1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Empty your pockets and take a picture

Discussion in 'Knives' started by 425KRS, Mar 30, 2017.

1. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

My job is IT related as well, nothing wrong with carrying around an EDC laptop bag or even a simple drawstring bag like a Mochibag or OscarDelta Stealth Snatch Bag to stay light and fast. Use a modular approach and organize with sub-loads so you can find what you need quickly. I only carry/wear it when needed (usually in the city), otherwise it stays in the house/car/office. Leaving it behind has never been a problem for me...

Bottom line, everyone's needs are different so if you don't mind carrying around all that stuff in your pockets all the time, more the power to you. My EDC philosophy is more of a minimalist + modular + layered approach so that the gear "disappears" and doesn't scream TACTICAL/EOTWAWKI.

[​IMG]

Last edited by ballistic, Mar 31, 2017
    #21 ballistic, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  2. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

Just curious. No judgement. Why so many, what appear to be, repetitive items

3. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

I did not receive the minimalist gene. I'd rather have something I don't need than need something I don't have. My job is building and grounds maintenance, taking care of multiple properties totalling 132 apartments plus common rooms, laundry facilities, etc. the newest of which was built in the mid 1980s. I dislike having to walk from a third floor apartment, down a couple of flights of stairs, along a couple hundred feet of hallway, across another couple hundred feet of grounds to the shop for a tool, then all the way back to the apartment to repair something. Sometimes it is unavoidable, but I tend to carry a lot of stuff around all the time to minimize that. And since a lot of the building construction is concrete, I wreck knife edges pretty regularly. I think my record is 9 blades in one day dulled beyond usefulness.

Not all of those tools are as redundant as they look, either. But if I wasn't running light, there would be more redundancy. "Two is one and one is none" philosophy.

[​IMG]

#23 Yablanowitz, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Water-Rat and Adahn like this.
  4. 425KRS

425KRS Loaded Pockets

This thread is awesome, thank you guys for participating so far. I find it very amusing/interesting what everyone here carries on an everyday basis. I mean this is the EDC forum, right?!

5. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Why is there only one big and one small blade on this redoubledouble SAK?

Can you tell me mote about that Kershaw folder?
    It's looking like the Malyshev Gnome (kind of a clone or better abandonware, so it's no danger to copy it).
    Does that flipper hook work like a wave opener in any way?

And finally, do you have a picture of the other side of this Regular (iirc) Sebenza?

The false edge is looking like from an Insingo blade but the handle is old style, even though I haven't seen it with that kind of fuller.
    But it's looking like a user which is much cooler than being a shelf queen.
    I'd really like to see a well used Sebenza blade :)

6. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

Only two blades on the Rerun because I ran out of springs for them.

7. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

It's a semi-custom Sebenza 25 Large Lefty. Previous owner had custom milled groves on the scales for better grip, then re-beadblasted.

Best knife I've ever owned, quality, fit are top notch. Locks up like a safe. Built for and deserves EDC.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#27 ballistic, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Adahn likes this.
  8. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Indeed, those lines are matching well.
    Reminds me of those Feltholters if I remember the name correctly :)

9. COfastwrx

COfastwrx Loaded Pockets

I carry pretty light in my pockets.

[​IMG]

10. That Movie Guy

That Movie Guy Loaded Pockets

Finally got around to doing a pocket dump.

Please, pay no attention to the reflection of the ugly photographer in the screen on my phone.

[​IMG]

11. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Would appreciate a list of things. There are things y'all might recognize, by color, shape, and appearance. Some of us folks from other countries can't always tell what it is. Please and thank you.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener.

12. dabluestuff

dabluestuff Uber Prepared

What do you not know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Right hand upper corner. Would assume Blistex lip balm, but next to it? One could be a lighter and the other? And the red thing? USB thumb drive by guess. On the cash could be nail clipper or cigar cutter.

14. dabluestuff

dabluestuff Uber Prepared

The thing on the top right is a breath freshener spray. That is indeed a lighter to the left of the blistex and stuff. The red thing is a thumb drive. And the think on the cash is a CRKT K.I.S.S..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Thank you kind Sir. Knowing that, I'd say "Mint over spray", but as we mentioned before, to each their own.

And now I'll go an check out the K.I.S.S..

16. That Movie Guy

That Movie Guy Loaded Pockets

Close my friends, but that's actually the little brother of the K.I.S.S. known as the P.E.C.K. Both designed by Ed Halligan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I primarily use it as a money clip but it also comes in handy for discreetly opening packages or trimming loose threads in less than knife-friendly environments.