1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Evade nylon... 500D or 1050D Ballistic?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by benhar, Mar 10, 2020.

1. benhar

benhar Loaded Pockets

Need some help... I pre-ordered the Evade 1.5 in 1050D ballistic, but am wondering if I would have liked the 500D better. Can anyone who has both explain the pros and cons of each (feel, wear, stiffness, collecting hair/lint, etc.)? Not really worried about weight.

Only real reference points I have are my old-model TB Synapse 25 in cordura, and my ballistic TB Aeronaut. But the 500D Evade nylon doesn't quite look like either one of those.

RED-FIVE and chaosmagnet like this.
  2. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I have an Evade 2.0 in 1050D and the Evade 1.5 in 500D. Both are fantastic. I've been using the 1.5 exclusively since I got it, but that's due to its size rather than due to the material -- the 2.0 proved to be a bit bigger than optimal for my main uses. The 1050D is a bit stiffer, as you would expect, and I prefer the texture of the 1050D a bit more. While the 1050D is obviously more rugged I have had zero problems with it in three months of heavy use, with tens of thousands of air miles and and about the same in road miles during that time.

If I could do it all over again I don't think I'd have changed anything. My bet is that you'll be happy with either.

Neither seem to collect hair or lint much.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  3. benhar

benhar Loaded Pockets

So this is a really late response, but I appreciate the help! Guess it’s a good thing you gave the ballistic nylon the thumbs up because pre-orders closed basically the night I posted the question lol. Thanks again!

chaosmagnet likes this.
  4. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Late to this reply but I always asked one question.......do you have any pets at home? You'd be surprised that no one thinks about this and the 500D just picks up all that hair and you would need that clothes roll to clean it all the time. With the 1050D you don't have to worry about it! Or the 420D for that matter.