1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Eng1nerd's EDC (and other nerdy things)

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by eng1nerd, Jan 1, 2015.

1. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

I hope so! But I'm not holding my breath, we are both getting really antsy.

Additionally today was the day I set as the cut off for my work trip to Vegas. If she makes her appearance today I'll see you and johnny five next week. If she waits till tomorrow I won't be going on that trip. :eek:

2. RiderOnTheStorm

RiderOnTheStorm Loaded Pockets

Looks familiar, both of my kids have the stuff and love it.

3. johnny five

johnny five Loaded Pockets

Family first brother. .. I'm excited for you two. If you do make it here I'll bring the killer of your pry bar. I hope everything goes well and smoothly. ..

4. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

Oh absolutely, family is the first priority. This just happens to be the deciding day that I picked out several weeks back. So far she doesn't act like she has any interest in joining the outside world yet.

Playing the waiting game and getting phone calls from my wife has been like slow torture the last week. I'm more mentally prepared for a second child than I am another week of anticipation.

5. Dorian
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dorian EDC Junkie!!!

Dude you need to buy another knife you have an empty slot there!

6. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

I left the recruit from warchild in my pocket. I also have several dozen more in a box that aren't part of the edc rotation.

But...I could always use another knife...

7. Dorian
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dorian EDC Junkie!!!

Well then now you need another roll to see how many knifes you need!

8. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

You can see that the slots get wider on the right? They also get longer (taller), I have the bottom folded up behind what you can see and safety pinned. I was considering unfolding it and modifying the taller pockets to handle 2-3 knives. Maybe in my free time.

9. FeeSimpleAbsolute

FeeSimpleAbsolute Loaded Pockets

I recognize that brand; we have a couple of their trucks (since my son also does trains and trucks, sticks, balls, hiking; he is pretty much the stereotype of small boy that way). I'll have to look it up. Thanks.

10. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

My wife fell in love with the brand. I'm a fan too because the vast majority of their products don't have flashing lights, screens, or batteries. Tons of 'old fashioned' fun.

11. FeeSimpleAbsolute

FeeSimpleAbsolute Loaded Pockets

They are pretty great. The trucks are well put together, and the lack of extra sounds is wonderful. He has some other plastic trucks that all have sound, but they came to us (from my parents) without batteries, so he never really knew, and that is a blessing.

12. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Some posts have been removed in this thread in keeping with forum policy. Though tolerated for some time, personal threads like this one were never meant to be personal blogs or chat rooms.

Please take a moment to review this thread in the MEMBER RULES section of the forum:

Attention EDCF Members: Please Review the Member Rules and Forum Etiquette

If you have any questions about how these rules apply, please feel free to contact any staff member for clarification.

GeneralGlenn, Tegan's Dad and Dorian like this.
  13. GiraffeHooves

GiraffeHooves EDC Junkie!!!!!

I can only imagine how her body must be feeling at this time :) hopefully it'll happen soon and if not, it'll be nice to meet you in real life

14. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

Been quite a while since I participated in #knifethursday , so...

[​IMG]

The little kabar you see there I have no history on. I've owned it for years, don't know when our where I got it, and no idea how old it is. Just got it out the other day to sharpen it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I won't go as far as to say she's miserable, but she is ready for her arrival. She worked a full day today and claims that's easier than chasing a toddler.

The cut off day for my trip was yesterday so one of my co workers is filling in for me, cancelled my flights today. For now we'll just have to remain cyber friends.

15. GiraffeHooves

GiraffeHooves EDC Junkie!!!!!

I bet you all are :) I was uncomfortable towards the end and it's good to hear she's still doing full days work with no real issue :) That's fine and we can always have a get together later on

16. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

Stork call!

I'm proud to introduce you all to the newest addition to my everyday-everything.

Lucy joined us at 11:10pm Friday night (29th), coming in at 8lbs 3oz and 21.5". She and her mommy are both happy and healthy.

[​IMG]

17. BobsBargains

BobsBargains Banned

Congratulations mate. :dance:

18. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

There's something you need to know now, and it may be difficult for you, because you are an engineer. You understand math as a system of fixed relationships that never alter.
    As an EDC enthusiast, you may have noticed this is not always the case. Engineering math applies to watches. One is one. Two is one plus one at home somewhere. Three is one plus two in the sock drawer, etc. No one carries a spare watch.

With knives and flashlights, there's some degradation involved. Edges dull, batteries die, and little gizmos that aren't strapped to our bodies can be lost. With knives and lights, one is none, two is one, three is probably enough.

Children are different. Adding one child to one child produces exponential growth. One is one. Two is fifty. At the same time, the degradation effect is increased. As my grandfather said, if you have a son, you have a hand. If you have two sons, you have half a hand. If you have three sons, you have no hand at all.

So congratulations. And condolences.

Is that a Suunto Core on your wrist?

19. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

20. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

MTFatboy that's a relationship I've not heard before but can understand surprisingly well given my math mind.

And no, the watch is a moto 360.