1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Emergency CHEATSHEETS, cue cards, plans ect...

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Nomadtv, Jan 4, 2010.

1. jfirebalrog

jfirebalrog Empty Pockets

That is a great idea. :include:

2. Nomadtv

Nomadtv Empty Pockets

I plan on having one for every emergency kit, BOB and car (which is kinda redundant ;) Cost wont be an issue, some light prining and laminating. Maybe $100 for all of it, the real cost is in time it takes to make something like the above for 15 different scenarios :)

3. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

I used to work in a hospital they had hanging on the wall different plans or alerts and a procedure under each, they were color coded. So if someone announced colde silver you would know what to do. I have been planing to write different plans for each type of emergency. I would put these into my blackberry's note pad as well as my wife's and keep them in my cars and BOBs laminated. I am just starting to work on them. I have been looking at equipped.org.

Q

4. Nomadtv

Nomadtv Empty Pockets

I actually just found thesehttp://www.informedguides.com and bought a couple along with the pet cards..., they also come in PDF.. perfect for the phone, which is always on your person! I figure I can always redo individual cards or add some later, think this might save some time. Of course the most individually specific cards , like your family Bug In or Bug out plans, rally points , contact sheets ect are not going to be included, but it looks like a good base. Ill post a review once they arrive

5. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

Excellent these are great

6. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

Lee Nading survival cards for 4.99

7. Fusilier

Fusilier Loaded Pockets

Nope. Kaboodle kind of points to Campmor for sales but they do not have the Lee Nading cards any more. I haven't been able to find them anywhere on the planet. I've ordered three sets of the Brunton survival card set (with fresnel lens and pop out emergency compass). I'll try to do a review when they come in. I'd still love to see the Nading cards - now more out of curiosity since I can't find them anywhere.

8. chute43

chute43 Loaded Pockets

I have a set of the Lee Nading cards, I think I have had them for over twenty years, I got them as a boy scout and they have survived hundreds of climbing trips, big wildland fires, lots of remote helicopter flights. Luckly I havent ever had to use them, but I like knowing that I have them.

kind of off topic but I wanted to add that
    kary

9. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

Well, lets see a scan of them.

10. Eagle Scout
    • In Omnia Paratus

Eagle Scout Loaded Pockets

Religion aside (and no I'm not a LDS), I carry this among other files on an SD card for my EDC Palm 650.
    LDS Preparedness Manual
    First half is food, second half survival. Sections could be pulled to create printed cheatsheets. There's quite a few lists included.

11. 17Chap

17Chap Loaded Pockets

Someone posted this somewhere the other day. There is a one sheet pdf BOB checklist under the Ultimate Survival Checklist heading.

Checklist

Jess

12. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

Ok people, I have been working on creating the following and will share when complete:

Complete EOP plan
    Checklists for every emergency
    Inventory checklists for each bag (for those who do not know) like my wife
    Checklist of items to purchase after bug out
    Also thinking of getting these ebay item 350284112906 to label my bags, since my wife would not know what to take

Q

13. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

Ok my first check sheet

Here is my first inventory sheet, I may put this under a new sticky topic in the fourms once I figure out how to do this.

Here is the link to the file

http://cid-ca110ccadf7bdc89.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Visio-Level%201%20Bag.pdf

http://cid-ca110ccadf7bdc89.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Level%201%20Bag.vsd

I created this sheet in visio so I included the file if anyone wants to edit it. I will print this 1/2 page and laminate it, I plan on making one for each of my bags and one for each car so I know just want I have an other can use.

14. Fusilier

Fusilier Loaded Pockets

15. Fusilier

Fusilier Loaded Pockets

16. Ranger325

Ranger325 Empty Pockets

I have a couple sets of plant identification cards I got in SERE school years ago that I keep in my bag. Not sure of the manufacturer.
    I'm thinking of putting togeter other references in a Flight Crew Check list binder. I used these binders alot when I was on actice duty as a 'smart book' for SOPs, lists, etc. Not weatherproof, but certainly weather-resistant.
    [​IMG]
    My 2 cents........................

17. TrailDemon

TrailDemon Loaded Pockets

i just have a SAS Survival Handbook(pocket sized) that ive tossed into my BOB.
    my version has a durable cover with a cheap compass built into the cover. it also has a zipper enclosure.
    when i saw it in the bookstore, i didn't think it was the real SAS book, but after looking at it, it appears to be the genuine article, on pocket sized pages. ;D

18. jenkinma

jenkinma Loaded Pockets

Cool!... where did you get that?

19. Fusilier

Fusilier Loaded Pockets

I've found another website with a number of checklists, hints and info.

Toop 149 Wilderness Survival Info

Look for the PSK Cheat Sheet about half way down the page. It's not perfect but it is a good place to start.

20. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

This is an excellent find. I like that they have Doug Ritters kits in a spreadsheet. Thanks!
    \
    Q