1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Eneloop charger?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by dawgfan76, Jun 25, 2013.

1. dawgfan76
    • In Omnia Paratus

dawgfan76 Loaded Pockets

Can I just buy the batteries and use in any charger? Or, do they require a specific charger?

2. Si_K
    • In Omnia Paratus

Si_K Loaded Pockets

Should be ok in an AA/AAA charger (whatever batteries you have). I used a uniross charger when I first got mine. Now a nitecore I4 handles all of my charging needs.

3. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

They don't require it, but their warranty does....

From the Sanyo Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Will my eneloop battery charge in any other charger other than the eneloop charger?

It is strongly recommended to use eneloop, GE/Sanyo or Sanyo NiMh battery chargers. Most NiMh rechargeable battery chargers may be used to charge eneloop, however we only warranty eneloop if used with an eneloop, GE/Sanyo or Sanyo NiMh battery charger.​

ATB,
    Sam

4. dawgfan76
    • In Omnia Paratus

dawgfan76 Loaded Pockets

Aha, thank you both. I had not found the 'small print' yet.

5. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

I use the Intellicharger i4 on mine and it works great. :)

david57strat likes this.
  6. UrbanWarrior

UrbanWarrior Loaded Pockets

Of course they will say that so that you buy their charger.
    I want to buy these batteries and I already have a AAA/AA battery charger so I wasn't planning on using their charger so with that said if something goes wrong I can just buy new batteries seeing as I won't lie about using their charger when I know I didn't.

7. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

I don't have the model numbers on hand but the older Sanyo chargers that came with the Eneloops were individual-bay charging, the new ones as I understand charge in two separate bays (of 2). That makes chargers like the Intellicharger superior.

Then again, I wouldn't use a charger over another to keep a warranty on a $1.50 battery in-tact. I have no clue how annoying filing a warranty submission would be, lol, seems buying another pack of batteries would make more sense.

reppans, david57strat and Si_K like this.
  8. david57strat

david57strat EDC Junkie!!!

I use a La Crosse BC-700, primarily, for my AA and AAA Eneloops. It seems to work well. Sometimes, I'll use a Nitecore i4, but I prefer the BC-700, for these paricular batteries; but I notice that the BC-700 charger doesn't always terminate the charge properly, so I usually remove them, once they reach 1.4 volts or so.

9. MikeFromGermany

MikeFromGermany Loaded Pockets

I use the BC-700 (or BC-900), too. Seems like they're sold under different brand names. I often found them refered to as "Technoline BC-700". You can find them on Amaz*n.