1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Emergency CHEATSHEETS, cue cards, plans ect...

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Nomadtv, Jan 4, 2010.

1. wilster

wilster Loaded Pockets

I like the way these cheat sheets are organized:
    Skedco

This set of cards is intended for the snowy backcountry, but may give you ideas:
    Brooks Range

What you put on your cards will vary from these, but I thought the formats are a good model.

2. Nomadtv

Nomadtv Empty Pockets

Re: Ok my first check sheet

Awesome format and layout! This is very much what Im after. The cards I bought (mentioned above) are awesome but there is definetly an oveload of information and again it only covers general issues. Cards for family region and personal plan specific are additions I intend to make at some point. I like the format you created and will look into visio. thanks for posting!

3. Rescue_Ops

Rescue_Ops Loaded Pockets

You guys might want to check out www.thesurvivalpodcast.com There are several podcasts on there about making a very thorough bug-out plan. Excellent material.

4. casamance

casamance Loaded Pockets

I tried downloading that podcast about BOLs but it wouldn't load. Did you actually get it to work or did you just see it?

Regards,

Casamance

5. BaldEagle5556

BaldEagle5556 Loaded Pockets

This has been a great thread.....I found a bunch of info I was needing for a bug out bag and some things for my personal survival kit. Thanks to all

Tom

6. Rescue_Ops

Rescue_Ops Loaded Pockets

It actually works. I listen to it a lot. You may have to right-click on the link save the file and listen to it when it's completed instead of trying to listen to it in your browser- especially if you don't have a fast connection. You can also download and listen to it through itunes.

7. casamance

casamance Loaded Pockets

Cheers, I'll tried that again.

8. Graybear5150

Graybear5150 Empty Pockets

now i carry this condor pouch with me everywhere. for the main reason is the note pad. on the inside cover i have all medical info on myself that anyone might need if i should be laying in a ditch somewhere. on the back cover are all emergency contacts. written on the pages i have some basic notes such as first aid. now i am first aid and cpr cert. but there some things that i have learned that well i don't get whole lot of practice on so i have written them down in short hand. i also have simple survival tricks and locations of drop off points for food and gear for myself and some buddies.
    [​IMG]

i know i need to get some waterproof paper but this has lasted me for almost a year now. the PDA has all my contacts and everything is password protected but there is a section that is marked EMERGENCY, and it has the same info as the note pad.

also i just bought this as an added bonus. some weather proof cards on knot tying. in an emergency and i need to tie a knot for some reason or another but i get confused with all that is going around me or i am stuck with someone and while i go scout i can leave them to set up camp.
    [​IMG]

9. Helstar

Helstar Loaded Pockets

I got the SAS survial guide App on my ipod touch. It has about everything one would need. Great App.

10. robrit13

robrit13 Loaded Pockets

How much memory did that App take up on your ipod touch?

11. Helstar

Helstar Loaded Pockets

12. Helstar

Helstar Loaded Pockets

13. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Loaded Pockets

Reference materials, for information you don't need immediately, is one thing.

Procedural information, especially for things that will kill you or something quickly, need to be committed to memory and reviewed regularly. In an emergency you don't have time to look something up.

(Perfect) practice makes perfect. Amateurs and beginners do something over and over again, until they get it right. Professionals do something correctly, over and over again, so they can't possibly do it wrong.