1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

esee laser strike or buck punk

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Rocket2012, May 14, 2013.

1. Rocket2012

Rocket2012 Loaded Pockets

Fondled both and have watched and read up on both and Im on the fence. Hoping somone can push me a little. Looking for a good mid weight all around camp/backpacking blade. Chopping and batoning lightly, that sort of typical thing. This will be my first fixed blade knife so Im sorry for the ignorance.

2. jacobwilson99

jacobwilson99 Loaded Pockets

My vote for the Buck.
    Also, maybe an Ontario SP52 or SP46 depending on your desired length.

3. Steffen

Steffen Loaded Pockets

haven't held any of them, but i would go for the esee based on the sheath.

4. Saugiklis

Saugiklis Loaded Pockets

My vote also goes to Laserstrike ;)

5. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

The Punk is about an inch longer than the Laser Strike, isn't it? Based on that, I would go with the Punk, as I find about 6" an ideal blade length for a camp knife.

However, if you want to compare the Punk to an ESEE, the ESEE 5 would fit the bill better than the Laser Strike, I believe. You could even consider an ESEE 6, but those are even bigger.

6. Rocket2012

Rocket2012 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for all the input. Picked these up today after some more fondling. I liked the slightly more compactness of tge esee over the punk. Local shop threw in an izula for an extra 30 bucks so Im gonna go beat on em this weekend. [​IMG]

deeker, bigguy02 and Steffen like this.
  7. Racer

Racer Loaded Pockets

Those Bucks look nice, but what's up with the edgy names? I'm not sure I want my knife reminding me that I'm a punk ;)

8. hawkeye180

hawkeye180 Loaded Pockets

I have only held a Buck Punk, I do own a Esee Laser Strike though.

I like that the Punk has a longer blade, but the handle is not very comfortable and it has no jimping. The sheath is nice but I prefer kydex.

I have owned the Laser Strike for about three weeks now and I have done a fair bit of fire making with it and I really enjoy it. The handle is very comfortable while batoning, the choil is perfectly placed so that you can choke up for more precision work. Esee 1095 retains its edge well.

The blade shape is great for splitting. The knife is light, but it is heavier than the Punk though. I picked the Laser Strike because I wanted a heavier blade for a little more chopping utility.