a week to notice. -:)

6. BIRDS!

BIRDS! Loaded Pockets

I lost my Zebralight h51w last year, still miss that light. Had a Victorinox Recruit that disappeared, had a bag stolen which had my Buck 110, paracord, and flashlight among other things, and I also lost a Gerber Obsidian that was gifted to me by my gf into a river we were kayaking. She wasn't very happy about that.

7. Tactical&Practical

Tactical&Practical Loaded Pockets

Well I would like to say that this is why I joined the forum! I was reading things online about people losing knives and I stumbled on this site. Someone said that they had lost their knife and then later updated everyone that they found it and it was pretty much hiding in plain sight. That was the exact case for me. I lost my knife and was looking for it for roughly three weeks. I was about to give up and I checked down the side of the chair and there it was! I was so surprised because I had looked there before. Anyways, my Kershaw is the only thing I have lost (but luckily found). I have never lost something permanently, just misplaced a couple items:D

gooseman1991 likes this.
  8. Katjang1

Katjang1 Loaded Pockets

Just found out that my Military Fisher Space Pen is gone..:(

9. Kasjan_the_Unready

Kasjan_the_Unready Loaded Pockets

I'm on my third Swiss-tech Utili-key, and I've lost every pen that costs over 1$ (except the one on my keychain). Otherwise, they all tend to turn up eventually.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  10. Radley
    • In Omnia Paratus

Radley Uber Prepared

I thought the same thing earlier today, so I posted a new topic with the same subject, I lost my LM Wave and eagletac d25c last week and eventually found them in different places around 5 days later, I was so happy I posted a thread. It's a great feeling to know you haven't lost such good kit. Nice to know it happens to other people as well.

gooseman1991 likes this.
  11. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

Lost my Preon 1 at work today. Was jumping in and out of the truck and carrying a bunch of equipment. :( Wasn't in the seat when I went to return the truck

12. Joelcsterner

Joelcsterner Empty Pockets

Once I lost a gerber fast action knife, I was upset, then i found it and realized how crappy it was lol

13. Tranx

Tranx Loaded Pockets

Last friday, I lost the main part of my true edc :
    -yellow spyderco ladybug (parially serrated): (I have this about 20 years, and it was with me every day)
    -arc aaa P: I have it I think about 10 years? (It cost me about 100 USD cost + mailing + customs ) Since I got it, it was always in my pocket.
    -fox 40 whistle (filed to make it smaller. see equipped.org)
    Bundled together with some yellow rope.
    This is my frist EDC loss.
    It's not only the material loss, but the fact that it has been with me for so many "adventures and important points in my life" (emotional value).
    I already posted this in an other thread, but since it also belongs here, I tought I might also post it here.

My sincere toughts to all the ones with EDC losses.

greetings,
    Tranx

14. gooseman1991

gooseman1991 Loaded Pockets

How did you lose all that at once?

15. Domain

Domain Loaded Pockets

Haven't lost anything yet. I have loaned out a couple things.

16. Tranx

Tranx Loaded Pockets

They were all connected together with a short piece of yellow rope.
    It was my "tool keychain" (minimal carry).
    I think they fell out of my pocket when taking my handkerchief.
    I've been tracking my steps back without success.

Bundling them together, as an aftertought, seems not to have been the best idea.
    When putting them all loose in my pocket, think they will be hader to retrieve ...

So I've got some things to think about when organising my new edc.

At the moment I have a black victorinox classic sd and a Fenix E05 as EDC.
    I'm on the lookout for a new spyderco ladybug, manbug or fragonfly because I really liked that spyderco (small, good cutter, lock, one handed).

17. gooseman1991

gooseman1991 Loaded Pockets

I have always been worried about that kind of stuff so I tend not to keep more than one or two things in each pocket. That's a real drag. Have you considered possibly a suspension clip on some things to keep that from happening again?

Goose

18. SouthCarolinaMike

SouthCarolinaMike Loaded Pockets

Lost my first EDC knife, SOG twitch II. But I look at it in a good light, cause it forced me to search out a new knife and now I have several. So it forced me to move on adapt and overcome. I get asked ALOT about what would happen if I lost my SNG, my answer is simple. When you pay as much for something that nice you tend to keep good track of it, or at least I do.

19. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

I lost my EDC light (4sevens Titanium Mini CR2 model) once and went crazy for days looking for it. I had carried it daily for 2 years. I ended up ordering the regular black aluminum Mini MLR2 after finally giving up. Some time later, I ended up finding my Ti Mini in the pocket of a suit I rarely wear. I had last worn it to a baptism the weekend I "lost" it. Now I have two EDC flashlights. :rolleyes:

20. JustinJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

JustinJ Loaded Pockets

Spyderco Bug. found it under my computer keyboard a couple weeks after. that thing is tiny!

microbe likes this.