1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Emerson knives?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by moonman079, Nov 3, 2017.

1. moonman079

moonman079 Loaded Pockets

i was wondering which Emerson most people prefer? I am thinking about picking one up but I have to order it and there’s so many models.

2. ParacordMan1220

ParacordMan1220 Loaded Pockets

3. moonman079

moonman079 Loaded Pockets

Looks good. I keep going back and fourth on trading my protech CQC7. I just don’t care for autos.

4. CL01

CL01 Loaded Pockets

I've had a number of them & my favorite is probably the CQC7V (The tan scaled one with a V grind). The CQC7 is a good combo of comfort, size, & not taking up too much space in my pocket compared to some of the other Emersons.

5. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit Loaded Pockets

Eh I feel that they are very overpriced and underwhelming for what they are... Definitely not a lot of value or bang for the buck.

With that said, my mini horseman or cqc7 were always my 2 favorites out of the half dozen I owned.

6. Lightnig

Lightnig Loaded Pockets

I have a like/hate thing going on with them.

For what they are and are intended to be, theyfit the bill perfectly. A fully functional, built to work hard, ease of maintenance knife - they most definately are. Aesthetically pleasing, close tolerances, detailedfit and finish, not necessarily so much. Personally, I think the benchmade built 7's from the 1990's had far better fit, finish, and build quality than any of the currenty EKI production knives.

I have had a couple Emersons, currently only have a plain jane cqc-7 in the collection. And even that only knife I have flip-flopped on whether I should sell it or not.

I am sure Iwould be perfectly happy without it, but by the same token I can't bring myself to actively market it for sale. Right now I am thinking of keeping it and doing some upgrades to makeit a more fun user.

Don't really think I would buy another, except maybe an a100. I do want to try out one of those.

7. trojansteel

trojansteel Loaded Pockets

I think the custom versions, with the green/natural micarta and titanium bolsters are pretty good looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Lightnig

Lightnig Loaded Pockets

True enough

The customs are indeed a different animal.

But then again, the same goes for any makers customs, heck even Benchmade has their gold class knives some of which nearly approach the level of a custom.. Whether it is Emerson, or Hinderer, or Strider their customs can only be discussed in their own right and not in the same context of their standard production knives.

9. Hagbard81

Hagbard81 Loaded Pockets

QCQ15, small or regular. Small one:[​IMG]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

10. A-MAC

A-MAC Banned

Same here. On paper and in pictures I should love them but I get one in hand and only keep it a week or two before flipping it. I always go back to Benchmade.

Lightnig likes this.
  11. Hangman
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hangman Loaded Pockets

I have had several, now down to two, a Patriot and a PSARK. Both have good ergo's and decent (not great) fit and finish. I sold a CQC-7, CQC-15 and a Sheepdog. I liked the knives, just needed to fund a couple Hinderers (I'd probably sell off most of my collection for an XM-24 with no choil in M390 or 20CV). Believe it or not the Sheepdog on bearings flipped faster and locked up just as tight as any of my ZT's. I think the single biggest argument against the Emerson brand is the price vs. material/fit and finish. You can get a much nicer knife with better materials at a similar or lesser cost. I carry a multitude of blades everyday so I never bothered worrying about the chisel grind issue, my big knife of the day is usually for rough-cutting anyway, there is always a different blade for detail type work.

12. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Loaded Pockets

The "tactical" knife that started it all. Also the only knife that I ever suffered catastrophic lock failure.

Still, no one makes a Persian quite like Ernie.

[​IMG]

Hagbard81 likes this.
  13. Gym55Rat

Gym55Rat Loaded Pockets

Horseman

Moco likes this.
  14. StuntZombie

StuntZombie Loaded Pockets

Last edited by StuntZombie, Aug 10, 2019
    #14 StuntZombie, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019