1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Empty your pockets and take a picture

Discussion in 'Knives' started by 425KRS, Mar 30, 2017.

1. 425KRS

425KRS Loaded Pockets

This is pretty much my EDC. Of course it would also include my phone but I am using it to take the picture. And the knife I carry is rotated very frequently. I occasionally have a Ruger LCP II as well, but don't carry it on a daily basis.

[​IMG]

2. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I'm a firm believer in minimalist/honest EDC and have simplified things after years of carrying too much stuff that rarely, if ever got used. Other than what's pictured above and my iPhone 7, the only other pocket additions are a Declan cloth and Word pocket notebook & Standard Memorandum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#2 ballistic, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Adahn likes this.
  3. 425KRS

425KRS Loaded Pockets

So bottom lower right I assume is a flash light? And the smaller keychain has a pill container and I have no idea what the long metal thing is? Good array of stuff there.

4. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Bottom right is a Nitecore TIP light that gets attached to a breakaway tether to a belt loop for ease of deployment and retention, tucked away in my coin pocket. Small optional keychain is backup Ti MecArmy IllumineX-1 flashlight and stainless Picopen. Ti Key Smart has 3 keys, Ti MyKee inside and Ti MecArmy tritium glowbar.

Sebenza doesn't go inside a pocket, it gets tucked away in waistband appendix carry.

Keys/keychain go in jacket pocket when one is worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#4 ballistic, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    425KRS likes this.
  5. severdhed

severdhed Loaded Pockets

It takes a while to empty my pockets....

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Water-Rat likes this.
  6. 425KRS

425KRS Loaded Pockets

Wow! That is really impressive!

7. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Dayum!! I hope you wear suspenders!!

8. dabluestuff

dabluestuff Uber Prepared

[​IMG]

Here's my carry lately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adahn and severdhed like this.
  9. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Hmmm I see at least three multitools, two car keys and other doubled stuff. What brand of jeans are you wearing? Harry Potter xtra denim? Or is there a jacket and a rucksack involved?

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener.

ballistic likes this.
  10. dabluestuff

dabluestuff Uber Prepared

Valid questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ballistic likes this.
  11. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Just before I leave the house. Strictly what I got one me, jeans and coat.

[​IMG]

NFC shielded wallet. Apartment key in pouch with Nitecore Tube, USB thumb drive, emergency pills. Car key. Fishermen's Friend (Honey and Lemon right now). Handkerchief (yes with initials). CRK Inkosi Large.

Oh and the efin phone I took the picture with.

#11 ThaMac, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    ballistic and Lightnig like this.
  12. severdhed

severdhed Loaded Pockets

Just Wrangler cargo pants and a belt.

SAK and Skeletool in right front pocket

Phone in left front pocket

Kershaw knife and small notebook in left rear pocket

Wallet in right rear pocket

Flash drives, Altoids kit, knife sharpener, measuring tape, bubble level and little zipper pouch in right leg pocket

Anker USB battery pack, USB -C cable and keys in left leg pocket. I carry keys for my car as well as my wife's because we switch vehicles frequently and she is always losing her keys. I also have a Kershaw cinder, laser pointer, and maglite solitaire led on my key ring.

Leatherman surge, extra saw blades, tictac bit kit, sockets, and long Phillips bit all go in a double mag pouch on my belt.

Sharpie minis ( one is a marker, one is a pen), Ultratac K18 and kershaw precision screwdriver are carried on my belt in a custom sheath I made from a shotgun shell holder.

Nebo Redline RC light carried on belt in custom holster

Leatherman style C's is clipped to the ring if my homemade duct tape spook that clips to a caribiner on my belt on my left side

Gravity hook and Paracord bundles clip to a different caribiner on right side

That long Paracord bracelet clips to the same caribiner my gravity hook, but hangs down the inside of my pant leg. This contains 30ft of Paracord.

Lighter, Bluetooth headphones and Bluetooth earpiece go in small tech pocket that is mounted on the leg pocket of my pants

I've tried to minimize my carry, but every time I do, I end up needing the thing I left behind.

Water-Rat likes this.
  13. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Whatever works for you, to each his or her own. However is everything including the redundancy really necessary to be on your person or could it go in a bag, in car, etc?

14. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

My thought process as well....I definitely travel light in comparison. (Not even picture worthy.)

15. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

And the reason I don't participate in these threads. I'm on vacation and I'm still carrying around almost that much.

16. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

C'mon it's just a question and I meant it in a playful way. Of course we all should participate. There will always be some more, some less, some unusual. That's what's making it interesting. If we'd all carry the same stuff around we would not need a threat like this. And we NEED it.

17. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

And still we are waiting for a picture. That's why the threat, everyone is invited as there is not too much or not picture worthy. Just for the heck of it.

18. severdhed

severdhed Loaded Pockets

Are there things that aren't necessary? Sure. But I still want to have them with me. Most of this stuff gets used heavily, a few things are only occasionally. I've never needed my gravity hook for anything other than to play with, but I refuse to own a pocket grappling hook and not have it with me when the time comes that I need it.

I do keep a toolbox in my car with a better selection of tools, as well as a box of various cables and IT related equipment. I've saved the day numerous times because I just happened to have a spare wireless router in my car, or an HDMI cable. I don't want to have to run to my car every time I need a simple tool.

As for the gear I carry, I need it on me to be effective. I work for a small IT consulting firm. There are only two of us right now. We handle many area small businesses, as well as residential clients. I spend most of my day driving from one client to the next. I might be installing a printer for an old lady, then going to a church to mount a projector on the ceiling. Then off to clean up an infected laptop at a Dr's office and finish off the day on the roof of an RV dealership on a ladder, installing an external WiFi access point to cover the lot across the street.

I never know where I'm going to be out what I'm going to get into. Sometimes I go with the other guy to a job and don't have my vehicle, this means I need my stuff with me.

A bag makes sense in theory, but then I'd have to carry it everywhere and remember not to leave it behind... My wife carries a bag of crap everywhere, she is constantly misplacing it, and it ends up with a bunch of random crap in it and she can never find what she needs... It's called a purse, and I don't want one. I'm not the purse carrying type.

#18 severdhed, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Water-Rat likes this.
  19. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

I feel you. This is a vacation pocket dump. On a normal workday I'd be carrying at least twice this.

[​IMG]

Water-Rat and severdhed like this.
  20. severdhed

severdhed Loaded Pockets

That is a lot of knives