1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Eugene Oregon Knife Show and Gun Show - 4/12

Discussion in 'Trade Shows & EDCF Gatherings' started by MedusaOblongata, Apr 7, 2014.

1. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

This coming Saturday 4/12 is the Oregon Knife Collectors Association annual knife show at the Lane County Fairgrounds in Eugene. At the same location is also a Collectors West Gun Show.

I'll be there, and I've talked to a few other EDCers who are going as well.

The shows are $6 each, and I think parking is free. Address is 796 West 13th. Exit 197B from the 5. Knife show is open 8am-5pm and gun show is 9am-5pm. (they're open on Sunday also, but close earlier).

I went to the knife show last year and it was great, lots of custom makers as well as retailers, knife parts, sheaths, and sharpening services.

It would be cool if a bunch of us could meet up there.

2. KODIAKman

KODIAKman EDC Junkie

I'll be there. Might be bringing my buddy if he can get a sitter. I haven't been to the Eugene one in several years, should be fun and look forward to meeting anybody who can make it.

3. Lou_G

Lou_G Banned

Sounds like a good show. My Dad turns 68 on Friday and is coming down for a barbecue at my brother's on Saturday, so I won't be able to make it. I am hoping to make the next Portland gun show on the last weekend of this month.

Have a good one guys!

KODIAKman likes this.
  4. Iragon

Iragon Loaded Pockets

I will be there on Sunday morning with my stepdad. But don't think we will be able to stay for long tho, we want to go to other places too.

Anyone knows the Eugene knife laws? I've heard they have something different than the rest of Oregon, wondering if concealed carry my ESEE Izula would be illegal.

5. MedusaOblongata

I checked the city's website, and found only this:

6. Iragon

Iragon Loaded Pockets

Looks like ESEE Izula is ok to concealed, thanks for the info!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

7. KODIAKman

KODIAKman EDC Junkie

So those of you going on Saturday, what time are you going to be there? Should we set a time and spot to meet up and say hi? Not sure the best way to go about this. I'm going to be camping off the Mckenzie river, so I'll just drive into Eugene Saturday. Probably be there mid-morning. My buddy and will be looking at both the gun show and the knife show. We plan on a few hours. So I'm pretty open from 10:30 till 1 or so.

8. MedusaOblongata

I'm hoping to get there by 12 or so, but likely it would be closer to 1. Working till midnight makes mornings hard to do.
    I'll be doing the knife show first, then the gun show.

9. KODIAKman

KODIAKman EDC Junkie

Well ill be here for quite a bit longer. Only half way through the knives. I'm wearing carharts and black beanie and black shirt. Great show so far.

10. MedusaOblongata

I had a great time at the knife show and the gun show. I successfully avoided spending too much money (never sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing), but there was an incredible selection of custom, production, and old knives.
    It was great to meet KODIAKman in person.
    To the rest of you - you really missed out. Mark next year's date on the calendar now!

11. KODIAKman

KODIAKman EDC Junkie

Great to meet you to too MedusaOblongata. It was by far one of the best knife shows I have been too. I got to fondle/drool over so many sharps, we almost went back the next day. Probably a good thing I didn't. The wifey would not have been too happy:)

12. Stutz

Stutz EDC Junkie

The wording in that Eugene city code is identical to the Oregon state law. I can't figure out how it applies to concealed non-dirk/dagger fixed blades, though, and that sort of makes me wary about concealing fixies. If you go to oregonlaws.org/ors/166.240 you'll see this blurb on the sidebar about a 1986 case:

"Where defendant was indicted and convicted for carrying concealed about his person a six inch Survival Knife, not an ordinary pocketknife, this section, as applied to facts, was not unconstitutionally vague and overbroad. State v. Witherbee, 79 Or App 36, 717 P2d 661 (1986)"