1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ergodyne Trauma EMT pack other uses? Pics-

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RFA3, Sep 2, 2013.

1. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I have been a professional artist/Illustrator for over 25 years now and also a bag nut always on the lookout for new ways to carry gear for on site sketching and painting. I came accross this medic backpack on Ebay for $60 bucks plus $10 shipping.I ended up finding it at a webstore called Safety Kings http://www.safetykings.com/arsenal-5243-emt-backpack-trauma-bag/#.UiR_pCqbtRM and got it cheaper $60 delivered.
    [​IMG]
    Decent straps and a cell holder included.
    [​IMG]
    I like the teardrop shape. The zippers are not YKK but seem strong. The back compartment opens on an angle so the bag wont tip over when unzipped. Also makes retrieving items easy
    [​IMG]

Inside there is many storage options. Mesh pockets,elastics for pens , lights,and 6 deep pockets.
    [​IMG]
    A removeable padded insert would be for delicate items or camera .
    [​IMG]
    This is what made me buy it. A large mesh pocket on the outside with compression straps I'm going to carry my tripod here for my easel.
    [​IMG]
    finally this is a pic from the site showing its real use as you can see plenty of storage options.
    The buckles are generic but it feels like 500d cordura stitching is bartacked and for 60 bucks how could I go wrong.It will be covered in paint in know time for my use.

2. switchblade906

switchblade906 Loaded Pockets

Thats pretty cool if 90% of what you carry is FAK items.

3. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

I think this pack can be sourced for all kinds of items other than FAK gear.I'm going to fill it with art supplies but I can see EDC items also working.Mesh pockets,slip pockets, compression straps over a deep front pocket ,water bottle holders ect.

4. mntnbkr1968

mntnbkr1968 Loaded Pockets

Awesome amount of little organization options. Good find for only $60. I love a bargain!!

5. switchblade906

Yes it could but it has a huge first aid symbol on the front of the bag so for me I wouldn't use it for anything else. If something were to happen to someone with you i the vicinity and you had that bag on you someone might perceive to think you had fist aid supplies and not pain brushes...

6. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

That's true I was going to sew some velcro on there for patches.

7. switchblade906

That would be a good idea